It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The I hate Israel crowd is truly irrational

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
How many I hate Israel threads to people have to make on ATS? When North Korea bombed the South Korean ship, the I hate Israel crowd wanted to wait and see and they wanted everyone to calm down because that Kim Jong-Il is great like Che and Chairman Mao. When it comes to Ahmadinejad in Iran, the I hate Israel crowd wants us to slow down and talk reason to the religious zealot.

When it comes to Israel, there's this irrational and twisted hate for them.

The I hate Israel crowd never blames Hamas who wants to bring weapons into Gaza to kill Jews.

The I hate Israel crowd never complains about the billions given in Aid to Palestine that falls into a black hole and is spent by those who are in charge in Palestine. When Arafat died he was worth a billion dollars and his wife was taking shopping trips in France. Did Arafat own a Google or an Amazon.com?

Yasser Arafat diverted nearly $1 billion in public funds to insure his political survival, but a lot more is unaccounted for.

Jim Prince and a team of American accountants - hired by Arafat's own finance ministry - are combing through Arafat's books. Given what they've already uncovered, Arafat may be rethinking the decision. Lesley Stahl reports.

"What is Mr. Arafat and the Palestinian Authority worth today?" asks accountant Jim Prince. "Who is controlling that money? Where is that money? How do we get it back?"

So far, Prince's team has determined that part of the Palestinian leader's wealth was in a secret portfolio worth close to $1 billion -- with investments in companies like a Coca-Cola bottling plant in Ramallah, a Tunisian cell phone company and venture capital funds in the U.S. and the Cayman Islands.

Although the money for the portfolio came from public funds like Palestinian taxes, virtually none of it was used for the Palestinian people; it was all controlled by Arafat. And, Prince says, none of these dealings were made public.

Ross says, "Arafat used to say to me, 'Where's my money? You need to go to the Saudis and get my money.' It was never the Palestinians' money."

www.cbsnews.com...

This is why Arafat didn't want peace with Israel. It makes no sense to make peace. The I hate Israel crowd from around the world will send them billions and they will spend it among themselves. They will then blame Israel for everything and the Palestinian people get nothing but dead sons and daughters.

Israel isn't perfect, but this irrational, I hate Israel or let's blame Israel for everything crowd is truly what I call Hitler sick.

The I hate Israel crowd never blames the crooks who run Palestine, all they can see is Israel.

This is dangerous because it's so irrational.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Matrix Rising]

+39 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
So, the Anti-Israel crowd is irrational and over the top because they keep posting threads on the subject.....

well, this is the third thread crying about Israel-bashers that I have seen in the last 2 hours on here.

Where the separation? What's the difference? Is it not just as over the top, just from the opposite point of view?

Truth be told, this thread is exactly the same as those are....

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Who's being irrational? There's a serious conflict that deserves attention and a problem that needs to be solved, and you think we shouldn't be talking about it? We can criticize any government but, oh no, the minute someone criticizes Isreal ATS has turned into an anti-Isreali agenda site.

Now, does ATS have an agenda, or is ATS simply a site full of intellectuals who use logic to approach an issue. The threads that are seen as important by most members will get many flags and will be discussed further. If you do not like the majority of ATS, then why are you here? As someone said, it is these kind of threads that are even worse. Rather than whine about it, hop into one of those threads and consider the valid points to each side.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Good Intentions]

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
When Israel stops murdering Palestinians, and ends its illegal occupation of Palestine then the “hate” Israel threads will stop.

Israel ironically is the new Nazi regime of the epoch.

Indeed they may be worst because they should know better!

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
"The I hate Israel crowd never complains about the billions given in Aid to Palestine that falls into a black hole and is spent by those who are in charge in Palestine."

Why aren't you speaking of the billions in aid given to Isreal that is used against Palestine. Hypocritcal much?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
So, the Anti-Israel crowd is irrational and over the top because they keep posting threads on the subject.....

well, this is the third thread crying about Israel-bashers that I have seen in the last 2 hours on here.

Where the separation? What's the difference? Is it not just as over the top, just from the opposite point of view?

Truth be told, this thread is exactly the same as those are....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Arafat was with Fatah and not Hamas.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

My tune has changed on the Israeli Government - they should be held accountable for what happened on that cargo ship, and I can't continue to support their government until leadership changes. This was an action that could've been easily avoided, blockade not withstanding, but sadly was not.

What you said, however, is a rediculously poor excuse to parallel two extremely dissimilar governments that I'm getting tired of hearing. The new Nazi regime? Really?

If Israel wanted to play that card, they could have very easily on numerous occasions since 1948... but, since Israel hasn't swept across the middle east planting the Star Of David above each country's capital killing millions upon millions, and carting Muslims off to death camps, I've got to say your parallel is somewhat idiotic.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So attempting to compare modern Israel to Nazi Germany based on the facts today is hate? Israel is practicing ethnic cleansing against the Palestinians.

