It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.2- BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO 2010 April 04 22:40:39 UTC

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ok I am going to go ahead and make some estimates before I go off for a bit.

Since I did so well with my estimates on Haiti and Chile, I am motivated to go ahead and make some guesses here.

I will expect from initial reports, IF THIS is the climax, that we are looking at

Around a dozen(min) to 3 dozen (max) deaths :probably mostly in Mexico.

Possibly upwards of 25,000-45,000 injuries.

And this will probably cost around 75-175 billion $ to repair.

These are just initial estimates and if the situation changes I will be forced to change them as well.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xadaz
Are they tuning their HAARP weather machine to aim at a certain state?

Gov Arnold didn't like that Restore America Plan
and was against it. Targeted maybe to
change his mind.
just sayin

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, not to take away from this thread and my thoughts goes out to all the people in the affected areas. But I'm wondering, is there any way this quake or as someone mentioned earlier a possible stronger quake 3/4 days away could this maybe give a kick start to Yellowstone?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Lol, there's a Carlsbad in San Diego County; no doubt that's the one he thought you were referring to.

Simple case of same name, different state.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

can somebody say HAARP ????

Can somebody please not!
All these 'Haarpites' always say this for every quake. It gets old

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

Well, I'm not a dog, but I definitely had a strange reaction, or maybe I should say I had a strange pre-action today before the earthquake.

I live in the Phoenix area, and around lunchtime, I started to get extremely, extremely irritable, for no reason, out of the blue. I was at my parents house, having Easter brunch, and I was actually in a good mood. Then, I really got upset for no reason at all. I left their place (my mom was angry that I left, even though I tried to explain to her that I wasn't feeling well), and when I got home, I had a very powerful urge to take a nap.

When I woke up, I wondered what the hell had gotten into me today, and why I got so upset and irritable out of the blue, and then I checked the internet and saw the earthquakes, and saw that people in Phoenix had felt the earthquakes!

I know that dogs and other animals get premonitions about earthquakes, but has anyone else ever had behavioral changes besides me, before an earthquake?

This was extremely weird... even for me.

[/quote

OK..this kind of makes me feel strange!

I was at my parents house today for Easter dinner, also..and all of a sudden I just got this tremendous pressure and sharp pain in my head..and got really angry..like a foul mood..got up and told them I was going home..went home and DID take a nap..

Only thing is, I live on the New Madrid fault, Missouri..no where near California...eh..coulda just been a sinus headache, I guess
Unless we have an earthquake here, soon.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Yummy Freelunch]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

hi im in chile,as you know we had the big earthquake 27/2 and that was extremely scarey,me and my daughter felt dizzy after the quake for about two weeks and like we wobbled when we walked ,a few people felt the same way so weird feeling.i know how you feel right now scared incase of a strong aftershock probably you will feel a few but hopefully not as strong,thank God no one was killed or injured,life here is slowly getting back to nearly normal although it will take a long time yet.we still have aftershocks we just had one around lunchtime today we are all still nervous of them.anyway keep safe and try to relax now its over so take a deep breath and carry on with your normal life.God Bless from chilexx

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax

Can somebody please not!

sorry, but u can't deny that this quake's depth is the same
as the other accused HAARP depths of 10K.
How can over 200 earthquakes in the past yr
all with the same depth be coincidence???
or just natural????

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Interesting geologically. The Cerro Prieto volcano is there along with the Cerro Prieto fault.

There's also an active geothermal field there.

I wonder if there are any geological changes from this eq to the volcano and geothermal activity.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Can somebody please not!

sorry, but u can't deny that this quake's depth is the same
as the other accused HAARP depths of 10K.
How can over 200 earthquakes in the past yr
all with the same depth be coincidence???
or just natural????

Remember Occam's Razor.

The simplest solution is usually the correct one.
The Earth is in constant change. And every single large event/quake has happened on or near a known fault line.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

Yeah, just cleaned the kitchen after the Easter dinner, everyone else in the jacuz right now, but had to say, at the time of the quake, I and my family, were sitting in my living room sipping champagne and then I suddenly noticed my chair was swaying or should I say, rolling. I looked at the chandelier to see if it was swaying and sure enough it was, my 3 dogs were laying right under it on their dog beds and did not blink an eye, so I don't think dogs were barking in Seattle from this one.

Anyway, another exciting earthquake from so cal, glad there was no significant damage.

FYI been having earthquakes here since I was born....1960's so nothing that new.

edit to add: I think there have been earthquakes here even before the 1960's !

[edit on 4-4-2010 by SunnyDee]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a relative of mine that resides in north western arizona called and said he felt the quake

hm

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Have you guys noticed how many earthquakes have happened so far in the past few months? I tell ya if this keeps up 2010 could be known as the "Year of earthquakes". Are they just natural coincidences or is there something else going on?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Can somebody please not!

Remember Occam's Razor.

The simplest solution is usually the correct one.
The Earth is in constant change. And every single large event/quake has happened on or near a known fault line.

Can somebody not mention occams razor every damn time someone has something to say that they don't agree with? The razor goes both ways, one day you will be cut severely.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm from Chile too. I'm just here to send some cheering to the pople in the area. It's hard to live in a seismic country/region, and absolutely not easy. One day you are doing your routine very normally and in a few seconds, everything changes... even your surroundings...
Stay calm on the aftershocks, we're still having them and the quake was in february. Just that. Stay calm.

and yeah, the HAARP thing is getting old... sometimes quakes are just quakes.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
Can somebody not mention occams razor every damn time someone has something to say that they don't agree with? The razor goes both ways, one day you will be cut severely.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's good to see somebody using my suggestion, since it's a very valid one. I agree that this earthquake doesn't seem to be HAARP's doing, but using Occam's Razor to counter HAARP every time is getting stale.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's good to see somebody using my suggestion, since it's a very valid one. I agree that this earthquake doesn't seem to be HAARP's doing, but using Occam's Razor to counter HAARP every time is getting stale.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by SonicInfinity]

That is why I countered HAARP claims effectively, IMO.

A few pages back I stated that 1) Such practice could destroy the whole earth so it's illogical
and 2) The Sun is a more likely candidate for outside influences.

Another member mentioned his theory about CERN.

There are so many possibilities that are on the table, we should not get too attached to one.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I wanted to say, that having people in Arizona report feeling an Earthquake was kind of new to me, I am not used to that.

Also, I would like to bring up the fact I read earlier this week that Carlsbad New Mexico had like a 4.6 quake. This baffled me as I grew up nearby Carlsbad and for decades we never had any earthquakes that I could feel.

It just seems kind of out of place and odd.

Of course the earthquake you are linking is near Baja. WHich has earthquakes all the time...no surprises there.

But feeling quakes in NM and Arizona is really weird.

Carlsbad gets a quake every now and then. They are felt all the way out to Big Spring or Colorado City, sometimes. When i was a kid living in Coahoma, i felt a few small tremors that were situated over Monahans. Monahans gets quite a few, actually.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
USGS rep. stating that the Baja quake and the Northern Cali. quake are two separate events...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this ties in with the large "booms" that people have been hearing.

I'm in northern MT and have heard a couple of these myself, without any explanation. One night we had a small 4.5 earthquake shortly after my husband and I heard one of these boom sounds.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join