It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flying Brick video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This was filmed during an Episode of a ghost hunting program called "Ghost Adventures" there is no film crew, no sound man, it's just 3 friends locked into a supposed haunted location from dusk till dawn, this is one of the most compelling pieces of evidence they have found. No mediums, no Oujia boards, just cold hard evidence in forms of EVP, video, and EMF

Full Video of Brick

Analysis of the Video

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Haydn_17]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

You've got to wonder why a light is focused on the brick before it moves. Coincidence, luck or premeditated hoax?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
LMAO

I couldn't help but laugh
at this.

He clearly claims that he is not scared
of this entity. Yet when the brick flies
across the room, he runs like a wuss.

whether or not it's real is irrelevant,
it's entertainment value is far
superior than it's factual one.

nice find

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm immediately suspicious of any video that adds sound effects to the supernatural parts. And the running away part was way too "Blair Witch Project" for my liking.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If you look close, you can see the string.

I mean really, thousands of ghost searches and nothing but EVP if lucky and these clowns run into a flying brick? HAHA

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
two camera men walk into a room, then both at the same time point there cameras at the bottom corner, at the exact time as this brick goes flying. (instead of panning around the room or looking in separate directions, they both go immediately to this benign corner just in time, seems fishy to me)

I'm calling bs on this. these shows have to fake this kind of stuff otherwise they get no footage at all, and their show gets canceled.

gotta say tho, the "we have no fear of you" thing was pretty funny.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Did you watch the analysis? Is is some form of super string to pull a brick at that velocity? It acceleration was massive.

And for people calling them a wuss, nothing and i mean nothing could prepare you if you walked into a room and a brick flew across the room.

I can guarantee you would all scream and run away

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't believe this was pulled on a string. Especially during the analysis, you can see how the entire brick seems to hover before it launchs across the room. I would think a brick attached to a string would yield results of only one end of the brick lifting and evidence of almost a dragging before the launch.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I agree with you this doesnt seem like its fake at all and so what if both flashlights are in that direction at the same time does that never happen? when most people walk together there flashlights are pointed in the same place, infront of them at the ground.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"We think you're not a very nice spirit! Be we have absolutely no fear of you!"

Two seconds later...

"Y-Y-You want to go in there first?"

Followed by bloodcurdling screams of terror... LOLOL

Why do all these "ghost hunters" on TV come across as utterly GAY? What "spirit" would be intimidated by a group of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" ghost hunters?

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

It seems nobody can convince themselves its fake so you start insulting the presenters.

I would of screamed like a girl if a brick went flying

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ok so first off I find it pretty annoying how these guys are strolling around shouting "we don't fear you” and all that crap, I think if you’re going to do something like that the least you can do is show some respect for whatever may be there but that's just my opinion.

Secondly his reaction when the "brick got thrown" was nothing short of comedy gold!

Although I can't help thinking he went in there asking for something to happen and when he got it he ran away screaming.

Maybe a new profession is in order?

Anyway I have to admit though it is a pretty nice video and thanks for adding the analysis video as well as that was really interesting and I have to say it's pretty convincing especially since after repeatedly stopping and replaying the video to me it looks like the brick is flying almost straight up at first and then off into another direction at great speed which to me would rule out the pulling of a string being involved..

Also the analysis video pretty much answers anything else I would have thought of.

So nice video and thanks for posting.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Good Lord! I got orange juice all over my Monitor!!! I think ATS is liable, for a 120Hz 22" Sanyo Monitor meant for 3D nVision!

Sry, man, but I couldn't help but burst out laughing. It's not very often that happens from an ATS thread, so S&F to you for brightening someone's day.

Keeper

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There was another thread on this I tried bumping but no one replied.

I think Ghost Adventures (if any) seem the most real. The main guy Zack i think seems pretty legit. He has also tried to like damn himself by like doing curses and things of that nature.

Obviously can't say for 100% sure but I would guess this show seems the most legit out of all of them that are on the travel channel or whatever it is on.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Great video. The propulsion of the brick leaves this in my legit pile, although I have one of those little nagging thoughts at the back of my mind telling me that if someone was to fake this, they'd use a foam brick, but that reaction was one of the best I've heard, so I'm doubting it was faked this time.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
First off this is the first episode/film from Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel every friday night. Secondly this particular film has been (the original) has been combed over and NO it is not a string. Any YT pseudo analysis has been digitally altered to show a string.The trajectory does not lend itself to an object pulled by a string. While this maybe an "entertainment" show as many will point out here, damn near every month this team holds open houses at various famous haunted locations around the country with varied results. It is just those 3 that lockdown and film for 12 hours. They use provocation as a norm to call out paranormal activity. Ghost Adventures clips To some it is annoying because it seems like it is a jock being a d-bag to provoke and make fun but it does produce results as they regularly show EVP and film captures realtime during the lockdown instead of waiting until the end.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by djvexd]

[edit on 1-5-2010 by djvexd]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't believe ghost stories, or ghost related stories. not yet at least.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
It seems nobody can convince themselves its fake so you start insulting the presenters.

No, I generally insult these self-styled ghost hunters because they're utterly laughable, and there's no doubt in my mind that they're fake. This particular video is styled exactly like the old Spanish and South American shock videos from a few years ago, which depict a half-minute or so of build-up, a nanosecond of "paranormal activity", followed by several seconds of bloodcurdling screams and frantic retreat.

Here are a couple of examples:

As you can see, it's the exact same style of presentation as the "flying brick" video above — a video that proves nothing for any clear-headed observer.

My guess is that this American version is based on the old Español versions. A "copy-cat" shock video, nothing more.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

So you can't debunk the footage they bring so it is time for character assasination DV? You may not like the methods that they use, so let's call them hoaxers all together, screw the footage. Nice. When was the last time you investigated a reportedly haunted location? 3 weeks ago here.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
When was the last time you investigated a reportedly haunted location? 3 weeks ago here.

The last time I actually went on site for an overnight investigation was in 1985, in Bryan College Station, Texas — there were 6 of us from Texas A&M University, armed with conventional and Starlight photographic equipment, electromagnetic sensing gear, as well as a lot of audio gear for possible EVP incidents.

This was in 1985... when most of you were probably still swimming around in your dads' testicles.

The location was a massive 4-story New Gothic complex that had been employed for decades as an asylum for the insane. Prior to that, the building was a Civil-war era military academy. The setting was so damned fearsome that it blew away any of the ghost-hunting locales you see on TV today.

The place was reportedly so haunted that even the police wouldn't investigate the bizarre noises and weird lights seen drifting through the structure. We stayed there one full night, dusk to dawn. Lot of time-lapse photography (both interior and exterior) revealed nothing. Hours long audio recordings revealed nothing.

And yet, two of our crew were perpetually frightened out of their wits for no obvious reason, aside from their preconceived notions and hypersensitivity. They expected to be frightened, so they were.

The rest of us remained as cold and scientific as we would be in a chemistry lab. We experienced nothing, no fear, no apprehension.

We started our various investigations as part of a year-long psychology study at A&M, and we had investigated several other "haunted" sites around East Texas before that, and never encountered anything that couldn't be explained logically. However, the psychological data gained was quite interesting, if not valuable.

So, when I see these rank amateurs on television — who are no more qualified to investigate a haunted house than they are qualified to perform brain surgery — I laugh my ass off. Every one of those bozos are there to be frightened (or pretend to be frightened) in order to produce a "product" — namely, a 45-minute telivision program that merely entertains but provides no conclusive evidence of ANYTHING.

Now, how much "conclusive evidence" have you amassed, and can the testing be repeated in a scientific manner to provide the same results, time after time?

I didn't think so.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join