It's ok to hate the Nazi for killing Jews and starting ww2 but its not ok to even question Israel for killing Palestinians and contributing to possibly starting ww3?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Billions are always going to Palestine but it never gets to the Palestinian people.

Dozens of countries met yesterday to pledge billions of dollars in aid to the Palestinians in support of Western-backed President Mahmoud Abbas, but disputes with Israel on settlements and checkpoints darkened the mood.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy urged the 68 visiting states to be generous at the one-day conference, the financial sequel to last month's Annapolis meeting that launched the first peace talks between Israelis and Palestinians in seven years.

The Palestinian government is seeking $5.6 billion over three years at the aid meeting - funds designed to revive the moribund Palestinian economy and strengthen Abbas in a power struggle with Hamas Islamists while he negotiates with Israel.

There's always billions flowing into Palestine and the people live like it's 2,000 B.C.

People like Jimmy Carter and the I hate Israel crowd never complain about the billions in aid that never gets to the Palestinian people.

This is why there will never be Peace. It doesn't make any sense for those crooks running Palestine to make Peace as long as the useful idiots in the I hate Israel crowd will keep sending them Billions and they will keep spending it while blaming Israel for everything.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Billions are always going to Palestine but it never gets to the Palestinian people.

Dozens of countries met yesterday to pledge billions of dollars in aid to the Palestinians in support of Western-backed President Mahmoud Abbas, but disputes with Israel on settlements and checkpoints darkened the mood.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy urged the 68 visiting states to be generous at the one-day conference, the financial sequel to last month's Annapolis meeting that launched the first peace talks between Israelis and Palestinians in seven years.

The Palestinian government is seeking $5.6 billion over three years at the aid meeting - funds designed to revive the moribund Palestinian economy and strengthen Abbas in a power struggle with Hamas Islamists while he negotiates with Israel.

There's always billions flowing into Palestine and the people live like it's 2,000 B.C.

People like Jimmy Carter and the I hate Israel crowd never complain about the billions in aid that never gets to the Palestinian people.

This is why there will never be Peace. It doesn't make any sense for those crooks running Palestine to make Peace as long as the useful idiots in the I hate Israel crowd will keep sending them Billions and they will keep spending it while blaming Israel for everything.

see, another perfect example. This isnt about you trying to defend Israel. This is about you trying to deflect. "Israel may be bad, but Palestine is worse! Hate them instead!"

I see this in every thread on the subject at this point. It is a truly pathetic and misguided way of debating, and is something that can be sniffed out a mile away.

Either defend israel, or make a thread about hating palestine. Dont try and disguise one as the other.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Israel has engineered a 35+ year brutal occupation of Palestine, contrary to human rights, UN conventions and equivalent to the treatment of the blacks in South Africa under apartheid - itself a crime against humanity. The subsequent rockets are a mere (and unfortunate) gesture of resilience, not attempts at genocide! State force has this measure of arrogance about it always - as Chomsky says, when they do it, it's terrorism, when we do it, it's counter terrorism! See the irony and you then see the rationality in terrorism!

The net outcome of this regime is Northern Ireland times 10.

If there is one thing a country like Britain or Israel should have learned by now is this - you cannot defeat an enemy you cannot see - especially when the 'enemy' is a portion of a peacful population. Israel has failed to learn this costly lesson, and is blinded by a lust for power, an illigitimate power which, unfortunatley, is supported by the US.

The solution - a regime change in Israel is essential (as suggested by an ATS member already) coupled with the acceptance of an Hamas ceasefire, (and disarmament). This should apply to any other groups intent on the indiscriminate firing on Israeli civilians.

This, unfortunatley, will never happen with the US veto at the table.

But one common agreement should be that all the guns need to be taken out of Middle Eastern politics, with the people taking charge of internal affairs.

The one size fits all hatred against Israel is irrational, but not against any moral standards that Israel have not themselves protrayed year on year, for 4 decades now!

Violence begets violence - Israel should be fought with forgiveness and compassion. Then what would they do?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The name of this thread is one of the worst, and there are another 3 threads talking about this topic, go contribute to them.

Israeli pirates attacked unarmed activists in international waters.

israeli terrorist state has no right to control what happens in gaza

israeli zionists are the biggest threat to mankind

israeli is itching to go to war with lebanon

israel bulldozes schools, hospitals, and houses where large families lives just to move in one zionist citizen.

half the people in israel are not of the true jewish faith

the star of david is not jewish

most of the true jews where killed in concentration camps in the 40s

iran has one of the last true jewish populations in the world

zionist israel believes that one day the world will turn against them and they will have to use nukes.

the zionists also believe that they are chosen by god, and they have a higher priority to live than other people, so it is okay to kill others in order to survive and fulfil gods plan.

israelis dont want peace because they think that their messiah will come after a great war where they will be FORCED to kill half of the world population.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

When it comes to Israel, there's this irrational and twisted hate for them.

