It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Brewing In Scotland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Over the past month three different gatherings in support of Hollie Greig have taken place in Scotland, each one bigger than the last. The one on Thursday in Edinburgh attracted some 70 people. On facebook 'Hollies Army' has grown to over 20,000 people.

The scandal involves the apparent government cover-up of an establishment child abuse ring in Aberdeen, the subversion of the democratic process in the electoral constituency of Aberdeen South, the murder of Hollie's uncle (and its cover-up), and the arrest of an independent journalist whilst the establishment media covers it all up.

Here are the relevant facts:

* Hollie Greig is today a 30 year old woman with Down’s Syndrome.

* In 2000 she revealed to her mother, Anne, that she had been sexually abused for 14 years by her father and a number of other people in Aberdeen.

* Hollie NAMED her abusers, and a number of other children who had been abused by them.

* The abusers included a prominent Sheriff, a senior Policeman (since deceased), social workers and nurses in Aberdeen.

* Medical evidence backed up her claims and Grampian police accepted she was a truthful witness.

* NONE of the named abusers (apart from her father and brother) were interviewed by Grampian police.

* £13,500 damages were later paid to Hollie for a crime that had never been investigated.

* After reporting Hollie’s allegations to Grampian police, Hollie’s mother Anne was abducted from her home and sectioned in a mental hospital. An independent psychiatrist later said there was nothing wrong with her.

* Hollie’s uncle burned to death in a car soon after catching her father in the act of abusing her. The authorities stated he had committed suicide. When Anne Greig finally obtained his autopsy report however it showed he had received A FRACTURED SKULL, A FRACTURED BREASTBONE AND BROKEN RIBS.

* Scotland’s Lord Advocate Elish Angiolini (the Procurator Fiscal (chief prosecutor)in Aberdeen when Hollie’s allegation were being made and then not investigated) is hiring Glasgow law firm Levy & McRae to send letters to all of the media in Scotland threatening them with legal action if they report this scandal.

* In 2009 BBC Scotland and BBC Panorama became involved in the case. The BBC investigator said that this was a scandal that would “go around the world.” Later on however the planned programmes were dropped, and it was claimed the reporters would be sacked if they broadcast this scandal.

* In February 2010 the journalist Robert Green travelled to Aberdeen to put out leaflets about this case. He is also intending to stand as a single issue candidate in the General Election to publicise it. On arrival in Aberdeen he was arrested by Grampian police. As well as stopping him from standing as a candidate at the election, the bail conditions seek to prevent him from discussing this scandal.

More info:
www.stolenkids-hollie.blogspot.com
justice4hollie.blogspot.com/
Facebook group: ‘We won’t allow the state to cover up the Hollie Greig paedophile scandal’

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There is already a thread started on this. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also you have made this same post on that thread, so you are aware the thread exists. I don't think you are allowed to make duplicate posts.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Also you have made this same post on that thread, so you are aware the thread exists. I don't think you are allowed to make duplicate posts.

The other thread is in the Politics forum.

This is in a differant forum

T&C allow that.

Anyhow the case is soo important, with medical evidense, proof of conspiracy, murder, assault, kidnapping, child abuse on all levels...

But very few seem to care or want to do anyhting about it.

So I am glad the OP is bringing this information out into the open.

Elf

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OurManInGlasgow

I've never heard of this case until today bud. I had a look at the video on your other thread and skimmed through some articles (well, it is saturday night after all, I have a thirst to quench
) and to be honest with you I know this will upset me even more than it already has. It left a wee tear in my eye and vaguely reminded me of the movie Changeling with Angelina Jolie, which is based on a true story.

This type of thing is more than demonised in Scotland. Obviously the same can be said about other countries but many don't understand the Scottish mentailty when it comes to hearing about things like this; a kid being abused in such a manner by those who are there to protect the vulnerable.

I've seen what mob rule can do to sexual deviants. Especially in this town. Seeing parents and kids shouting "Kill him!" as people rain blows with hammers and machetes to a paedophile isn't a pretty sight. What else are they supposed to do when these guys walk free? I was very surprised this hasn't had more coverage in the media until I read about the threats being handed out. Perhaps this will open into something much bigger than it is.

Perhaps this also goes deeper than most care to think. Remember the Orkney scandal? The one in Jersey too very recently and of course endless accounts of people being sexually and physically abused in the care system of this country.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

Excellent points itchy...the 100 year secrecy order imposed on the police report into the Dunblane massacre come to mind as well, as well as Tony Blair's apparent ordering of the press not to report on Operation Ore several years ago.

