It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: Volcanic ash cloud is God’s punishment for health care

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers,

Politics isn't really my thing but I couldn't pass this one up.

Article from Rawstory.com

Volcanoes have elicited religious veneration for thousands of years, but talk show host Rush Limbaugh may be among the first to ascribe a political agenda to one, Think Progress reported. After an Icelandic volcano continued to spew ash into the sky Saturday, halting President Obama's planned flight to Poland, conservative icon Limbaugh said the surprising strength and timing of the eruption suggests a God displeased with the passage of health care reform. "You know, a couple of days after the health care bill had been signed into law Obama ran around all over the country saying, 'Hey, you know, I’m looking around. The earth hadn’t opened up. There’s no Armageddon out there. The birds are still chirping.' I think the earth has opened up. God may have replied," he said on his radio show Friday. The volcano's activity halted many travel plans Friday and Saturday as the volcano continued to erupt longer than scientists anticipated. President Obama was forced to cancel his plans to fly to Poland for a memorial in honor of Polish leaders, including the country's president, that were killed in a plane crash last week. Aviation experts say the volcanic plume has caused the worst travel disruption Europe — and the world — has ever seen. "I've been flying for 40 years but I've never seen anything like this in Europe," said Swedish pilot Axel Alegren, after landing his flight from Kabul, Afghanistan, at Munich Airport; he had been due to land at Frankfurt but was diverted. "The activity has been quite vigorous overnight, causing the eruption column to grow," Icelandic geologist Magnus Tumi Gudmundsson told The Associated Press on Saturday. "It's the magma mixing with the water that creates the explosivity. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an end in sight." One Christian blog post suggested the volcanic eruption was a sign from God that the End Times are near. Limbaugh was quick to capitalize on the unexpected drama. "Earth has opened up," he said. "I don’t know whether it’s a rebirth or Armageddon. Hopefully it’s a rebirth, God speaking." The talk show host also made headlines earlier this week for his reaction to President Clinton's remarks during the 15th anniversary of the Oklahoma city bombings. Limbaugh said a future bombing in Oklahoma City should be blamed on President Clinton and President Obama. "Clinton says that right-wing talk radio has made money off of anger, aided by the Internet," Limbaugh stated. "They just can't get away from it. We are living in their heads rent free. We are in their heads and on their minds. They -- and I'm going to throw the in there -- are out to destroy western civilization, folks. Why do you think the tea party people are so reviled? Why is it that we can sit there and accuse nonviolent tea party people of committing terrorist acts?"

rawstory.com...

[edit on 18-4-2010 by taccj9903]

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Rush is a genius.

Obviously god is mad at us for implementing health care reform, so he decided to erupt a volcano in Iceland. It makes perfect sense.

One can only wonder why god didn't decide to unleash his volcanic wrath several years ago when Iceland developed its own Universal Healthcare system. But I guess god only cares when the US does something.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

At the very least god should have unleashed the Yellowstone volcano for our pathetic attempt at trying to help our nations uninsured.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
reply to post by drwizardphd

At the very least god should have unleashed the Yellowstone volcano for our pathetic attempt at trying to help our nations uninsured.

Sheehhh !!!!!!!

God could be on ATS reading that right now ...... do you want to get everyone killed.

You better go sacrifice a sheep or at least some chickens ....... appease him , lest he smite us.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I honestly dont think God would punish the health care system directly.

To me it is more about Mother Nature waking up and coming out of her slumber to usher is a New Age.

The Earth changes are going to peek this year and then settle in 2011 and 2012.

This is the year of the Tiger a year of great earth changes.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Mr Oxycontin has obviously been throwing back a few too many of his namesake by the sounds of things...

The things that come out of this guys mouth just get stupider and stupider...But the most scary thing is how many people listen to his crap and actually admire him or believe it...

That, to me, is truly frightening

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
And this differs from the views of a certain Iranian cleric how?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yep, wtf does iceland have to do with america, its in europe. WHat does he mean europeans run usa or something?

Americans have this obsession with only there country.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
And this differs from the views of a certain Iranian cleric how?

It doesn't. I think Limbaugh is as big a prick as the Iranian cleric.

How does Limbaugh know this to be true? It's just as likely that Iceland is being punished because of the # that Limbaugh comes out with as it is that Iceland is getting punished for one of America's domestic policies.

I hope, that when Limbaugh dies, he finds out that his god is a black lesbian Democrat. He'd be backpeddling so fast, his XXXXL-sized coffin would levitate out its hole in the ground.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo
Mr Oxycontin has obviously been throwing back a few too many of his namesake by the sounds of things...

The things that come out of this guys mouth just get stupider and stupider...But the most scary thing is how many people listen to his crap and actually admire him or believe it...

That, to me, is truly frightening

And what is even scarier is that these people might be your neighbors or co-workers.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
And what is even scarier is that these people might be your neighbors or co-workers.

Not likely...Fortunately, I live 10,000 miles away and you have to make a real effort to watch Rush over here

Me, I'm fearful and concerned they might be your neighbours or co-workers

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Wishing I could relocate out of the country

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
[
I hope, that when Limbaugh dies, he finds out that his god is a black lesbian Democrat. He'd be backpeddling so fast, his XXXXL-sized coffin would levitate out its hole in the ground.

I'd prefer his passing somehow benefit his followers. Perhaps he could be rendered down into lubricant to ease the pain of the screwing his followers vote themselves from the government.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hey guys, Rush is doing what he does so well..... weither you like him or not...agree with him or not... he is being sarcastic as hell. I hope you don't take him literally, he's just yanking chains here.

I used to drive a truck and listen to him, and if you don't listen on a regular basis or just read what he says and not the tone or context in which he says it, you could easily be led to think he really believes this stuff.

In fact, the very reactions some display here are what he works for...he is first and foremost, an entertainer creating controversy and increasing ratings and revenue. See him for what he is....

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well ofcourse it is

Anything Obama does to give coverage to American and increase people's overall standard of living will result in God punishing Europe...

Wait does that make sens?

Well ofcourse it doesn't....it's Limbaugh.

When is he moving?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
rush is big $$$ shock guy...he's even said that...dittoheads take it too far

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I'm attempting to do the very same. But,apparently, couching criticism in humour only works one way.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I see the humor in your remarks...there are some that don't. In fact, there are some here at ATS that see little humor in anything. Keep laughing...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
In fact, the very reactions some display here are what he works for...he is first and foremost, an entertainer creating controversy and increasing ratings and revenue. See him for what he is....

Well, he's not increasing revenue on my account. I live on the other side of the Atlantic and any advertising and product revenue won't be anything to with me. So, in that sense, he's just making himself look a dick in my eyes and he doesn't even get sales off the back off it!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by 23refugee

I see the humor in your remarks...there are some that don't. In fact, there are some here at ATS that see little humor in anything. Keep laughing...

Agreed. There are some things that even I won't take in jest, but this drug-addled glutton isn't one of them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join