Irrational?

You forget the meaning of the words that you are using...

Allow me to explain.

IF I found out where you lived, bulldozed your house, and "Evicted" you by Force....

How would You Feel?

It is not Irrational.... it is the QUITE RATIONAL *REACTION* to the actions of Israel's Militarily Expansionist Tactic.

The I hate Israel crowd never complains about the billions given in Aid to Palestine that falls into a black hole and is spent by those who are in charge in Palestine.

Once again... Distracting attention for the REAL REASON for the Anger directed at Israel.

The Suffering of the Palestinians in Israel Occupied Lands.

Now you're saying that Their own government doesn't treat them right.... so that makes it MAGICALLY OK to take all their stuff, land, march them off, etc...

Look at what is being done to these PEOPLE.

Israel isn't perfect, but this irrational, I hate Israel or let's blame Israel for everything crowd is truly what I call Hitler sick.

Godwin? So soon?

If you Want to get all "Hitlery" with it.... then by all means....

en.wikipedia.org...

Israel has been quite naughty...

But it never gets punished, because AIPAC owns the political landscape of the Largest Military Nation on the Planet.

The United States of America.

They attempt to control opinion through mass media, and thus, political elections, and candidates themselves, IN EXCHANGE FOR AIRTIME:

pakalert.wordpress.com...

But the Mass media control isn't working anymore.... is it?

No, today's opinions are formed on the Internet, aren't they?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Aren't They?

-Edrick

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The point of this thread isnt to bash those who are debating the crisis but its to point out the motives of those who post threads that are clearly anti Israel. There is no logic nor desire to come to a conclusion, only to rip apart the nation of Israel.

I was reading a reply where Ahmadinejad was being quoted and aggreed with here on ATS. My God.... yet these same people wont want to destroy the great nation of Iran...somehow holding out the hope that this butcher who takes people off the streets for protesting his control, who calls for the destruction of Israel...this man somehow is a statesman who needs to be listened to?

Thats the kind of lunacy that this poster is talking about. Not the need to debate and discuss but the blind hatred of Israel that is seething in so many threads here in recent days.

As a Jew, it truly concerns me and I am begining to see the old anger and hatred of my people become popular again. History sadly repeats itself.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
So attempting to compare modern Israel to Nazi Germany based on the facts today is hate?

No, it's just stupid.

Second line

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Isreal doesn't want to attack Iran? Where have you been for the past couple years? And many of the quotes used by the Iranian president are translated unclearly. For example, the wiping Isreal off the map, really meant something along the lines of changing their regime. I would go and find all these quotes for you, but my guess is that if you don't want to go find them yourself, you aren't willing to consider them anyway.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Reporting the flaws of the other side is not deflection, it is stating what Israel has to work with. There are two sides to the conflict and in order to understand the conflict, one must see what both sides are working with.

How can Israel be single handedly responsible for the plight of the average Palestinian when Palestinian leaders have squandered billions of dollars in foreign aid. Perhaps the Israelis would not have to fend off as many attacks from desperate Palestinians if the Palestinian leadership used the billions of dollars it gets to take care of their people rather than enriching themselves.

The anti-Israel crowd portrays Israel as a unilateral aggressor. Is it deflection to point out that Palestinians have launched acts of aggression like launching rockets into Israeli territory or sending suicide bombers into Israeli market places?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

The fact that you dont have the quotes to present here, tells me your argument is based on your bias and ignorance. Clearly you have anti-semitic feelings and are unwilling to deal with them.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think the term used, "I Hate Israel Crowd" is a misnomer to begin with.

People aren't saying here that they HATE Israel.

People are pointing out the major problems caused by the government of that relatively new Nation, just as they point it out when it is the U.S., Australia or anywhere else.

This does not make it a Hate Crowd.

As for the Aid Money not being seen to be used, is there any country where the billions in aid got to the people? Methinks not. As always, those in control direct the funds to where they want it. The same thing applies to Israel's Official Avenues for Aid.. it simply does not get sent on at all, otherwise we would not be seeing the Palestinian people starving, in dire need of medicines and building materials.

The Israeli Apologists need to think about the words of every elected Prime Minister and President since David Ben Gurion, that state their intention to drive the Palestinians into the sea, to destroy these people forever and be rid of them once and for all.

Do some research on that for a bettter understanding of the Intent of the Israeli Government.

The people of Israel are not to blame, it is as always the leaders who drive the country's direction. Hence why so many people are against the actions of this particular nation's government.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join