It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli eases Gaza blockade on some banned food items, critics say move insignificant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Israeli eases Gaza blockade on some banned food items, critics say move insignificant

www.me tronews.ca

JERUSALEM - Israel eased a three-year blockade of Gaza Wednesday to allow in some previously banned food items in an effort to defuse the worldwide furor over its deadly raid on a Gaza-bound international flotilla. But critics said the step falls far short of what is needed in the impoverished Palestinian territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Jewish American reaction to attack on flotilla (we overwhelmingly condemn it)
15 dead, flotilla fired upon by Israel

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

In the first tangible step to temper the uproar caused by last week's raid, Israel only narrowly expanded the list of items that can enter by adding little more than snack foods and spices. It did not permit the most sought after items, such as cement, steel and other materials needed to rebuild the war-devastated territory and it was unlikely to ease international pressure.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Are they serious??? They try and defuse the latest hostilities by allowing the Palestinians to have snack foods and spices? How nice of them. Do they really think that "all is well" because they allow the Palestinians to have twinkies and doritos? This just shows how enslaved the Palestinian people are, how micromanaged their lives really are.

--airspoon

www.me tronews.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And here we go again...

Can we just have a new forum for Israel bashing, please?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

It's not Israel bashing, rather it's showing news that people need to hear. Just because it's Israel or because you don't like exposing it, doesn't mean that we should ignore it.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
yupp thats where all the vitamins are , soda pop and fried crisps and lest not forget cheesedoodles or a daily dosage of juju bee´s

man this is just absurd , they kill 9 people (who knows where the missing are) for a few sacks of cement and now their playing willy wonka ,

but i guess this is the way nowdays to "westernize" people , build it up and tear it down only to have some fellow with an automatic rifle offer you a fanta.

sheech , im of to bed and tomorrow when i wake up i want nato ships around that small a** harbour smiling and waving and see to it that this absurd nonsence stops.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

i like that idea just that it should be called "my thoughts on your goverment"
and it should be an open forum where everyone can bash or flame or just ask questions that bother them about other nations and their goverment/s

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
And here we go again...

Can we just have a new forum for Israel bashing, please?

People are starving and need to rebuild their lives and all you can care about is being offended?

Israel bashing.. no no Israel are angels
Only the best of people in the world are murderous

Happy now? Is that what you wanted to hear?
I'm sure jewish people complained about Germany bashing too once upon a time.

This is ridiculous now, I do not know how people can expect Israel to be exempt from criticism after commiting crimes against humanity JUST because it's Israel.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by Curio

It's not Israel bashing, rather it's showing news that people need to hear. Just because it's Israel or because you don't like exposing it, doesn't mean that we should ignore it.

--airspoon

No, it's bashing when you present the news in an obviously biased manner. Israel did something "good" and you immediately spin in into something negative. That's not just presenting news - that's bashing.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why were these goods banned in the first place? Were they worried some kid would kill Israelis with a cookie? I'm sure that microwaved Twinkies are sooooo dangerous for the IDF... Oh wait! Microwave ovens are probably banned anyway!

Stupid blockade... This "easing" of the blockade is a way to take away the focus on the raids at sea... sort of a "see, we aren't so bad! we let people eat candy and food that tastes like something now!"...

And for those who will try to turn this into a "why is this another Israel bashing thread", wake up, when a country is on the world stage and they act the way they do, expect people to report news from there...

BS, complete BS...

Magnum

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Perhaps they should have done nothing instead?

Its not much, but its a small step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

This was not presenting the news in a biased manner and no, Israel didn't do anything good as far as "easing" the restrictions. You think it's good that Israel is now allowing snack foods into Palestine? No, it's not good because they shouldn't be micromanaging in the first place. Israel shouldn't even have a say about what food items and basic supplies can enter Gaza.

If I am beating my wife, would I be doing something good if I announce that "I will now stop punching her in the leg but everything else is fair game". Of course not!

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

People are starving and need to rebuild their lives and all you can care about is being offended?

What makes you think I'm offended?

Yes, because ONLY Israel falls into that category, right?

This is ridiculous now, I do not know how people can expect Israel to be exempt from criticism after commiting crimes against humanity JUST because it's Israel.

Of course they can be criticized - it's just that EVERY thing they do is criticized. Why are there no threads on other countries that do a LOT worse things than Israel?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Curio

This was not presenting the news in a biased manner and no, Israel didn't do anything good as far as "easing" the restrictions. You think it's good that Israel is now allowing snack foods into Palestine? No, it's not good because they shouldn't be micromanaging in the first place. Israel shouldn't even have a say about what food items and basic supplies can enter Gaza.

