It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii governor announces 'exact' place of Obama birth. No wonder there is confusion!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I did and I'm waiting for the solid evidence for you to provide that Obama has spent "millions" to hide the "truth." Just curious on what information (or disinformation) you're hearing and possibly giving out. And also very curious about what you consider as "proof."

Thanks !!!!!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

Really? How about you link me to one and show me what you are talking about so I can properly address it because quite frankly I am at a loss. I was confused but I was sure upon review you would realise your mistake. Apparently not so to be fair, I will admit it might be mine. Can you quote me or link to a post the leads you to ask me this question, please? Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

that one is significantly more creased than the one in the link I provided. That seems suspicious to me. Like they creased it afterwards to hide the fact that it had no creases to it.

edit: after taking a closer look, I conclude that the top crease was present, but slightly less so on my link as opposed to yours, and the bottom is new. Plus, there is no doubt the creases were exaggerated.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by filosophia]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

less creased than the one you provided. Meaning fact check got a brand new copy and it became creased after wards.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

In as much as the press release that the Hawaii Director of Health released never stated the hospital, you are correct.

As for the rest of this nonsense...this information has been available for a long time:

NOVEMBER 2008
Interview with then candidate Obama:
www.upi.com...

Obama described his birth at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children in Hawaii Aug. 4, 1961, to a young white woman from Kansas and a father of Luo ethnicity from Nyanza province in Kenya

Kapi'olani Medical Center is also mentioned here along with a retelling of his birth there and the name of the OB...JANUARY 2009
www.snopes.com...

The "EXACT" place of his birth has been known for while for anybody that cared for answers.

You should also take note that Linda Engle, the Gov of hawaii that you guys are implying is lieing...SHE CAMPAIGNED FOR MCCAIN. She is GOP through and through...

Do you think conspiring on behalf of Obama is just some twisted hobby of hers? Or is it possible she gives a crap about the truth and can't understand why some people don't?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been beat to death already, it's hard to keep up with all this.

For me, here are some weird issues-

1) Why so many names? Barey, Barrack, etc. Which was his name at birth, and why did he change, then change back? Regardless, that's shady in my books.

2) Why all the people that say he was born in Kenya, including family members and Gov officials? If it looks like a chicken, tastes like a chicken....

3) Why all of a sudden change the place/hospital he was born at? Was someone getting close to something and this is to throw everyone off the hot trail?

You can debate all you want about all these names the idiots give each other such as "birthers, truthers" etc., but in the end, anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that something is not right here, period.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So KJ, I'm guessing you think it's just a reference to heritage when Michelle Obama says Obama is a Kenyan, and that Kenya is the country of his birth. That by itself is nothing odd, I'm sure they're proud of it and it was a reason why he was so popular, but with the all Kenyan issue and this, I guess that explains this issue won't die But I also think this BC issue is designed to make the opposition furious. And if so, why would Obama make a joke about it himself at the white house correspondence dinner? Doesn't that just fuel the opposing side?

I've always been skeptical of the certificate of live birth, and I think this case is building slowly. Either by people who really are seeking the truth or a way of controlling Obama by dangling a threat and also getting the people worked up over it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

that one is significantly more creased than the one in the link I provided. That seems suspicious to me. Like they creased it afterwards to hide the fact that it had no creases to it.

edit: after taking a closer look, I conclude that the top crease was present, but slightly less so on my link as opposed to yours, and the bottom is new. Plus, there is no doubt the creases were exaggerated.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by filosophia]

Yeah that sums it all up right there. I still want to know how "birther" is an insult but I cannot think of anything more fitting.

Here is what you are saying.

No creases- fake!
Creases - Too creased -fake!
Oh wait I was wrong the first time - somehow, still fake!
Creases seem to have been folded more than once - fake!

I got it. No matter what, the evidence is bad. You would rather believe all of the .......?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The lie is that he spent millions in defens of THIS TOPIC.

You claim Obama has spent a large amount of money to cover up his birthplace. Just wondering if you have a legit source for that information.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
are you not responding? I would like to hear your opinions as to why the link with your BC is considerably more creased than the one I provided? I realize it could have gotten folded from one place to another, but it also could be intentionally folded because people speculated that it was not real since it was creased. And do you have a link of a different certificate of live birth that looks like Obamas?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

no, I'm saying it's obvious they over creased it after people speculated it was a fake with no creases. Which this is also the first time I heard that this was a NEW birth certificate since you are assuming he lost his original one because your mom lost yours. Can you provide me with someone's BC that looks like this one? I provided you with a link of a BC that looks different from this one.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Kj, if you really don't know why "birther" is an insult, then I'll call you a "faither" and we'll see if you get upset.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b197bd537dd4.jpg[/atsimg]
The Kapi'olani Medical Center

More than a year and half after Barack Obama was elected commander in chief, the governor of Hawaii is now publicly voicing the alleged exact location of Obama's birth, saying "the president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii." The disclosure is believed to be the first time a state government official has declared the precise place where Obama was born, despite numerous other published claims, including some for a different hospital in Honolulu.

"It's been an odd situation," Lingle said, referring to the continuing controversy over the disputed natural-born citizenship of Obama. "This issue kept coming up so much in the campaign, and again I think it's one of those issues that is simply a distraction from the more critical issues that are facing the country. "So I had my health director, who is a physician by background, go personally view the birth certificate in the birth records of the Department of Health, and we issued a news release at that time saying that the president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii. And that's just a fact and yet people continue to call up and e-mail and want to make it an issue and I think it's again a horrible distraction for the country by those people who continue this."

