It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Boys Show US Government How to Clean Up Oil With Hay!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Southern Boys Show US Government How to Clean Up Oil With Hay!
this should be done right now!

CW Roberts employees demonstrating the use of hay to assist in a defense against the oil spill in the Gulf. This is the method that is included in the Walton County Plan of Action.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Good old American ingenuity.
BP, I hope your reading this.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
AWESOME! Get the goddamn government out of the way and let the people clean up this mess you and BP created!!!!!!!!!! Put people to work!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thats a good idea, but the only thing I see wrong with it is the massive amount of hay it would take to noticably work.

That was just a little oil he used and it took a 1/4 pound of hay. I just think the amount of hay needed to clean this up would be to big a task.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is already a topic about this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think this hay idea would work to well. When you spread hay all over the ocean, the waves and small currents separate the hay and spread it out really thin across the surface.

In the video example above, the bowl is holding the hay together and not letting it spread out. This higher density of hay causes the oil to get stuck between each piece of hay. However, when it is in the ocean, the density of hay decreases because it is spread out thinly by ocean waves, and not confined in a bowl. This makes it less effective than what you see in the video.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
LOL hay, I watched the same thing done on a Kids show probably about 15+ years ago.... I think it might have been "Totally Wild" (Auzzies will know what im talking about)
I thought of straw as soon as it happened, then though nah, there has to be better ways...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

I can't see the video, but I was thinking about this today. I used to manage a c store for years, and we always used kitty litter to soak up oil and gas spill on the lot, the last year I worked, I remember some new product that came out, you throw it down for just a few minutes and then sweep it up and the oil is gone, and you could re-use it, turned out it was made of mostly ground hay. BTW, it was a BP store so I suppose they already know about this stuff, unless they have no idea how the stores operate other than pump and sell gas.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
not really a solution ,what do you do with the hay afterwards? now you have oil soaked hay that oil will be hard to extract,you will have to incinerate it

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The only problem I see right now is the dispersants they are using has emulsified the oil so it is throughout the water colum...

And that is toxic, maybe worse than the oil. I have seen bales of hay on some beaches already. When is the hay harvest? Got to give it a shot!

new topics

top topics

join