It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
reply to post by Wookiep

So, what you're actually saying is... Because you have no video proof, it is unsafe to assume that Israel did anything wrong? But at the same time, because one of the peace-keepers is wearing a bandanna, it's safe to assume that he/they were up to no good? Fuzzy logic at it's finest.

Cheers,
Strype

Please site where I said Israel did "nothing wrong."

What I was actually saying is that: the videos that I was *shown* did not "show" anything conclusive to an israeli mass-murder of innocent civilians. It was poor-quality and I didn't see even ONCE the begging of life by the "peacekeepers".

Now...I'm not saying it didn't happen! I'm just saying I have yet to see that.

When I mentioned the "bandannas" why... this is common amongst "terrorist" groups (ugh) who claim to out the USA!! and well.. you know... ETC.. don't tell me you don't get the drill..

This is a form of "racial profiling" !!! I used that!!!! YAY!! It exsists, and if you wanna get PC well.... whatever!! Maybe, I've been spoon-fed crap! ooohhh it's just so confusing these days. who the hell even knows anymore.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Wookiep]

link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

Originally posted by CRDDD
Also, guys. Notice how there are alot of new members that just registered today suddenly posting support for Israel in this thread.

Just goes to show that there are people watching this site 24/7.

I can't believe I missed that! Thank you for pointing out the obvious, apparently sometimes we can all us a little help there.

It happens everytime the murder squad need defending. They have a whole department whose job it is to jump into forums and other web sites to try to sway opinion.

I try to ignore them usuaully but it can be very tempting to reply to some of their more ridiculous statements.

Looks like they have called on hands on deck this morning ..... no pun intended

link   

Originally posted by malchediel

Originally posted by celticniall
reply to post by Pryde87

All I will say is that Israel are hated because of their in-humane actions over the years.
troubles.

C'mon... "inhuman"? When's the last time you saw Israel cut the head off someone?! When's the last time you saw Israel torturing someone?! It's funny that when Israel defends herself the roaches crawl out of the woodwork... but when Israeli men, women and children are murdered at a cafe, a shopping mall, on a school bus, or where ever else... it is deafeningly silent.

I don't want to drag this off topic, and you are in danger of doing the same......did you not pay any attention to the invasion by Israel into Gaza, the killing of innocent women and children? Bombing of schools? Stealing land from poor people? Need I go on? You are the one refusing to see why Israel are being attacked...it is because they are trying to wipe out a people.....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Looks like they have called on hands on deck this morning ..... no pun intended

Reminds me of the end of Hook a bit. Smee gives a call to all hands "Anybody like fighting, get here quick!"

Not implying anything offensive towards anyone in particular, just a little pirate irony.

Watch for those trying to "hijack the ship" as it were.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

link   
gotta love all the different media spinoffs, from haaretz

11:20
Ayalon: Incident on Gaza flotilla still not over (Haaretz)
11:19
Ayalon: Israel does not want to fight with any country (Haaretz)
11:18
Ayalon: At least two guns found on Gaza flotilla (Haaretz)
11:11
Ayalon: No sovereign country would allow such provocation (Haaretz)
11:11
Ayalon: Gaza flotilla did not heed Israel's calls this morning (Haaretz)
11:10
Ayalon: Could not let ships open corridor for arms smuggling, terrorists (Haaretz)
11:09
Ayalon: Flotilla said its aim was to break maritime blockade on Gaza (Haaretz)

link   

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Gemwolf]

link   
This thread has temporarily been closed to give everyone a moment to reflect on this post:

ATTENTION ALL:

Please keep to the topic, and leave the insults and racism at the door.

This thread is now under heavy moderation due to some members' inability to stay on topic and person insults.

Off-topic and ill-mannered posts will be removed without any debate or further discussion.

Thank you.

The thread will be re-opened in a few minutes. I suggest everyone take a breather and maybe get some fresh air to cool off.

link   
The action by Israel was piracy atleast, at worst murder of unarmed activists in international waters.

This issue should be brought to the security council for urgent discussion and if britain and america veto anything against israel, then NATO should be disbanded and i wouldnt be surprised if turkey pulls out of nato over this and takes action by itself.

the USA should cut this rabid dog (israel) loose....for the good of world peace and itself....stop supporting a criminal state/organisation.

the sooner israel gets castrated the better!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Thread temporarily closed.

