It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Since there is such vehement denial of "being wrong" about this, I am left with one last theory.

I honestly think they are just trolling now. For points or attention. Whatever.

There is no way an open minded person can be this stubborn and resist all attempts to show them the truth.

It has to be blatant trolling; as any person with common sense would have admitted a SIMPLE ERROR by now.

The whole time shift theory is just a way to say "NO IM NEVER WRONG".

Well Snowi and your 100 buddies, I guess since you are NEVER wrong I will stop even bothering to discuss it with you.

Also I guess that means you are superior to me. Not only are you from another time line but you are NEVER WRONG either.

I must be a lesser sub-species of human because I am actually wrong about things quite often. At least I can admit that and own up to it.

Thats why you have to be trolling just to make people mad.

You refuse at every turn to admit you are wrong.

Well I don't care anymore. Think whatever you want.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Its called the BRAIN does not remember information well at all. You are just getting confused.

There have been times where I thought a city or state was in a different place. GUESS WHAT -- I was wrong. No time line #, no nothing- just plainly forgot.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

hi - do you remember EXACTLY what your teacher told you re the " its 27 miles "

one POSSIBLE defence MIGHT be that they were refering not to the minimum distance - peasured linearly - but the " shipping / ferry journey "

i cannot find a graphic - but due to the strits of dover being one og the busies shipping lanes in the world , to cross them safely - cross channel ferries etc navigate a " Z " route if you can imagine that

they dont just sail in a stright line from the breakwater at dover , aiming for the calais harbour entrance

as i was not in your class - i am not claiming its what that teacher meant - but its true - and might make sense if you miss understood exactly what they were telling you

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ok you win. You are right and the timeline shifters are wrong.

They are closed minded for not seeing the truth and you are open minded for not considering such theories as alternate timelines.

Those idiot quantum mechanics scientists are just a bunch of closed minded fools as well. We all know that Newtonian physics is the absolute and only truth and that this reality is exactly what can be experienced with the 5 senses and nothing more!

Congrats! Now you can move on to other threads and leave these miserable closed-minded fools to their own delusions!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

sigh - if you had actually bothered to read skeptics replies instead of having a hissy fit - you would see that few poeople actually oppose the CONCEPT of multiple dimensions

its your insistance that a different dimension will produce an island that is identical , in a different place , with no changes - not even the name - and your alleged memories do not extend to the mind boggling differences that such a change would wreak

that is why we deride you - because your claims are assanine - take that as an insult

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

sigh - if you had actually bothered to read skeptics replies instead of having a hissy fit - you would see that few poeople actually oppose the CONCEPT of multiple dimensions

its your insistance that a different dimension will produce an island that is identical , in a different place , with no changes - not even the name - and your alleged memories do not extend to the mind boggling differences that such a change would wreak

that is why we deride you - because your claims are assanine - take that as an insult

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

My point was I had a recollection of being told it was 27 miles. But that it is incorrect, because it is 21 miles.

So I can take from this is either:

I heard wrong, I was not paying attention to what was being said or the teacher was in fact mistaken.

The simple answer is no, I do not recall exactly what I was told.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
OK guys lets take a moment and REFLECT on which scenario sounds more LOGICAL.

1. A "timeline shift" (an unproven, illogical theory based on faith BTW) has occurred, thus the reason for Australia and New Zealand's seemingly "strange" location on the map.

Or Option two

2. Your Mind/ memory "remembers" something a little different than how it is in actuality. Now lets keep in mind, this is the human brain we're talking about, the one that forgets where you placed your car keys 5 minutes ago, the one that forgets where you parked your car outside the store etc.

Now weighing the two options, which sounds more logical? Honestly.

People would rather buy into some bogus theory than admit the fact that their memory cannot be trusted. Why? because if you can't even trust your own memory, then who can you trust?

This is why we have people who are willing to believe all kinds of outrageous things.

Couple this with the suggestions of other people and mass hallucinations, and well, you get what we have here today.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

These are good points and I wasn't talking to the people that have actual USEFUL comments and theories about what is happening. If you look at the comments of the people I have replied to you will see that they add nothing to the discussion and consist of, at the most basic level, calling people morons.

As far as having a "hissy fit," quite the contrary, I'm happy for the useless comments by these people as it puts this thread at nearly the top of the charts. Ironic how they say the thread is completely useless and a waste of time yet it's now one of the most popular due to said comments.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This................... Is....................... Ridiculous.

Not the fact that australia has moved.
Not the fact that the OP in the first topic is a nutter

But..... The fact that either way, Whatever you think... there will be no way to prove that it has 'moved'

Because technically it hasn't moved, its (always) been there.

This really needs to stop.. Everyone needs to stop talking about out.

And for the record. I am one of the people that can remember australia being completely isolated, miles away from where it is on the map now; I had a world map poster on my wall, and can remember in clarity where it was.

Maybe its parralell unversis, Maybe its histeria. But it cant be proved, The ones who beleive its always been where it is on the map arent gonna change there mind.

So just blooooody stop it!!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I am just curious about something regarding this...

Are there ANY Australians or Kiwi's that think as the OP does?

Well I actually lived in Australia when I was young and I am one of those that thought New Zealand is in the wrong place and that Australia is too near Papua New Guinea from what I remember.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by keldas

Well I actually lived in Australia when I was young and I am one of those that thought New Zealand is in the wrong place and that Australia is too near Papua New Guinea from what I remember.

