It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: Volcanic ash cloud is God’s punishment for health care

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu

rush is big $$$ shock guy...he's even said that...dittoheads take it too far

yep, alot of you american stars are like this.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A little fame + a little money = demogoguery. What a frail heap of a mental health despotismic waste of flesh. Ask me I how I realy feel.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This Rush Limbaugh is a real wing nut isn't he? For Limbaugh to allow something so ridiculous to roll off of his tongue would seem to suggest that he could have quite possibly been in an "oxy contin" drug induced stupor at the time that he said it.

God caused a volcano to erupt and create a huge ash cloud all because of Healthcare?

Believe me, God has more important issues to contend with other than Healthcare Mr. Limbaugh.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I understand what you are saying...I hear ya. BUT, the fact that he is even the topic of this discussion means he is successful....

Some things I agree with him on, some I don't. However, he is a very clever and shrewd entertainer and business person. As for his biting wit and sarcasm, I feel he has few equals.

Rush can grasp the most insignificant quote and turn it into a riot. For instance, have you heard his spoof of "Puff, the Magic Dragon" as "Barak, the Magic Negro"... and for those uninformed, the term came from an African American columnist in LA and mixed with Al Sharpton's concern that Barak wasn't "authentically" black enough.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

That reasoning could be near a very slippery slope. Would Hilter have been viewed differently if he'd ended his rants with a grin and a wink?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I don't know...ask Al Sharpton and the columnist that said it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

How 'bout I just ask the one who profited most by broadcasting it nationwide?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

I understand what you are saying...I hear ya. BUT, the fact that he is even the topic of this discussion means he is successful....

No offence, but I think is more down to the Americentricism of American Top Secret and the nature of the forum itself. An old woman taking a poo with an oven-glove on her head in America is enough for it to warrant a starred and flag thread on here. For some it will have been foretold in the bible, others will see it as Obama's failing in caring for those with senility and an example of how he's broken the health care system, others still will note the angle of her parted legs and her hands on her thighs and see a pentagram, whilst her poo resembles Moloch and it's all down to the New World Order.

An old woman taking a poo with an oven-glove on her head in England would get a half a dozen responses at most and one of those would be from an American who'd be desperate to point out that old women pooing with oven-gloves on their head just wouldn't happen if we Brit cats were allowed to have guns.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

What a pretty picture you paint.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Gotta say I nearly choked on my lamb roast sunday dinner at that

Americans... THAT is British humour... NOT crappy monty python.... A bunch of posh dicks.......

As for the OP, why is the UK suffering (?)not really... Kinda enjoying it actually) for American healthcare??? God....... You guys think you ARE the world!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Perhaps I should retract my first statement. Finally, a natural disaster not caused by homsexuality! Can it be true?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
And this differs from the views of a certain Iranian cleric how?

And this is relevant to Iran or its politics in what way? Is Limbaugh a cleric?
Please stop derailing this thread trying to keep Iran on our minds.
Iran is only a threat to a *certain* apartheid regime.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What century is Limbaugh living in?

It's like something that might have been said in the 14th century.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You know what really stinks about this?

People actually listen to this blow-hard (Limbaugh) character. When are people going to wise up that there really are other radio stations to listen to that he is not on. If he ever had anything worth saying, I must have missed it, because I've never heard it.

edit for spelling

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Wayne60]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer

And this is relevant to Iran or its politics in what way? Is Limbaugh a cleric?
Please stop derailing this thread trying to keep Iran on our minds.
Iran is only a threat to a *certain* apartheid regime.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by TSawyer]

Wipe the spittle from your screen.
If you can't see how the view of an Iranian cleric (followed by many ) compares to that of an American pundit ( followed by millions) claiming the wrath of God was invoked by actions within his country, I can't explain it.
Had Limbaugh not professed ( even sarcastically ) to know the will of God, there would be no comparison with said cleric.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
People that listen to and know Rush real well, know he talks about things like this as a sort of parody comedy. He does it for pure entertainment, and I think it is pretty darn funny myself.

The response it gets from the MSM is hilarious!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
You know what really stinks about this?

People actually listen to this blow-hard (Limbaugh) character. When are people going to wise up that there really are other radio stations to listen to that he is not on. If he ever had anything worth saying, I must have missed it, because I've never heard it.

edit for spelling

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Wayne60]

You might not realize that Rush is the most listened to radio show in America and probably the world, with millions of listeners.
I sometimes hear Rush say things that I don't totally agree with, but that doesn't make me hate the guy with overpowering hatred like the left stream media followers seem to.
At this job I had not too recently a guy at work confronted me for listening to Rush with a red face and quite upset. It was pretty funny.
It is just a radio show for entertainment and commentary. relax, take a deep breath and say: "Ohhhhhhmmmm"

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

And it also differs from those nuts at the Westboro Baptist "Church" how?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by UfoSpecial

What can I say? We all have people that just makes our skin crawl every time they open their mouths, and he just happens to be one of those people that I cannot stand to listen to with his he is right and everyone else is wrong attitude.

Now, breathe in, breathe out
It's all good

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
How does Limbaugh know this to be true?

I suspect that Limbaugh is probably getting his inside information from Pat Robertson, that or from the idiots that "lead" the two megachurches in my part of the world. They seem to think that they have the inside track on what Cheezus wants politically for the US too.
Actually had one of their flock of sheeple tell me that Obama was the Antichrist and I needed to "get right" before it's too late.
Too late for what exactly ?
Damn, these people scare the shat out of me. . . .

[edit on 4/18/2010 by bluesbasscat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join