It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 In 3 Americans Failed To Return Census Forms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

1 In 3 Americans Failed To Return Census Forms

www.nytimes.com

Nearly one in three Americans failed to return their census questionnaires by Friday’s official deadline, the Census Bureau said.

More forms were expected to be received over the weekend. Census workers will not begin going door to door until May 1 to count people who did not return their questionnaires by mail.

As of early Friday, the mail participation rate was 68 percent. The mail participation rate, which the bureau is using this year for the first time, is the percentage of forms mailed back by households that received them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I personally use the mail as little as possible. It's easier to do business on the phone or the net. Still, I returned my census form, BOTH of them (do they want to count me twice?) because I once had a census taker show up at my door due to my negligence with the mail. They asked a zillion questions and it was a pain in the neck.

I'm not opposed in principle to doing my bit and being counted. IMO a lot of people are like me and don't fear the info. will be used against them. I suspect some of the 1/3 of Americans who haven't responded, though, do have real misgivings about cooperating with the government in this way.

I am interested to hear how many people resist the census on principle and why, and how many are just slackers like me.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I fully read my census questionnaire and they didn't ask me anything about if I was growing a garden or owned a gun & I had no problem answering the simple questions they posed. I filled it out and mailed it back.

I am HOPING nobody shows up at my door. I am to much of a recluse to bother answering if they do......

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I never filled one out the last time because I didn't have one. I never got a visit from a census worker.

This time I got two in the mail. I filled out one and threw away the other. They were identical.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I didn't fill one out, and I have no misgivings about filling out the generic census questions - never got one... I live in one of the poorest counties in NC that needs all the help it can get. Fact is, I have a P.O. Box. Dunno if that had anything to dow with a lack of a census form, but I never got one. In addition, no one from the census has stopped by... of course, that might also have something to do with the fact that most people in this county are armed and naturally suspicious...

link   
I received a mail piece stating that I would receive a questionnaire soon, but never received one.

If in the case that I did, I would not fill it out, and tell the census worker to shove off.

link   
Filled mine out right away and sent it on in. It doesn't ask you anything that makes a damn other than who are you and how many live there, no problem, took 3 mins to fill out.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Tossed mine in the trash where it belongs.

I won't do anything to cooperate with government under Obama's watch.

If they want to come harass me at the door I'll just do to them what I do to Jehova's Witnesses - *slam*.

As for the 1 in 3 Americans - I applaud them for taking a stand against the Obama's "Do as I say, not as I do" government and giving the finger to this ridiculous census package.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Its not like your telling them something they don't already know. I filled out my census and sent it back. i don't see any reason not to. And i do some genealogy work so i imagine this will save my descendants some trouble in proving my existence should they also decide to do it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I never received a census form of any length...

2nd line...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Maybe the government should have sent these folks the two extra census forms I have received, one two weeks after sending in my first form. I got my first repeat mailing prior to April 1st. Goodness sakes! The form specifically requests information concerning people who reside in your home as of April 1st! How can anyone possibly answer, truthfully, the questions prior to April 1st?

I received a rather intrusive long form in 2000. I filled it out completely and mailed it in. I was still visited by a census taker to verify what I said was true.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Lawfully you are supposed to fill out your name and how many people are there. Any other question is snoopage, and not required. You can however write them a nice note about how much you hate they're slimey godless souls.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Lawfully you are supposed to fill out your name and how many people are there. Any other question is snoopage, and not required. You can however write them a nice note about how much you hate they're slimey godless souls.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Nobody in the US has ever been fined or imprisoned for not filling out a census form or giving false information. They want your race and income so they can tag you and send you to the fema camps and vaccine centers for being poor or a minority.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What I don't get is why they didn't put this census online. They spent so much money on sending out the, "Get ready the census letter is coming." letter, and then sending out the census a week later. I did fill this out, even though it was simple, but it's more the fact they spent SO much money sending these out and not everyone turns them in.

It also looks like they may send out another letter, a "Second-Chance Form" which roughly will cost another $42-million. Second-Chance Census form

[edit on 17-4-2010 by ka0ticstyle]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Mine also went in the trash..they dont need to know who I am or how many live here..if they care so much about it, then they can buy me a new house and pay all my bills to boot.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Was everyone supposed to get one or is it just random? I didn't get one either.

I don't see why they don't just double up with Publisher's Clearing House and have a prize patrol. Everybody sends that in!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Mine also went in the trash..they dont need to know who I am or how many live here..if they care so much about it, then they can buy me a new house and pay all my bills to boot.

Amen!! I was going to fill one out I thought I was only going to have to say how many people lived in my household, not all the names to boot. I want to stay under the radar as much as possible with this govt.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't think there is anything illegal about putting down bogus names for the people in the household.

If the government really needed to they could find out all they need to know about someone already. I'm sure this is just a head count. Granted needing to know the names of the people in the household...just make something up. More money for your city anyways.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Never got one.
Got the one week before notice.

The problem is i do not get mail at my home never have never will. i use a PO Box.
There is a old mail box on the front of the house from when my father lived there.
But i have never used it and except for the notice the Census sent out that i would get the census form in a week i have not got mail in the box for years.

Another problem is the mailman does not like to walk the extra 40 feet and years ago the post office tried to get me to put a mail box out on the street and i refused to.
Why should i when all i would ever get in it would be junk mail.

Plus the county court system does not send jury duty notices to po boxes.
they send them to your street address. No mail at the home no jury duty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join