It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.2- BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO 2010 April 04 22:40:39 UTC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Depth upgrade from 20 miles to just over 6 miles per CNN.

edit: per CNN @8:17pm est

[edit on 4/4/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
best wishes to all in this area
and hope for the best

can somebody say HAARP ????

I would also like to make a thread to address this.

I personally think that humans COULD achieve earthquakes, and almost certainly devices have been designed and possibly tested.

But, you have to understand, that simply causing earthquakes is not a rational idea. Especially so many (it's like every earthquake gets a HAARP theory).

That kind of reckless endangerment of the crust risks turning the entire surface of earth into molten lava.

Such a risky expierment would never be undertaken, it has too great of a potential to spiral out of control.

Unless you think humans are THAT crazy!
Maybe we are I don't know.

I prefer to think that IF there was an increase in earthquake activity (which I have not seen proven YET), than I would wager that it would be directly a result of the SUN's magnetic properties. This is far more of a rational and likely possibility than HAARP, IMHO.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm in Carlsbad, CA. It started shaking for about 10 seconds....my wife and I started to head downstairs and it stopped so we just stood there and it started shaking again for another 10 seconds or so.

Our first earthquake (we just relocated from Florida).

[edit on 5-4-2010 by wills120]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

There goes Poppy and his "plausible deniability" again.
But you and I know the button was there to use, saint...
whether the HAARP was getting plucked or not.
Stay padded and outside if you're in the zone.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, I'm not a dog, but I definitely had a strange reaction, or maybe I should say I had a strange pre-action today before the earthquake.

I live in the Phoenix area, and around lunchtime, I started to get extremely, extremely irritable, for no reason, out of the blue. I was at my parents house, having Easter brunch, and I was actually in a good mood. Then, I really got upset for no reason at all. I left their place (my mom was angry that I left, even though I tried to explain to her that I wasn't feeling well), and when I got home, I had a very powerful urge to take a nap.

When I woke up, I wondered what the hell had gotten into me today, and why I got so upset and irritable out of the blue, and then I checked the internet and saw the earthquakes, and saw that people in Phoenix had felt the earthquakes!

I know that dogs and other animals get premonitions about earthquakes, but has anyone else ever had behavioral changes besides me, before an earthquake?

This was extremely weird... even for me.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hearing that there could be fatalities near the epicenter, No word from there yet but there is a high chance of damage and death,

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
5.30pm Caltech pasadena there will be a news conference.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I would think the LHC would be more of the culprit than HAARP. It's been running for what a few months now and we've had major earthquakes all over the world ever since.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wow , a 7.2 that lasted 45 seconds is major. Thankfully California is built well. Hopefully the damage will be minimum.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

What's that in 50 minutes?

Can anyone please find a link so we can all watch the conference?

If I find one by the time it's on I'll link it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
News conference notes:

19 miles south of Mexicali

Mag 7.2 started at 3.40

Fault is pretty long 50 miles

No idea of fault line yet.

Many faults in that area,
Waiting for field investigations to define fault,

West of the San Andreas.

looks like a strike slip fault

Swarm has been going on for about a year, last week swarms where higher in the area,

Risk of larger one going down to 4% as the hours pass,

A 6 in the next few days likely,

[edit on 4-4-2010 by asala]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by asala]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by asala

What's that in 50 minutes?

Can anyone please find a link so we can all watch the conference?

If I find one by the time it's on I'll link it.

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thank you!

Just in time too!

Those just getting here now can watch the rest.

I've got it going now

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Some guy on GLP kinda predicted it this morning :

MAJOR EARTHQUAKE TO HIT @3:33 PM ET IN THE GULF OF MEXICO!!

Let's say the guy had a vision, saying Gulf and Mexico, he would think it's Gulf Of Mexico...

It hit at 3:40PM California time.
It was in the Gulf of Baha.
It was in Mexico.

Make that of what you want...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Injuries reported after the 7.2-magnitude earthquake south of Mexicali but no deaths at this time according to CNN espanol

This is the largest in 18 years!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Felt it up here in L.A. It shook for a while but nothing violent. I can only imagine what it must have felt like right near the epicenter if we're feeling it all the way up here.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Aha! I think my theory is right!

She just said that the EQ went NORTH along the fault up into Cali.

This is beginning to answer my suspicions.

Baja California is Growing!

It is probably a super slow process though. The geological record does indicate cataclysms are possible, although very rare.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
At first I thought it was just the washing machine spinning, until it got stronger.

The shampoo fell over in my shower, my kids started freaking out, and it lasted a long time, but it was pretty minor overall here in San Diego.

There is a report of a local teenager panicking and running out of the house, falling down the stairs and breaking his leg.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
Felt it up here in L.A. It shook for a while but nothing violent. I can only imagine what it must have felt like right near the epicenter if we're feeling it all the way up here.

The geologist at the conference said that people NORTH of the epicenter felt the quake more.

And those SOUTH of it felt it less.

So you could have been Closer to it, and felt it less, depending on your direction from the epicenter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join