Better than nothing.

If I am beating my wife, would I be doing something good if I announce that "I will now stop punching her in the leg but everything else is fair game". Of course not!

--airspoon

It would be a good start. Maybe it was a sign of things to come....maybe not.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Yes, because ONLY Israel falls into that category, right?

Of course they can be criticized - it's just that EVERY thing they do is criticized. Why are there no threads on other countries that do a LOT worse things than Israel?

1. I think you are missing the point of this thread. It's about the "easing" of the restrictions in Palestine... Not Israel bashing.

2. I also think you need to look into the forums called US POLITICAL MADNESS, 9/11 CONSPIRACY THEORIES, and MILLITARY & GOV. PROJECTS... Tell me which country is the most represented in those forums... (hint ---> the USA)...

my .02$

[edit on 10/6/9 by Magnum007]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Check my thread and post history
You will see me codemning everything that is Evil

From the american one party system, to Monsanto, to Goldman Sacchs, to Israeli policies, to muslim beliefs, to christian beliefs all the way to dirty energy to Aspartame.

Perhaps you only decide to see when it's relative to Israel.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What Israel are doing is : -

Make life so bad in Gaza for them and the Hamas Muppets, they will think sod this, I'm off and pi** off somewhere else so Israel can have the land back.

Make life so bad for them they simply don't want to live there.

Whilst I do not agree with this, I can see why they are doing it and maybe in the end it will work and Israel can have their land?

But after a meeting I had today (see the below text), I don't think this is going to happen!

I am not sure wether or not to start a new thread with this one?

Basically, a friend of mine through work (have known him for 10 years) stated to me today that he is a Freemason and goes to closed door meetings on weekends at American Airforce Bases in the UK.

Because his company supplies parts to the Middle East such as Jordan and Dubai, I jokingly said that they should stay away from Israel.

He said they have to because his business would fold overnight if these other Middle East countries knew he did business with Israel.

He went onto say that Israel will be MADE to give back to the Palestinians the land they occupy, this will happen this year and they will have no choice. The US and the UK will not support them in an upcoming War and when I mentioned the Iranian Boats going there soon, he went very quiet.

My question is to fellow ATS'ers : -

Does anything he has said to me make sense, could it actually happen, Israel giving up their land, what might happen with the Iranian Boats going there and finally are the Freemasons linked in anyway to the New World Order / Bilderberg / Rothchilds etc. How would he know this stuff and I must admit, he looked very honest and quite worried whilst he was telling me.

Waiting in anticipation.

Oh, I didn't have time to ask him the above questions because his next visitor had turned up and our meeting had to end.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'd actually like to know the difference between this thread and 14 million people starving in Rwanda?

Noone seems to give a crap about Rwanda's 14 million starving people.... But try and starve the Palestinians and aid-boats come afloating.

I guess the difference is intentional?

Intentionally Starving the Palestinians (an enemy of Isreal, as declared by themselves), or drought causing famine in Rwanda.

I dont hear about any aid boats heading to Rwanda or such.... Doesn't mean there aren;t any, but still i havn't heard about the 14 million starving Rwandans apart from 3 paragraphs in the newspaper about 2-3 months ago... I dont hear it on the news or anything.

But i hear about Starving Palestinians due to Israels blockade (pretty much being a war due to Palestine/Hamas being an "Enemy of Israel" as stated by the Palestinians/Hamas. And why wouldn't they be? All these Jews swamped in after WW2 and created their own state on Palestinian land... Then pushed out the Palestinians ever since, destroying thier homes, etc...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Why haven't we gone into North Korea to help the millions of starving and now dead children?

There are loads of countries that need help much more than Gaza but they seem to be the one's that shout the loudest, hence get the attention.

It's just so wrong!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonguy

reply to post by Curio

--airspoon

No, it's bashing when you present the news in an obviously biased manner. Israel did something "good" and you immediately spin in into something negative. That's not just presenting news - that's bashing.

Israel did something GOOD?!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

LOLOLOLO

Firstly, congrats on such an adult post. All those smileys really hit me where it hurt

Secondly, I put the word "good" in quote marks - but you obviously chose to miss my point in your rush to mash that smiley button. Come back to the discussion when you've grown up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join