Please review this post.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by malchediel

Originally posted by bvproductions
reply to post by malchediel

Funny, because I've seen videos of Israeli soldiers opening fire on innocent children and families in the streets.
No, not cruel at all... not cruel at all..

[edit on 31-5-2010 by bvproductions]

Then I am sure you saw the coward terrorists HIDING behind them.

No, in fact, we did not. Nor does that give ANY type of justification for the murder of innocent civilians. Is something wrong with you, sir? Please stop relating the current crisis to events and situations that are entirely irrelevant. We realize your support of Islam, however, that is not what is being discussed here.

Let's pretend Israel DID board these ships illegally, and murder 10+ innocent peace-keepers. What would your stance be, then? I'm curious.

Cheers,
Strype

Edit: Punc.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Strype]

Mod Edit: Thread temporarily closed. Please review this post.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thread re-opened.

Let's keep to the ATS tradition of civil discussions.

Thank you.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Mother of God what happened here; this thread is FUBAR.

Anyway, if there is anyone out there willing to explain in layman's terms how this could lead to another war, please share. The news is downplaying it like no one's business and I believe at most it will have a news ticker mention on the morning news.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

You love anything you can condemn... I want to know more before I burn the witch at the stake....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

Well -

1) Hamas and Hezbollah will retaliate with rocket attacks.
2) Turkey MAY try and use some military force/action.
3) There is bound to be terrorist attacks in Israel now.
4) Israel may just feel like they have nothing more too lose after this cockup and go ahead and attack Iran.

All this will just spur on a massive war between Israel and Iran/Syria/Hezbollah that has been brewing for months and months.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
But eh, gotta believe them, they are the ``CHOSEN PEOPLE OF GOD`` so they wouldn't lie now would they?

That fools many people. Too many people think "god" is some loving benevolent being. The term "god" applies to hundreds of individual entities. Which one they are referring to is anyone's guess. They could be the "chosen ones of Satan" for all we know.

As for the reports of the IDF being attacked when they boarded, well, that tends to happen to pirates when they attack ships. I don't even know why people bother trying to use it as a defense.

Wiki definition of piracy

Maritime piracy, according to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) of 1982, consists of any criminal acts of violence, detention, rape, or depredation committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or aircraft that is directed on the high seas against another ship, aircraft, or against persons or property on board a ship or aircraft. Piracy can also be committed against a ship, aircraft, persons, or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any state, in fact piracy has been the first example of universal jurisdiction. Nevertheless today the international community is facing many problems in bringing pirates to justice.

[edit on 31/5/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Israel on high alert following Gaza flotilla showdown

"We raised the security level all over the country," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told Xinhua on Monday.

An Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman said earlier that measures have been taken to strengthen security, including closing checkpoints along the border with Gaza.

Israeli communities adjoining Gaza have been ordered to prepare shelters, for fear of a resumption of rocket fire, sources told Xinhua on Monday.

Roads towards the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and other controversial areas were blocked by police, according to a report of local news service Ynet.
source

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Please look at the crap cnn put out its so sad that all of us were up all night watching this unfold and this is the crap that spewing,

"During the incident the soldier's lives were in danger," said a statement from the Israel Defense Forces. "They were attacked with severe physical violence, including live fire, weapons, knives and clubs."

Classic Cnn Propaganda

I wish there was an Israeli embassy near I would be on my way to protest at this moment. Once again the American people will have the wool pulled over their eyes

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
UPDATE : CNN is saying now there might be as much as 40 dead.

Also, Turkey foreign minister goes to New York to call an emergency UN security council session.

And the Israeli spokesperson said on TV that ``all this will be forgotten in a few days``...

Yeah and when those responsible for this atrocity end up in jail, we will forget about them in a hole somewhere till they die of shame.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

despite hyperbole this is not a cause for war

of greater concern to the likes of hamas will be the reputed killing (martyrdom) of a prominent arab involved in palestinian rights, watch for a massive protest in al asqua mosque

what it will do is convince more arab/iranian/turkish politicians and decision makers that israel is no longer a rational actor, and can not be trusted

it will deepen mistrust between all players

i predict a turkish onslaught against kurdish militants on its iraqi border - in an attempt to capture certain trainers/enablers

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is pretty sickening to say the least...

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join