Although the governor now claims she issued a news release stating Kapi'olani is Obama's birthplace, the actual release said no such thing, making no reference to Kapi'olani nor any other specific location of Obama's birth.

More than one hospital?

An intriguing aspect to the story is that Kapi'olani is not the only Honolulu hospital touted as Obama's place of birth. Another facility, the Queen's Medical Center, has also been mentioned as the actual site in numerous publications, including United Press International and the online, myth-busting site Snopes.com.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1eae98369d0d.jpg[/atsimg]In this July 7, 2009, screenshot of Snopes.com highlighted by WND, the myth-busting website asserts President Obama was born at the Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu, not the Kapi'olani Medical Center in which Obama claims to have been born.

But within just 90 minutes of WND's report on the matter, Snopes swapped the location of the president's birth from the Queen's Medical Center to Kapi'olani, with UPI soon making the change as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/500863620cbb.jpg[/atsimg]Screenshot of same Snopes.com address on July 8. 2009, reveals Snopes swapped the location of President Obama's birth from Queen's Medical Center to the Kapi'olani Medical Center.

Source: www.wnd.com...

And so goes the Birther conspiracy. Read the rest to get even more invovled. One thing for sure, this issue ISN'T going away anytime soon AS the publice officials don't even know the whole story and/or truth.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by anon72]

So where is the birth cetificate? I'm not really a birther but the claim is made by some random doctor that he "saw" the certificate. Why not just have the damn thing published in the paper?

Still no evidence beyond anecdotal.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt

For me, here are some weird issues-

1) Why so many names? Barey, Barrack, etc. Which was his name at birth, and why did he change, then change back? Regardless, that's shady in my books.

Well maybe if your parents named you something like "Mohammed" and sent you to rural school in texas you would understand.

Not "so many names". He was born Barrack and used the name Barry for a while in his youth, likely to try and fit in. As he got older he felt more comfortable owning who he was and returned to his given name. Happens every day in this melting pot we call America.

2) Why all the people that say he was born in Kenya, including family members and Gov officials? If it looks like a chicken, tastes like a chicken....

You have been lied to and you believed it without checking the facts.

3) Why all of a sudden change the place/hospital he was born at? Was someone getting close to something and this is to throw everyone off the hot trail?

Again. See my post above. It has always been Kapolani medical Center.

Early on in an interview, his sister once said it was something like Queen Annes hospital (also in Hawaii), but corrected herself. We moved around a lot and I would bet none of my three sisters could name the hospital I was born at. Who cares.

Not sure you really wanted answers?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

The lie is that he spent millions in defens of THIS TOPIC.

You claim Obama has spent a large amount of money to cover up his birthplace. Just wondering if you have a legit source for that information.

Gorehound, I love you dear but you need to read that again. He said "the lie is". He's saying it's a lie Obama has spent millions defending himself from birthers. You've got to go back a bit to see where it comes up but that's what he meant.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My 2 cents... find your own truth. debate all you want. It seems to me that more than likely none of us where actually there when he was born, so there really is no way to find out for sure for our current reality. Truth and lies on both sides distort to the point of no return. If the USA wants to produce a birth certificate that says he was born here... they can. The have a really good printing press. If he really was born here, great. So what? He is in office for a reason. It seems that there are a lot of questions out there about this. Maybe that is the point... divide and conquer... "watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat", "Hey, look over there at all of that crazy stuff"...

I will never be able to know for sure, no matter what proof there is... my judgement on the issue has been permanently fogged over. Now I just want to live in the moment and let the universe take care of it... and as always, everyone has the free will to make the choice to think/feel/do whatever they want... bound by karma.

Peace and Paper Documents,

D

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
So where is the birth cetificate? I'm not really a birther but the claim is made by some random doctor that he "saw" the certificate. Why not just have the damn thing published in the paper?

Still no evidence beyond anecdotal.

Wow. At least birthers know when they are BSing.

Before you declare the evidence "anecdotal" research it.

The claim was not made by "some random doctor"...

Dr. Chiome Fukino is the director of the Hawaii Department of Health and Human Services, the office that retains, issues and VALIDATES birth records for Hawaii.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
OH THE SILLY RIGHT-WINGER CRY-BABIES. BOO-HOO-HOO.

The silly right-wingers will never stop being cry-babies over Obama being our President. He was born an American citizen, case closed. Stop being foolish and playing the kindergarton games.

After having that ignorant war-mongering, compassionless, economy-crashing, middle-class-hating, no-moral-fiber, corporate-giving-while-bleeding-the-country-dry monster President before him, I wouldnt care if Obama was born from another galaxy.

In addition, there is more sense, inteligence, and morals in a single finger-nail clipping of Obamas than in all of the being of the monster who was in office before him.

Grow up cry-babies, hes the President, and none of your silly conspiracies will change this fact.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Captain_Sense]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Notice how I didn't comment on where he was born. My comment and point were solely regarding the initial press release where she did not in fact state a hospital name. She lied in the article. That was my point, and the only thing I commented on.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The number of creases/folds on the paper is now a determining factor in a birth certificates authenticity?

Ladies and gentlemen the real experts have now entered the debate.

- Lee

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

And you were right...and I acknowledged that...the rest of my post was for the rest of the crew.

FYI - It would be splitting hairs to say I thought she got carried away and was "exaggerating" rather than lieing, but you have the right to call it a lie, since it was not the truth.

Edit to add: I had to listen to that schmucks podcast to hear her exact quote and confirm, because pigs will fly before I take WND seriously.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by maybereal11]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join