It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Fox News reports EU calling for investigation:

SOURCE

The European Union called for an inquiry into deaths aboard Gaza aid ships seized by Israel's navy on Monday and urged Israel to allow the free flow of humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.

link   
So if the signals are being blocked where is all the video and and first hand reports of massacres etc are able to be sent around the world.

AND NO THIS IS NOT TROLLING STOP SAY THIS....

[edit on 31-5-2010 by greenfruit]

link   
It's TRUE that the word Flotilla has been blocked from the Trending Topics on twitter. It's been the most used word for the past hour and still hasn't gotten on the TT, when it should be #1 for its usage.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

link   

link   

Originally posted by john124
I'm wondering about why you entered this thread....

When the crowds start talking genocide based on events they have not fully examined, I enter a thread in defense of a calm analysis.

I think that type of talk is dangerous and can lead to real escalation of violence.

link   

Originally posted by greenfruit
So if the signals are being blocked where is all the video and and first hand reports of massacres etc.

AND NO THIS IS NOT TROLLING STOP SAY THIS....

The signal wasn't jammed until around 20 minutes after being boarded

link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
The ship has expressed the intent to enter Israels borders and conduct activities it has been asked not to conduct.

Actually fact check here, the flotilla was going into GAZA through Palestinian waters.

Now that the Israeli pirates have taken the ships (once again in International Waters) and killed a few innocent nobodies they will force the survivors INTO ISRAEL, when in reality they were heading for Palestine not Israel.

So this argument holds no weight.

link   
reply to post by malchediel

Well you would imagine wrong since I was indifferent to Israel until I watched their commandos raid a ship in international waters and wax a couple of innocent people. And obviously you have no concept of the situation or much less the world outside your town if you refer to these people as "terrorists." I sincerely hope you don't suffocate yourself from the black plastic and duct tape you undoubtedly wrapped your house in.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Isnt Israel a sovereign nation that gets to decide what it does within its borders?

So was Iraq... Vietnam... Cambodia... Panama... Grenada... Pallestine... Sudan... Uganda...
Are you implying that Pallestine has no borders? Yes of course you are, ah but you see, you can decide what to do in your own borders right up until, like some of the examples above, a bigger country decides that your ill treatment and even wholesale slaughter of indegenous people has gone too damned far. Right up until those borders extend into international waters and other soverign nation's vessels, then it's an act of war. Israel was set up, this was a media stunt, sure, but Israel took the bait and fired on them like arrogant imbeciles. Israel is not so high on a pedestal that we can't smell their

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
From what ive been seeing there still isn't a response from the US gov but this is a clue as to what i might be in a few hours.

Is anyone shocked

link   
If Israel has attacked a Turkish shipload of civilians, leading to casualties, up to and including civilian deaths...

And if Turkey Officially acknowledges this attack as an attack against Turkey...

Turkey, as a member of NATO, could claim the the attack as an act of aggression, even as an act of war.

Even without an official UN sanction (likely to be vetoed by the US), Turkey could force the US to "choose sides" : either stand with a fellow NATO signator against a named aggressor, thus effectively abandonning its long-standing "special relationship" with Israel.

Or side with Israel, and demostrate to its NATO allies that the US cannot be relied upon to honor its treaty.

And that could lead to Russia gaining a new, and much firmer influencial foothold in the European community.

Perhaps, in the cold, hard stare of reality, Israel has served its purpose, vis-a-vis US geopolitical agendas, and it is now time to give a Gallic shrug to Tel Aviv, wishing them

"Bon Chance, C'est la Guerre".

link   

Originally posted by john124
WOW! I'm beginning to believe that Israeli propaganda services infiltrate this board.

Im suspecting that some of the "kill Israeli" and "hate Israel" posts may be reverse-propaganda staged by the Mossad. And then the antagonists of Israel chime in in agreement.

link   

reply to post by virgom129

The ship has expressed the intent to enter Israels borders and conduct activities it has been asked not to conduct.

No, the intent was to sail into Gazan waters, not Israeli waters.

Not difficult to see the agenda here: Lets weaken Israels national sovereignty under the guise of "humanitarian aid".

Israel does a good job of alienating themselves without the help of outside influences.

If Israel were opposed to humanitarian aid, how do the Billions of Dollars yearly flow to Palestine? And why does Israel itself provide aid?

$Billions? Can you provide the stats for that and where the money goes? Can you provide also the reason why essentials are blocked? Can you provide the reason why Israeli forces still target farmers trying to tend their fields - thus preventing Palestinians from producing the food to feed themselves and sell?

link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Look, your arguments make no sense at all. IDF illegally boarded the vessels in INTERNATIONAL WATERS. They boarded a sovereign vessel under Turkish flag. WTF? This is de facto an act of war. No spin can change that ...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pepesilvia

If a blockade boat got into the way of an ocean liner size vehicle in international waters, I'm not for sure because i am not a sailor but i think the bigger boat has the right of way.
Can any confirm?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Is there new footage from the ship? Turkish TV keeps showing a few shots of the ship in daylight.

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join