It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Laser Aims to Create Star on Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

I was thinking more along the lines of a solar-hydrogen hybrid.

Here is an article about a motorcycle that runs on magnets, curtsy of Japan.

www.topspeed.com...

The magnetism is a whole different level that can very possibly out-due Hydrogen.

I'm glad you get to see some of the Tech the U.S. Corporate gov. has, I am truly jealous.

They have some nice toys.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Once again like the CERN project, many of you here do not understand the science involved in these projects; and neither do the ones posting about them. Please take the time to read the link in my post above, I believe it will give you a much better understanding of this form of technology.

People need to stop "FEAR MONGERING" about scientific technology that they do not understand.

Respectfully

MolecularPHD

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I too believe that magnets will play a huge role in the future of clean renewable energy. Currently thought just like the cycle in the video, they need a power source to create the electromagnetic properties needed to achieve torque. I have seen a much better electromagnetic energy device that utilizes a form of the Hutchinson Effect; along with a fused crystal energy source that creates the energy needed for torque.

I am hoping this year to gain the funding to finish the technology I am currently working on; that utilizes a process of pulse resonating frequencies to produce large quantities of hydrogen on demand from deuterium oxide. The device would be small enough to install on your current gasoline or diesel engine along with slight modifications to your air induction system to have a clean power source to run any combustion style engine.

Respectfully

MolecularPHD

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am calling the story bull #, I believe if there really is a laser the size of 3 footbal fields (which I have no doubt there is) then this is to be used as a weapon. My gut feeling is that the LHC, HAARP and stations like HAAP dotted around the world is part of something much bigger than we can comprehend at this time.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Am I the only one who thinks this might have some serious problems? A star on earth..... Shouldn’t we study our sun more first instead of making stars on our planet?

You know...just the other day I was looking at the beautiful Earth and thinking...hmmm....something is missing.

After pondering for awhile it hit me....THAT'S IT....a blazing hot star...that is exactly what we need. Why should "space" get all the stars...we are just as good as "space".

But yeah...I'm not so sure they thought this one all the way through (see sig).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yeah, there may be Hidden energy technology that may not be seen by most also.

Free energy creates free people, and then the people think freely, which is not in the NWO agenda.

Perhaps funding is right around the corner, once the red (debt) and black (credit) ledger even out from the 3T bailout.

It is supposed to even out every couple of years, Jubilee, but the U.S. corp lets it run perpetually to collapse countries and starve people.

Anyways, thanks for the info, I find it helpful

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am sincerely concerned at the level of intelligence of many ATS members; where do so many uneducated people come from? The OP on this article is miss representing the facts. Please Please people do your own research and quite believing the ramblings of obviously uneducated writers.

If you want to learn about this technology simply do a google search of SUN-Labs Inc. this post is not representing the true technology or science involved.

Respectfully

MolceularPHD

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hmm. Creating a Mini-Sun sounds familiar......

Doc Ock's Fusion Machine

Too bad we have no Spiderman to save us.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I too would like to see some numbers. How much energy does this giant laser(s) require to operate? How much energy will be required for the not-yet-existing process to extract the fuel from seawater? Then there is the price, how much does all of this equipment cost, not even counting the R&D?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
First off, what are they going to use for fuel?

Next where are they going to get the gravity?

Then how do you think a laser is going to be responsible is beyond me!

Sorry if we can't control a fission reaction, no man made sun with a laser is happening anytime soon!

Sorry!

If it was so easy why did they spend billions on the LHC?

To smash particles!

PARTICLES!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Does anyone else see this to be a huge waste of time and money?

I mean come on there are so many other energy technologies, why even try to make a sun, there is the possibility something bad happens.

This is article is saying to me, "Lets make a black hole," people these days don't think things through.

Just my thoughts, good find

There is the possibility of something bad happening for most alternative fuel sources, but I say they're equally as worth it, inevitably, if we want to travel in deep space, we're going to need to utilise all the energy we can get, and this would be a fantastic way.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

All they are trying to accomplish is a fusion type of reaction which can be replicated with nuclear power.

But even then Nuclear power is not needed.

