It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii governor announces 'exact' place of Obama birth. No wonder there is confusion!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b197bd537dd4.jpg[/atsimg]
The Kapi'olani Medical Center

More than a year and half after Barack Obama was elected commander in chief, the governor of Hawaii is now publicly voicing the alleged exact location of Obama's birth, saying "the president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii." The disclosure is believed to be the first time a state government official has declared the precise place where Obama was born, despite numerous other published claims, including some for a different hospital in Honolulu.

"It's been an odd situation," Lingle said, referring to the continuing controversy over the disputed natural-born citizenship of Obama. "This issue kept coming up so much in the campaign, and again I think it's one of those issues that is simply a distraction from the more critical issues that are facing the country. "So I had my health director, who is a physician by background, go personally view the birth certificate in the birth records of the Department of Health, and we issued a news release at that time saying that the president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii. And that's just a fact and yet people continue to call up and e-mail and want to make it an issue and I think it's again a horrible distraction for the country by those people who continue this."

Although the governor now claims she issued a news release stating Kapi'olani is Obama's birthplace, the actual release said no such thing, making no reference to Kapi'olani nor any other specific location of Obama's birth.

More than one hospital?

An intriguing aspect to the story is that Kapi'olani is not the only Honolulu hospital touted as Obama's place of birth. Another facility, the Queen's Medical Center, has also been mentioned as the actual site in numerous publications, including United Press International and the online, myth-busting site Snopes.com.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1eae98369d0d.jpg[/atsimg]In this July 7, 2009, screenshot of Snopes.com highlighted by WND, the myth-busting website asserts President Obama was born at the Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu, not the Kapi'olani Medical Center in which Obama claims to have been born.

But within just 90 minutes of WND's report on the matter, Snopes swapped the location of the president's birth from the Queen's Medical Center to Kapi'olani, with UPI soon making the change as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/500863620cbb.jpg[/atsimg]Screenshot of same Snopes.com address on July 8. 2009, reveals Snopes swapped the location of President Obama's birth from Queen's Medical Center to the Kapi'olani Medical Center.

Source: www.wnd.com...

And so goes the Birther conspiracy. Read the rest to get even more invovled. One thing for sure, this issue ISN'T going away anytime soon AS the publice officials don't even know the whole story and/or truth.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by anon72]

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

And so goes the Birther conspiracy.

Birthers have more legitimate claims than the truthers do. They have self admission from several people. Don't expect this to end it.

+13 more 
posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

"So I had my health director, who is a physician by background, go personally view the birth certificate in the birth records of the Department of Health, and we issued a news release at that time saying that the president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii."

That is a flat out lie. The news release does not say he was born at that or any hospital, it simply says that Hawaii has his birth certificate on record.

Press Release from 2008
Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Wait a second... is that even his original birth name as it would appear on his original birth certificate? I'm not trying to be funny, I seriously thought his birth name was something different. I just cant not recall where I got that from.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As God Fearing, Red Blooded, Americans ... We just need to see to it that he goes to AZ lickity split. Doesn't he need to meet with McCain soon?

Obama's destiny lies in AZ

[edit on 5·6·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I've been touting the discrepancy for quite some time in other threads. I have always liked the fact that Obama's own campaign website had originally listed his birth hospital as Queens. Until it was conveniently changed.

About.com still has it listed as Queens. Granted its not very reliable but the info came from somewhere.

Funny how something so clear cut and factual as ones birth hospital can be so controversial. I've always known which hospital I was born in.

Perhaps Queens Medical center was not on board with the story and the subsequent lies. Hey, did I say Queens Hospital... I actually meant to say Kapo Lani
Just a slip of the tongue...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Lets face it we got duped... we are now under the control of the Kenyan Master and there's nothing we can do about it...

Well.. there is something we can legally do about it... Vote Him Out... VHO.. 2012.... Remember it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If it can be proven that Snopes did in fact make that change, you have to wonder why. Is this just another attempt by those who hate Obama to smear him and make an issue out of a non-issue, or is there something more to it than meets the eye...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I've recently come to a point of no return on this matter.

I can't imagine it will EVER be resolved....EVER.

Professional liars on one side......"crazy truthers" on the other side.

The genius of Barry Soetoro's camp is that any opposition is always labeled Racism. As long as you can find enough force fields to hide behind, you can accomplish anything!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I could care less what color, shape, or dimension Barry is in. All the other choices for candidate were just as unappealing. What I do care about is transparency for one of the most important leadership roles on the planet.

