It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Taliban claim credit for failed NYC Times Square car bombing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

On this one I am skeptical, see when the disaster happen I thought it was and accident, but I also thought it was above the sea.

Now under water is another thing, the distance of the oil leaks is too far away from the surface I believe some 100 something I forgot.

This mean it will take a very sophisticated trained underwater crew to fix it?

So how can terrorist has access to this oil rigs and under water pipes with sophisticated equipment without raising suspicions with the coast guard.

I may be wrong and my entire view of the rig leak is no even close to what I have learn here and there.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Metropolitan Transportation Authority workers riding in the tunnel to pick up garbage spotted Aaron Fetto, 20, dressed in a hardhat, reflective vest and yellow,

Does one really go to such great lengths to commit suicide?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This mean it will take a very sophisticated trained underwater crew to fix it?

I see, I didn't know that, I also wondered if the recent earthquake activity may have played a role,

who knows, it's awful.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing that out also, yes the big earthquakes in the last year no only in Haiti but around the gulf.

If the pipes were old and unkempt that could be a big factor also.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
The point of terrorism is to terrorize - to scare people. Large amounts of casualties are not necessarily a requirement.

It's not even a requirement that it was theirs to begin with. Just that people believe it was them.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I dont believe them,and if it was some element of the taliban they're terribly inept. Lets see what the ensuing investigation turns up,you know all available resources will be allocated to this investigation. They'll tear that suv down to the finest of particles pursuing this thing.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The point I take from this video is not if the Taliban did this or not.

The point is that this video was posted before the incident.

It shows they knew something was about to happen in NYC.

[edit on 5/2/10 by makeitso]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks for bringing that out also, yes the big earthquakes in the last year no only in Haiti but around the gulf.

If the pipes were old and unkempt that could be a big factor also.

Undoubtedly

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
The point I take from this video is not if the Taliban did this or not.

The point is that this video was posted before the incident.

[edit on 5/2/10 by makeitso]

OH before, ?

I didn't notice, it was hard to watch.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Or the taliban attack will happen later, and this was a lone-wolf attack.

Unexploded car bomb in Times Square 'amateurish one-off' terrorism attempt

Janet Napolitano, the US Secretary of Homeland Security, said today that the unexploded car bomb found in Times Square in New York late yesterday appeared to be an "amateurish" terrorism attempt.

Ms Napolitano said that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Department of Homeland Security and the City of New York were examining security video from the area around the vehicle, a Nissan SUV, which was towed early on Sunday to a forensic lab in Queens after a robotic arm was used to break the windows and remove the most dangerous materials.

There was no information to suggest that there are any other terrorism targets linked to the incident and the evidence so far suggested that this was a "one-off attempt", Ms Napolitano told Fox News.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Djarums
The point of terrorism is to terrorize - to scare people. Large amounts of casualties are not necessarily a requirement.

It's not even a requirement that it was theirs to begin with. Just that people believe it was them.

That's true, I thought that myself.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

exactly. direct hit.
www.bloomberg.com...

Sardar Tariq Azizuddin, the country’s ambassador to Turkey, said people should question how the Taliban grew strong enough to take on NATO and U.S. forces.

“What is the source of Taliban funding and what is the source of their weapons supply?” Azizuddin said in an interview with Turkish media, the state-run Associated Press of Pakistan reported yesterday. “Nobody either talks about it or wants to talk about it.”

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

There was no information to suggest that there are any other terrorism targets linked to the incident and the evidence so far suggested that this was a "one-off attempt", Ms Napolitano told Fox News.

I always have to wonder about these statement, are they to appease us,

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

The Opium trade?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think the main issue is when are the terrorist going to nuke New york... Why how come? Because lately that's all they have been targeting. I'm sure all members of ATS can agree that major terrorist plots within New York have been derailed or foiled by our government and intelligence. (also depends if you think our gov is responsible). That being said we can presume that Nukes will more then likely hit NY first and foremost. Ontop of that I have a small bank of information about terrorist plots that has been foiled before 9-11. One of the plot was to blow up a nuke plant. somewhere around ohio michigan border. IDK exactly. Anyways they were sniped.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just thought I would add this, because there seems to be a pattern,

Pittsburgh Marathon Course Altered by Bomb Scare

www.google.com...

One officer at the scene said that the device was a microwave with a pipe bomb inside. The microwave was in a white box near the entrance of the building.

However, Police Chief Nate Harper would only confirm that there were suspicious contents inside the microwave.

[edit on 013131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I think perilous times are approaching,

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
oops I spelled wrong.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Now to make sure the terrorist take credit video is not correlated with the oil platform disaster, the video is immediately correlated with the NYC Times Square "bomb" scare.

I believe we may be the audience of an extremely huge propaganda game going on here.

OH well that's a thought, I guess I have to go watch the video again,

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just a quick question for most of you.

What are the chances that Islamic fundamentalists actually have and continue to try to carry out attacks against the "West?"

According to most people here, very low. I mean why should I trust thousands of experts from fields such as national security, international relations, middle eastern culture, the military and many many more.

These people have invested their life's work into understanding their field in order to provide information to the public. It is a much safer bet to believe whatever under-educated, random people who go by internet usernames say. I mean you are all experts in terrorism, politics, global economics and a whole range of other issues, right? Thats why you spend all the time in the world on ATS providing "proof" instead of being able to make a change in the world or influence the actual information and decision making process of our governments.

All you morons saying "this is definitely CIA, FBI, ect" need to stfu imo. I would be open to the fact that our own government is carrying out attacks on its own citizens, that is, if it wasn't for your unfounded blabbering that displays just how G-D out of your element you are. If you are going to make ludicrous claims, try conducting some serious research and not just regurgitating the same speculative and unfounded sh# you heard third hand through the internet.

The way you present your arguments and "evidence" tends to push intelligent and scholarly individuals away from your "side", because as much as you may not want to believe it, a majority of you come off as ignorant and childish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join