It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ancient alien series on the History channel tonight..Why now?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis

Originally posted by Harte
Conventional scientists are not going to respond to a television program on the History Channel.

That is precisely why you will never see any of these so-called "Ancient Astronaut" theories in any scientific journal.
That would elicit a response from conventional scientists, and that is exactly what these proponents of this idiocy do not want.

Harte

Actually, you're wrong about that. Just last month in the "Archeology Today" Magazine there was an article refuting the History Channel's show about the Templar Knights in the US. The article specifically discounted (de-bunked) the Kensington Runestone.
just so you know....

Anamnesis,

Thanks for the heads-up. Not being a subscriber (though I check their online content fairly often) I don't have access to it.

If anyone's interested, there is a discussion about this article at another message board.

Some quotes from the article itself (instead of the teaser about it, which can be found at Archaeology.org) have been put into that discussion.

Also, let me say that, IIRC, Archaeology magazine is not a scientific journal in the sense that it is not a peer-review journal.
Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

Harte

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Ya... you're right... it's not a Journal and no peer reviews. The Kensington Stone subject matter is a little bit less "out there" too.. *S*.

...and you're also right about the fact that "Ancient Alien" theories don't appear in peer reviewed science journals as well.

I think this type of thing is becoming more mainstream though... eventually... maybe someone will develop a theory for peer review... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hopefully if this Ancient Aliens series gets high ratings they bring back Bill Birnes and the UFO Hunters.

Anyone have any idea what the ratings are so far on these?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Heads up for anyone watching this series - The next episode Closer Encounters will air on the 18th of this month (not the 11th) in case anyone is curious.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I watched the most recent episode just last night. Holy smokes, the claims some of the interviewees make were astounding. Mary, Jesus's mother, was artificially inseminated was the one that made me hit the rewind button on my DVR. The bit about Oak Island in Nova Scotia, Canada was interesting especially the bit about the Ark of the Covenant holding an ET device. I'm not sure I am ready to abandon my basic Catholic beliefs, but it still makes for good thoughts after the program ended.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i am eagerly awaiting the return of this series .

there are certain days that i watch the tv and listen to the news that i find it hard to beleieve that there isnt a ufo cover up going on so many people have either been observing human tech that is so advanced they are afraid to tell us and or that there is def a visitation going down.

we are so small in our ability to understand and problem solve most non beleivers simply base there conclusions on our science what if light speed space and time are just not relevant to space travel it may be very easy to go huge distances without breaking our meager laws of physics they arent laws more like limitations.

the aliens of the universe may be watching us like humans watch ants the ants great society is only an illusion and to us is truly inane with no real problem solving skills or understanding of there place in the universe.

ahh the ants a truly great species

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Nothing like a shameless threadbump, eh 3S?

Boosting ratings - maybe your taking a few lessons from the History Channel!

The series was decent entertainment but pretty much old hat to those that have been eating this stuff up for decades already. Still, interesting to watch with a bit of tongue-in-cheek while doing so...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

yea shameless i am but i do think there is a media burst happening for some reason i really do not beleive that there is a media conspiracy but rather a general awareness that is surfacing wich has removed the stigma we all grew up with

i beleive that by years end we will see either our government conceading it was their tech weve been seeing or that there is an anomoly and we are all not in nee of meds.

keep goin little thread dont die on me we ve been through so much

3s i rather dig that thanks for the new sig.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join