It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb caught on tv show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

It definitely is narrowed between the two (flare/ufo). I highly doubt that nat geo would put this in unless it was a promotion for alien week or something. I am studying it as hard as I can but I really can't tell.

Also Cyrax go to the actual vid so you can see it as high res as possible and go to the 7 min mark. see if you can spot something released at halfway through the flight.

Looking even closer this might have been a real flare. The drop off behind it halfway through leads me to believe it was dropping fire unless that was a lens anomoly.

Question do flares sit like that at the end?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by ventian]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by CYRAX

It definitely is narrowed between the two (flare/ufo). I highly doubt that nat geo would put this in unless it was a promotion for alien week or something. I am studying it as hard as I can but I really can't tell.

Also Cyrax go to the actual vid so you can see it as high res as possible and go to the 7 min mark. see if you can spot something released at halfway through the flight.

Looking even closer this might have been a real flare. The drop off behind it halfway through leads me to believe it was dropping fire unless that was a lens anomoly.

Question do flares sit like that at the end?

im going to have a closer look now thanks for the heads up

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The movement of the "UFO" is exactly coordinated to the movement of the camera. The crane moves to the left at exactly the same rate the "UFO" moves to the right. The movement of the "UFO" stops at exactly the same time the camera stops panning.

Unless the "UFO" was performing for the camera, the "UFO" is lens flare produced by the bright light at the base of the crane.

[edit on 4/11/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.youtube.com...

Go here phage. I put a link to where it shows up in the video in the comments section. It is accelerating faster than the camera is. It may in fact be a real flare though, I have yet to determine so.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
at 7:06 when the crane light flashes it looks like orb reflects the light anyone else notice that

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

My eyes aren't nearly that good, so I just got to take your word for it. Good work on this thread though Cyrax. I will report back tomorrow, if you can, get maybe maybe not to look at it, as he won't be as biased as I am toward it being a ufo. The only thing remotely possible to me that isn't a ufo, is a flare gun but I see no flash of light from where it should be fired. Good night, I am gonna go read some more of "The Great Hunt" now and see what the Aes Sedai are up to. Good luck dude, I am rooting for ya.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I took five frames from the video.
1) When the "UFO" first appears it is at horizontal pixel position 101 and the crane is at 226.

2) In the next frame the "UFO" is at 128 and the crane is at 198. The "UFO" has moved 27 pixels to the right and the crane has moved 28 pixels to the left.

3) In the next frame the "UFO" is at 149 and the crane is at 177. From the first frame, the "UFO" has moved 48 pixels to the right and the crane has moved 49 pixels to the left.

4) In the next frame the "UFO" is at 162 and the crane is at 164. From the first frame, the "UFO" has moved 61 pixels to the right and the crane has moved 62 pixels to the left.

5) In the next frame, when the camera and the "UFO" have both stopped (at the same time), the "UFO" is at 170 and the crane is at 158. In the same amount of time, from the first frame, the "UFO" has moved 69 pixels to the right and the crane has move 68 pixels to the left.

Within a couple of pixels (in an ugly, compressed video) per frame, the rate of movement matches exactly. Try it yourself. Pick any frames, it doesn't matter. The distance moved by the crane and the UFO is always the same between any two frames.

[edit on 4/11/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
what about the reflection from the crane
im still thinking this might be a orb

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by kinda kurious

If it appears on the original then we could start to look closer at it.

My .02c

Here is .01¢ for your trouble. You can put the other .01¢ where your mouth is. I kid.

Seriously, I'm kurious to see your evaluation as I generally respect it. i.e. A penny for your thoughts.

Please see post by ventian

[edit on 11-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

See Phages explanation.

Pretty much mirrors my original thoughts.

With the better quality video, the movement is more linear too.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

CYRAX.....

This is obviously a lens effect.

This is obvious upon first viewing of the video. Phage has quantified the movement within the video, thereby demonstrating unequivocally there was no object in the video.....just a lens effect.

I know you are very interested in this topic of UFO's & you have a very strong desire to become part of the meaningful UFO discussions on ATS.

The best way for you to achieve this is to become much more discerning with the material you post & the manner in which you respond to experienced members of ATS.

Members such as Phage, Chadwickus, etc... have tremendous knowledge & experience. I know you don't really want to hear things from even from such experienced members when those things "burst your UFO bubble", but you will learn a lot if you do decide to listen to such members.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I concur. I downloaded clip (kepvid.com = great app) to mp4. Using QT player and jogging frame by frame the 'orb' does, in fact, sync in concert to camera move.
Also with the increased clarity, it does appear in front of mountain range.

Excellent analysis as per usual to Phage and Chadwickus, you guys are worthy of your God like status here.

Hat tip to OP and Ventian for tracking down original source with not much to go on.

Nice work fellas.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
thanks for the input guys seems like this might be lens flare after all

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Another case closed which is good. On to new effects and flares lol. Loved how the community came together with relatively little if any bashing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join