It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ancient alien series on the History channel tonight..Why now?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

lol... ok tough guy... internet gangsta... hehe... keepin it real...

Anamnesis, I hate to tell you this, but your racism is showing.

Oh brother.... no... my dislike for punks is showing... and your ignorance is showing...

Anamnesis,

We all have ignorance and it always shows.

The difference being that not everyone is capable of discerning everyone else's ignorance!

That's why I have no qualms at pointing out ignorance when I see it (as you'll see if you read through my posts here at ATS.) I'm aware of my own, you see (as you are - as you stated regarding your lack of knowledge about many of the topics in this bogus documentary, )so I feel comfortable with the use of the term.

Anyway, here's what the pdf I mentioned says about chisels:

Perhaps the most remarkable stone carving feat at Tiahuanaco is seen on what we call arrow stones. The apexes at the base of the arrow project into the stone and under the surface design, with four planes perfectly planar, three of them meeting pair-wise at right angles, and eventually joining the fourth in one point [Figure 21]. Close examination of some interior angles of the precisely wrought stones reveals, even to the naked eye, a fine groove in the very apex of the angles. We suggest that these grooves result from the blade of a chisel-like tool, and that the point in which the four planes meet was made with a punch-like tool. No such tools have been recovered or recorded, but other details at Tiahuanaco suggest the use of chisels or punch-like tools. Several recessed pockets with T-shaped cramp sockets (discussed in more detail below) carved into them allow one to determine the tool's angle of attack and its minimum length [Figure 22].

SOURCE

The paper is actually mainly concerned with the stonework of the Inca, who succeeded the natives at Tiwanaku. It is a very interesting and informative paper in that regard.

Tiwanaku (Tiahuanaco) comes into the analysis early on, however, on the very first page because of this statement:

There is a persistent argument that the astounding Inca stonework was not an indigenous invention, but rather a derivative of Tiahuanaco masonry, and that to build their monuments the Incas did not use their own artisans, but imported Qollasuyu stoneworkers from the Lake Titicaca area.

Harte

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i urge all posters to check the ancient astronaut theory thread out it is a more general discussion are for the topic
Thanks

Be Well

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Hey bud... My comment about ignorance was strictly directed at Doom in direct response to his accusing me of being racist. I'm still grinnin' about that one... lol...

That being said... I'll have a look at the article you sourced. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
i urge all posters to check the ancient astronaut theory thread out it is a more general discussion are for the topic
Thanks

Be Well

Such blatant self-promotion could only be topped by a link to this ancient astronaut thread of which you speak.

Harte

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
OK... I just scanned the PDF quickly. I'll go back and read it more carefully later...

Pg21.

The known and documented tools of the Inca construction trade are hammerstones, bronze pry bars, plumb bobs, and ropes. Although several exemplars of chisels are held in Peru- vian museums, judging by the tool marks on building stones, chisels were not used to cut or shape them. Evidence in the field points to the occasional use of some sort of saws or files, and of grinders.3

Meh.... I'm a little tired of the conversation now anyways... later.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

LOL no doubt well the only reason im here on ats is the ancient astronaut theory.well not only but thats what brought me to ats.
i put the new thread up after i thought of the first seemed to be more inclusive.
sorry if my thread has upset you

Be Well

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Does someone want to post a link to the documentary?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

OK... I just scanned the PDF quickly. I'll go back and read it more carefully later...

Pg21.

The known and documented tools of the Inca construction trade are hammerstones, bronze pry bars, plumb bobs, and ropes. Although several exemplars of chisels are held in Peru- vian museums, judging by the tool marks on building stones, chisels were not used to cut or shape them. Evidence in the field points to the occasional use of some sort of saws or files, and of grinders.3

Meh.... I'm a little tired of the conversation now anyways... later.

Yeah, the pdf is about the Inca, as I told you.

The Inca did not build Puma Punku.