Deep space travel is a different topic all together and I'm sure some of the reversed Alien technology the government has can fix some of those problems.

I just find trying to create a mini-star very cool, but a complete waste of time.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

As the OP, I am only restating the most accessible facts as they are being presented to the general, uneducated public. My statements are based primarily on the linked article and my original post want meant to be as much about the presentation of this information as the information itself.

To me, there are several questions that go unanswered, that you can perhaps clarify.

It seems (based on the linked article) that while the fusion reaction to generate energy in the form of heat would only be harnessed to create electricity via a turbine power plant like our current fission based nuclear facilities. Is this correct? If not, what kind of yield could one expect from a more direct harnessing of fusion? If it is correct, what kind of true efficiency gains are we yielding?

Would each facility require a billion dollar three football field laser for operational purposes or would a centralized facility be manufacturing these fusion reactor cores (portable "suns", to use the parlance of the linked article) for transport to reactors.

With large scale access to the primary fuel source cited in the article being theoretical and/or grossly uneconomical, how much research is going in to the improvement of these processes?

Furthermore, my original post was also about the weird style of presentation of the article to the general population (this is, after all, a conspiracy site rather than a pure science site). What reason do you think the MSM has for presenting this material with such panic inducing language and in a way that leaves the questions above?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The term "Doomsday device" comes to mind.

So does the notion that scientists are trying to play gods, and will annihilate us all while doing it. That being said, if it can give us free energy...meh, I still say it's a retarded idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm sure there will be some amazing finds after the experiment goes off. Calling it a star is not really right as there is not enough gravity involved.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
From a strict energy creation standpoint, we are looking at a 2 Billion dollar proof-of-concept that only proves the possibility of one tiny element of the overall concept.

What else can be accomplished by the creation of a "Star on Earth"?

Start small. Then make things bigger. If it works ina small stage then it will work as a bigger stage. Sometimesyou have to work through the process of learning, researching, predicting, and completing. Baby steps lead to big things.

I honestly believe this experiment is worth $2 billion.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
COOOOOL!

Kinda reminds me of the movie "Chain Reaction".

The energy this could create is immense! One huge surge of energy from a blast off the old Uber-laser and as long as you keep feeding it fuel (hydrogen?), it'll keep on burning away.

It should be perfectly safe. All you would need to do is cut off the fuel supply. I can't really see it setting the atmosphere on fire either, as I would imagine it's only about as hot as a nuclear explosion, which we know does not ignite the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I am well aware of the overall scientific research and development process. I am not questioning the fact that this research has value.

My question centers on whether or not it represents the best value. If I could get a guarantee that this research will be followed through to maximum efficiency and viability, then I would be all for it. I would say we should put more money into it, dedicate massive Fat Man and Little Boy level resources to turn this into a viable energy source.

As it stands, it seems to be the newest cycle where a new technology is lauded then demonized (often simultaneously); researched, developed, brought to the brink of solving the world's energy concerns, then eventually abandoned for a shiny new toy.

I just can't help but think that 2 billion dollars focused on technology that is further along in its development would be a more efficient use of funds. All the more so when we consider that we are working on a relatively short time frame.

We need a practical answer to world energy consumption in the next 15-20 years. This does not appear capable of meeting that deadline.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Forgive my ignorance here, but are they saying the reaction is going to be self sustaining?

I mean, it's going to take massive, massive amounts of energy to create the 'star' via power to the laser, then what? Where does the fuel come from after that?

If they intend to feed it Hydrogen, they are going to need it in absolutely massive amounts, to sustain a fusion 'star' aren't they?

Are they saying the reaction will power the extraction of Hydrogen from water?

Isn't that kind of talk spat upon by mainstream science? (Overunity)

If not, where's the energy coming from to make the fuel to feed it?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
How is this great news?
We already have a huge star called The Sun, blessing us with its energy for all for free.
Now some corporate scientists want to recreate the same thing and certainly charge you for using the same energy that is free?
Awesome news heh? It's like creating AIR and then sell it to you! Outrageous.

We should focus on harnesting the sun's energy more efficiently before going into silly and greedy adventures.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join