Either he is legitimately a natural born citizen or he lied saying he was an Indonesian or Kenyen to get a free ride in college claiming foriegn status. There is a lot this Barry Soetoro aka Barack Hussein Obama does not want you to know. Its pretty simple.....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
According to the Gov, obamas birth '61 certificate reflects the name of a hospital that won't exist until '78.. I'm sure glad they cleared that up.. lol

Concerned about the welfare of Hawaii's mothers, Queen Kapi‘olani held luau and bazaars to raise the $8,000 needed to open Kapi‘olani Maternity Home in 1890. She endowed her legacy with “Kulia i ka nu‘u” or “Strive for the highest.”

In 1908, Albert and Emma Kauikeolani Wilcox donated $50,000 to start a children's hospital. The community, concerned that two of every seven infants in Hawai‘i did not live to see their first birthday, rallied to match the Wilcox's gift. A year later, Kauikeolani Children's Hospital opened.

The two hospitals joined in 1978 to become Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children

www.kapiolani.org...

In '61 the current medical center was two hospitals:
Kauikeolani Children's Hospital and Kapi‘olani Maternity Home.. neither of which is the birthplace of obama according to the Hawaii Gov:

"the president was, in fact, born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii."

Maybe the Gov knows what he wanted to say, but just has a bad case of athletes tongue from angrily shoving his foot in his mouth.. I'm sure this is all just another simple misunderstanding.. obamas alleged birth certificate actually reads "Kapi‘olani Maternity Home" or "Kauikeolani Children's Hospital" and the Gov is too stupid to articulate.. yeah, that's it... govt employess are too full of virtue and goodness to ever lie... heh

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Thats what I am saying. You just can't walk away from this one because it stinks of errors and deception.

Obama is making this worse by acting the way he is about it. Spending millions in atty fees for his defense. A little white lie has turned into a national Birther movement. Way to go Obama.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Nice find there!! I never knew that about Kapi Olani. That just serves to raise even more questions that even Obama can't answer. I wonder why he thought he was born in Queens hospital first???

Seems like the old maternity home would be the perfect place for an unwed pregnant teenager(Ann Dunham) to give birth to a mixed race child.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
has anyone ever asked where Obama was born and has he ever answered the question? Has he just answered Hawaii or a city?

Every single person knows what city they were born in and i am just wondering about this.

It appears we will never know the truth.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by GovtFlu

Thats what I am saying. You just can't walk away from this one because it stinks of errors and deception.

Obama is making this worse by acting the way he is about it. Spending millions in atty fees for his defense. A little white lie has turned into a national Birther movement. Way to go Obama.

You have been in enough of these birther threads by now to know what you just said is not only not backed up by any facts but has been proven to be a lie over and over and over again, yet here you are repeating it in a new thread about the same crap you have been harping on all this time.

If I were really worried about Obama being an American, you would be the last person I would trust since you knowingly continue to report known lies.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

And so goes the Birther conspiracy.

Birthers have more legitimate claims than the truthers do. They have self admission from several people. Don't expect this to end it.

Gee thanks, Chuck for your incredible insight. Got a link proving it, or are you just spouting off at the mouth?

I guess the self admissions of half the 9/11 commission, Sibel Edmonds, and a multitude of FBI, military, and counter-intelligence agents don't count.

Please refrain from spouting more useless BS out of your mouth.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I figured you would be along. Attack me and not the info in the report/article. Did you even read any of it?

Can you honestly say that the officals are the ones making this more complicated?

I don't see anyone suing World Net Daily or any other new agency reporting on this-for slander etc.

Try debating the facts and the story and don't worry who brought it to the boards.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I figured you would be along. Attack me and not the info in the report/article. Did you even read any of it?

I am attacking info. I am attacking the blatant lie you put into that last post. Interesting you not only cannot defend it, you pretend I am attacking you instead of it.

As far as the OP, what do you really want me to attack? A story was changed. It happens all the time. What does it prove? It proves someone got it wrong the first time. That happens. If you had anything of substance in your OP, I might have more to say about it.

I see no problem pointing out the fact that you are repeating a proven lie though. Why does it bother you? Just prove me wrong and move on, right?

Can you honestly say that the officals are the ones making this more complicated?

Um...no. I never have said that.

I don't see anyone suing World Net Daily or any other new agency reporting on this-for slander etc.

Maybe because you are not clear on the laws in the US when it comes to suing someone like WND for something like slander.

Try debating the facts and the story and don't worry who brought it to the boards.

I am. I am debating the fact that you just posted a known lie in support of your OP.
Prove me wrong.

What millions was spent defending what exactly?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I sent an email to the hospital asking them if they can confirm that Obama was indeed born in their hospital in 1961. I don't think they will respond but who knows, it's worth a try.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I figured you would be along.

Hmmmm. It only took seven minutes to get back to me all upset that I called you a liar. Why is it taking so much longer to prove what you posted is not a lie?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join