Harte

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
so what seems to be missing more then anything is the power source all these cultures were using i am beginning to beleive man built mant of the structure associated with ancient astronauts however i beleive furvently that eary civilization was clued into a power source much different then we understand or use currently

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Its not missing , our comprehension is. We are a planet locked race, only capable of the close up study of our own world, and for that matter, only fragments of it. There are great swathes of oceans unexplored, and if you asked an artist to draw the centre of the earth, he would have to guess all of it, because as great as a theory is, we can never know, till we have had a look.
Thats the problem. We can look into the galaxy , into OTHER galaxies, but until we can BE in them , we cannot observe their finest detail , and its detail which we are missing about the nature of space ! More to the point, because we have not developed the skill set to examine ALL of our own earth , how the hell are we supposed to understand the science of inter galactic travel?? In order to find evidence of a crime, one must often look at very small evidence, fibres, splinters, tiny drops of blood. But to unlock the secrets of the universe one must look at things which are so small as to be completely insignificant, unless you are searching for the key to understanding all of existance. Imagine, the space that is out there, and how many ridiculously small things there are between here and the nearest star... its a feild that wide, full of stuff smaller than atoms, EACH particle atomic or subatomic , which we have to look at to really start thinking about big tech like warp drives and lunacies of that sort, that theres no way we could comprehend even the number of man hours it would take ! Theres BILLIONS of man hours of work to do ! Best get to it !

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

i stick by my story we are not remembering key points in our earlier development as well as currently forgetting our position in time .

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just a reminder The Ancient Aliens Series continue today by the History Channel
starting at 1:00 PM Central Time.

Last week there were two episodes or chapters released titled:

Chapter 1 - The Evidence (Two hours 2010)
Chapter 2 - Chariots, Gods & Beyond (Two hours 2009)

Today's April 27, 2010.

1- Chariots, Gods & Beyond (Two hours 2009) The same of last week.

2- The Evidence Education (Two hours 2010) It seems the same of last week.

3- The Visitors Education (Two hours 2010) Could be a new release, we'll see.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Go to Google Earth and type in Puma Punku.

The place is oriented to magnetic North.

Whoever built it had a magnetic compass.

The declination will pinpoint the era of construction.

Awesome series.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Go to Google Earth and type in Puma Punku.

The place is oriented to magnetic North.

Whoever built it had a magnetic compass.

The declination will pinpoint the era of construction.

Awesome series.

Please show some evidence of this.

Google Earth indicates magnetic north?

Not on my computer.

Harte

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Dear Harte:

Open google earth. Go to Puma Punku. North is Top on Goo. South is bottom.

Puma Punku's walls are displaced about 15 degrees to the right of geographic North/South. This easterly shift corresponds to magnetic declination (magnetic north pole lies east and south of geo pole on this planet).

The evidence is, well, self-evident.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Dear Harte:

Open google earth. Go to Puma Punku. North is Top on Goo. South is bottom.

Puma Punku's walls are displaced about 15 degrees to the right of geographic North/South. This easterly shift corresponds to magnetic declination (magnetic north pole lies east and south of geo pole on this planet).

The evidence is, well, self-evident.

According to this, you have it backwards.

A negative value of declination means that, for the location in question, magnetic north is to the left (west) of true north.

You can clearly see in the link that Bolivia has a negative declination, so these walls aren't at all oriented toward magnetic north.

Please remember that magnetic north varies greatly over the planet due to position with respect to the magnetic pole and due to variations within the magnetic field in the area from in which one is using the compass.

Harte

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No, its southern hemisphere. Go to NOAA Declination and enter 16 south, 68 west. Enter epoch 1900. Then scroll down to see the magnetic north indicator. It points to the same bearing Puma Punku's walls do. Be sure to select satellite or hybrid, not map. Since it varies, we can estimate epochs. One thing for sure, its not aligned with astronomical North.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Chakotay]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

No, its southern hemisphere. Go to NOAA Declination and enter 16 south, 68 west. Enter epoch 1900. Then scroll down to see the magnetic north indicator. It points to the same bearing Puma Punku's walls do. Be sure to select satellite or hybrid, not map. Since it varies, we can estimate epochs. One thing for sure, its not aligned with astronomical North.

Thank you Chakotay.

However, I believe if you look into it, you'll find that the orientations are based on astronomy, not magnetic north.

Harte

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
When did the History channel begin all of its UFO shows? It seems like it's getting off topic from the standpoint of presenting proper "history".

Seems they air more about speculative history than history itself...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i am glad at least one channel is straying from the usual drivvlle on the networks. While these shows do tend to stretch info and they do cherry pick its still nice to know theres a program on at least one night that i actually look forward to.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join