It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ancient alien series on the History channel tonight..Why now?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

i do not understand why people are into proving there are no aliens kinda backs up the slow disclosure theory. We are so afraid we just cannot beleive until an ET pinches us and says hey .

To Bad

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

i do not understand why people are into proving there are no aliens kinda backs up the slow disclosure theory. We are so afraid we just cannot beleive until an ET pinches us and says hey .

To Bad

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am loving the series. I am gobbling it up. I think now is a great time to bring this type of show to light. It show cases a lot of great men, women, and research that don't get much press. I would rather watch this type of programming than the daily soaps or shows that cover the hollywood elites.

In the past, intellectuals would make fun of religous people or classify tribes as uneducated. Now, our scientist are starting to come back around and support religion and tribal traditions. If you accept that the Gods of the past are aliens. Then you will eventually have to accept that the events in the bible and other publications are true. The world religions are not fiction made by man. They serve a purpose.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I really enjoy watching the series, it gives a broad spectrum of different "evidence" that is found and examined and is still left as a mystery.

I have yet to be completly convinced although I do think they do have a point in their theories and I am anxiously awaiting responses from conventional scientist to counter their claims.

It has certainly sparked an intrest in this ancient alien theory. Very much looking forward to the rest of the series.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fergu
I have yet to be completly convinced although I do think they do have a point in their theories and I am anxiously awaiting responses from conventional scientist to counter their claims.

You have a long wait in front of you then.

Conventional scientists are not going to respond to a television program on the History Channel.

That is precisely why you will never see any of these so-called "Ancient Astronaut" theories in any scientific journal.
That would elicit a response from conventional scientists, and that is exactly what these proponents of this idiocy do not want.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Conventional scientists are not going to respond to a television program on the History Channel.

That is precisely why you will never see any of these so-called "Ancient Astronaut" theories in any scientific journal.
That would elicit a response from conventional scientists, and that is exactly what these proponents of this idiocy do not want.

Conventional scientists to respond to such programs or theories (though I don't know if any have responded to this particular theories). However, "Ancient Astronauts" is not about an objective look at the facts, but confirming a theory despite the facts, thus the opinions of conventional scientists are not considered.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
i do not understand why people are into proving there are no aliens

No one is attempting to prove there are no aliens. There is a vast gulf between debating the existence of aliens and debating the existence of aliens in our history.

kinda backs up the slow disclosure theory.

How?

We are so afraid we just cannot beleive until an ET pinches us and says hey .

Afraid of what?

This debate has nothing to do with fear, only the truth.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ShannonGreen

I am loving the series. I am gobbling it up
I am too!I've always been interested in this sort of documentary.Problem is new docs about ufos and aliens are few and far between.

Its nice to see some new stuff come along.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Conventional scientists to respond to such programs or theories (though I don't know if any have responded to this particular theories). However, "Ancient Astronauts" is not about an objective look at the facts, but confirming a theory despite the facts, thus the opinions of conventional scientists are not considered.

I'm not sure they are indeed confirming any theory, they are presenting facts that could be based on evidence that is open to any interpritation. Which is in many cases what convensional scientists are doing.

Find an object, study it, test it in theory, test it practically, carbon dating so on and so on, and from the evidence that was found in conjuction with the object construct a theory. Because there is no one around to in detail explain what the object was used for and how it was constructed there are only theories.

If scientist believe that the people that construct different theories then themselves they should go and find evidence that would either support their own theory more or disregard the theory of the "idiots", not sit and wait around because they believe they have already solved it based on evidence that was clearly seen differently by someone else.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm not sure they are indeed confirming any theory, they are presenting facts that could be based on evidence that is open to any interpritation. Which is in many cases what convensional scientists are doing...

The series is not presenting facts. As Blueshift pointed out in an earlier post, the show is not based on facts or evidence but conjecture, supposition, weasel-words and belief.

If scientist believe that the people that construct different theories then themselves they should go and find evidence that would either support their own theory...

They do, it's called archaeology, anthropology and history. It is not the duty of scientists to respond to every claim that disagrees with them. It is the responsibility of the claimant to prove their own claim.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

I'm not sure they are indeed confirming any theory, they are presenting facts that could be based on evidence that is open to any interpritation. Which is in many cases what convensional scientists are doing...

The series is not presenting facts. As Blueshift pointed out in an earlier post, the show is not based on facts or evidence but conjecture, supposition, weasel-words and belief.

If scientist believe that the people that construct different theories then themselves they should go and find evidence that would either support their own theory...

They do, it's called archaeology, anthropology and history. It is not the duty of scientists to respond to every claim that disagrees with them. It is the responsibility of the claimant to prove their own claim.

All very true. There are some fairly disturbing claims in the show, which of course is so loosely based on anything they hardly hold any ground.

It may not be their duty to do so, but they still should. So perhaps, at some point, there can be clarity.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

i am sorry to go off topic but why are you so stern and closed minded it is very rare for anything to ever be proven or disproven here on ats.
Its a discussion forum is it that important to be agreed with or to close any discussion just cause its a bit far out. i wouldnt have said that but there have been many posts of your i read and i dunno at the end of the day this is all just fun not gonna find the meaning of life here but at least we can talk about it.

Any ways Be Well sorry if im bein a D.ck im just alittle confused why you participate in the thread with the cooky alien nuts like me lol

As before Be Well
i do enjoy your energy though

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

i am sorry to go off topic but why are you so stern and closed minded...

How is it I am closed-minded?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

just how the words read maybe its just me ive been wrong before

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the primary argument raised by most ancient astronaut supporters is, "It couldn't be anything else!"

If a painting or drawing looks something like we understand to be an astronaut, or a flying saucer, then the supporters of the theory are far too quick to jump in that it couldn't be anything else, so therefore it's evidence of ancient astronauts. The same goes with some kind of technological achievement. They're much too quick to dismiss the possibility that with time and effort Bronze Age or even Stone Age people had the organizational skills, time, ability and desire to create some really fantastic things. And just because we don't know how a particular thing was done, that doesn't automatically mean aliens did it. It just means we don't know.

But some people prefer the fantasy to an unknown.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Unfortunately, the primary argument raised by most ancient astronaut supporters is, "It couldn't be anything else!"
They're much too quick to dismiss the possibility that with time and effort Bronze Age or even Stone Age people had the organizational skills, time, ability and desire to create some really fantastic things. And just because we don't know how a particular thing was done, that doesn't automatically mean aliens did it. It just means we don't know.

It's worse than you think.

The truth is, they even do this with things that we know. I mean, a thing that the ancients did and we know how it was done, though that method may be one that the average person has never heard of, is often misrepresented and even lied about by these so-called "researchers."

See, they know that the average person won't know the facts of the matter and usually won't go to a lot of trouble trying to find out.

Not that many people are into ancient history enough to go into the kind of detail needed to learn exactly how some things were accomplished way back then. These authors know this and prey on these folks - that's their niche.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Cant wait for the next Episode!!!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The truth is, they even do this with things that we know. I mean, a thing that the ancients did and we know how it was done, though that method may be one that the average person has never heard of, is often misrepresented and even lied about by these so-called "researchers."

What technology or particular invention are you referring to...I'm honestly curious as I always love to learn about the inventions of the ancient world. I may happen to know what you are talking about, but also may not. Just curious, and thanks in advance.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
any body watch ancient aliens last night ??

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You have a long wait in front of you then.

Harte

Actually, you're wrong about that. Just last month in the "Archeology Today" Magazine there was an article refuting the History Channel's show about the Templar Knights in the US. The article specifically discounted (de-bunked) the Kensington Runestone.

just so you know....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join