And if you where to call yourself an Australien we would have 6 from
"The Land Down Under" on the "List"

btw...you where already on the list Keldas...but i didn't know you used to live in Australia.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Why do we need to stop talking about it? Is it illegal to discuss various views of the world and new ideas?

Just because it cannot be proven either way it doesn't detract from the fact that it is something a lot of people relate to. Why all the hysteria and drama? I thought these were forums....hence where people TALK about stuff. The people that are vehemently against this will continue to call people names and talk down to them but some people actually come up with good thought-provoking ideas.

I guess I don't understand the problem in talking about a subject such as this. Some people think these people are nuts...ok.
Some people think it's real....ok.

What's the big deal here? If you don't like it and this thread is making you angry maybe you need to go do some deep breathing exercises or something.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi

Originally posted by keldas

And if you where to call yourself an Australien we would have 6 from
"The Land Down Under" on the "List"

btw...you where already on the list Keldas...but i didn't know you used to live in Australia.

Well to be honest I only lived there for a year, we had emmigrated from the UK but due to a family illness we came back a year later. However it was due to living in Australia that I have always kept in touch with friends out there and looked at it quite often on a map.

I can really only say that I became aware that New Zealand and Australia were out of place in my memory of where they should be on a map when I saw the original thread. I thought it was so stupid and looked at a map ready to debunk it and I could not believe that everything appeared to be in a different location.

The strange thing is my father has a different memory to me.

It really has nothing to do with finding an old map or poor geography skills or even poor memory, there is something else at play here. I am just dsappointed at the amount of closed minds on ATS you would have thought that people attracted to these forums would at least have an open mind prepared to consider other aspects of reality.

If people find these discussions so offensive then instead of calling hoax and trashing the thread why not move on to other discussions and leave those that they believe to be deluded alone to try and thrash out what has been going on that a number of us have had a similar experience.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by keldas]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Bwah! I always recognize it, when I'm shown I'm wrong! OK, I just lied, maybe 95% on the spot, and 5% a bit later...
But this time shift thing... I've already posted on some other threads regarding this subject That for a few years, we were experiencing strange phenomenas related to time. Here's the list:

Dead Celebrities: I'll only name two A) Leonard Nimoy and Brian Dennehy.

Time Dilatation: Every three months, we had to reset our computer time by 15 minutes. It was the same with electric and battery powered clocks. Ditto with our watches. How could we know? The time displayed on the television by a news channel, distant only from a few miles from home.

Geographical Dislocation: Every Joe opposed to this idea say it would be impossible for land masses to be spatially moved and remain the same. Can we see there work, calculi, hypothesis or theories proving THEIR claim? I don't mind being shown I'm wrong, because it is an opportunity for me to learn something valuable. So, like it or not, some people remembered, at the same time, from different cultures, nationalities and countries, the same event. A new mind sickness, mebbe? Or a seemingly new event in the history of mankind? Who knows, it may be cyclical... Don't the Aborigines from AUSTRALIA talk of a period of DREAM TIME?...

As I said in my previous post on this thread, there is ONE individual in my entourage who, since A & NZ's dislocation, has shown a totally new aspect of personality that is quite opposite to what he was before... And he doesn't know about this story.
And recently, as said before, the pope, for us, has been so for two and a half year. Here, it seems to be 5 years! And the day we heard the news, our daughter of 12, when coming back from school at the end of the day told us the following: "When I got to school this morning and saw my friends A and B, I asked them what they had changed about themselves. And they thought I looked different too." She didn't know about the pope. What should we be thinking now?!? Seriously, aside from the ridicule?
It freaks my wife but not me. But I keep wondering about what is going on.

One thing we should look out for is the world state and events that go on when we feel a shift has passed. And what is the outcome, versus what was mostly expected to happen. We should keep a sort of log of these events between all of us, and update as time "goes by"...

Well, that's it for me for now,

See you everyone! May we shift toward peacefulness!

Aresh

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

Could this have anything to do with the Maori Elder woman's prophecy concerning the land mass shift of New Zealand? There are several threads on ATS about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com... =Search&siteurl=www.abovetopsecret.com%2Fforum%2Fhome-burp.php#858

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit

And recently, as said before, the pope, for us, has been so for two and a half year. Here, it seems to be 5 years!

I agree...Pope Benedict XVI have been pope for 2-3 years not 5...Strange...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Pope John Paul died in early April of 2005. I know this because this was the exact month I moved house (I moved a lot my entire life, so I HAVE to keep the dates right for job applications and things of that nature). I was in a service station in the south of England while we were driving up to Scotland, and the news of the Popes death was on the TV there.

I've mentioned this whole timeline thing to my friends, and only one in America notices any change and he is of the belief that the timeline thing is genuine. I'm interested how my friends down under relate to this, but I can almost garauntee they won't notice any change, because there hasn't been any change.

This theory would hold one hundred times more weight if long dead relatives started popping up across the globe, alive and well, which in the instance of a timeline shift seems far more likely to me than an entire land mass being in a different position.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz
reply to post by Snowi

Could this have anything to do with the Maori Elder woman's prophecy concerning the land mass shift of New Zealand? There are several threads on ATS about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com... =Search&siteurl=www.abovetopsecret.com%2Fforum%2Fhome-burp.php#858

Possible... 15 August 2009 could very likely be the day it all changed.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

you can count me and my friend cameron.

before i showed him the info i asked him if he knew exactly where australia was, he said yes, and it was the same as what keeps getting said here.

i was a total geek about the animals in australia, i'd really like to look at an edition of the atlas from my time in elementary and middle school.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join