Apparently the BBC found evidence of other networks before the plug was pulled on their investigation. And I think there's a fear among the investigators into this that other similar networks exist throughout the country. (See www.ukcolumn.org/2010/02/02/child-rapists-protected-by-the-state/)

I'm totally against mob violence...that is really horrible. But personally speaking when I came across this case about five weeks ago the evidence was just so overwhelming that I felt that if I did nothing then that would be like just turning a blind eye to it...and that is just something that I won't do.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This is one of those "theories" that conspiracists love because it can never be brought to conclusion. And that's because the evidence of a woman with Down's Syndrome cannot be relied on in court, so those men who sexually abused her will go untried in front of a jury of their peers.

I think the British state recognised, however, that the lady had been abused because they awarded financial compensation, on the test of "balance of probability". But the test in a criminal court is "beyond reasonable doubt" ... and that's where the woman's case falls down, unfortunately.

Combine that with some utter incompetence by the authorities & some clumsy legal threats and you have a conspiracy which will just run and run.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Hollie gave the names of about 18 people who had abused her, as well as six other children who were abused by them. NONE of them (apart from Hollie's father and brother) were interviewed by Grampian police.

So there is a simple way to put this "theory" to bed...and that is for the authorities to actually investigate it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Is this the so called case, that involved members of the British government etc? I recall hearing about this incident on David Icke

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

There's no virtue in investigating claims which cannot be brought to court. And that's the bottom line of it, it's a waste of police & fiscal time and resources.

But the option is there for the lady herself to bring a civil action against those men, if that is her wish, a civil action where the test is on the balance of probabilities and not the higher test. That would be an onerous task with someone of normal intelligence. I don't believe either she or her agent has ever done that.

But whether a person with Down's Syndrome has sufficient mental capacity to know what she is doing in matters legal is much up for debate.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I have to say I find it somewhat amusing that people are coming on here and calling this a "so-called" case and a "conspiracy theory." Given the astonishing evidence involved in it I can only conclude that such people would pretty much dismiss anything as being a "conspiracy theory"...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Ulala, have you ever thought of applying for a job with Grampian Police? It sounds as if you are just the kind of person who would be most welcome there...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I don't like the tone of what you said there. If you're suggesting that I condone or defend the sexual abuse of young people or those who have a mental deficiency, I suggest you to take that to a website hosted in the United Kingdom and we'll take it from there.

Grampian Police accepted the girl had been sexually abused because medical tests indicated that was the case. And from that came financial compensation from the public purse.

There's no DNA evidence available. Unfortunately there's only her allegation that her Father, Brother abused her & that her Father made her available to other men for sexual purposes.

It's her word against the word of others. That wouldn't stand up in court for anyone, least of all someone with Down's Syndrome.

How would you bring this to a legal resolution, if you were Lord Advocate ?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

"How would you bring this to a legal resolution, if you were Lord Advocate ?"

Umm...by actually making Grampian police investigate the complaint???

And by the way I don't think the moderators and other ATS users will be too happy with you for your apparent threat to sue me for my reply above...:-)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Well, well, Sunday mornings I guess must be when the Trolls love to come out to play...:-)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Well, if I have never heard of it before then I will call it "so called case", simples, yes?

I was unaware this was related to the case, on David Icke's website, which is linked to members of the British establishment.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Please join the FB Group to get justice for Hollie Greig here....

www.facebook.com...

You can also join newssenses and download leaflets to hand out, get more info on this story and join the interactive chat.

www.newssenses.com...

Please do all you can to get justice for Hollie, write to your MP's, MEP's, write to the mainstream media and your local press and radio stations. Be part of the change, enough is enough!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

You are wrong in how you present this.

The Childrens Act just one of many laws, that have been ignored in this case, and they have strict guidelines that have to be followed when such things are reported. These have not been observed in this case.

There also is evidence as you point out, the medical evidence; she had an STD an early age.

Trust me, I have worked in the Care industry with people like Holly, been to the case meetings, the multidisciplinary case conferences etc. How this has been handled is NOT the normal way of reacting to such claims. I have seen bigger responses with the police and Child Protection with much much less claims, and no medical evidence than in the Holly case.

The Social Workers, Police, Doctors none of them have followed their guidelines, and LEGAL responsibilities to Holly, and Legal obligations to follow certain set down procedure in such a case and their job roles.

It is not so much the police investigation, without such a thing, the Social Services etc do things in such cases that have nothing to do with the police, and act in their remit to immediately ensure the protection of the Child. This was not done.

This is not how you portray it, in the real world what has happened here is not how any other such claim I have ever heard about has been approached.

If anyone who has ever worked in such a field will agree, the amount of immediate and in depth investigation, and protection placed around such a person as holly that occurs even if there is an inkling of any abuse is very swift, occurs from several different agencies at once and all encompassing.

I truly have seen more intervention, and actions taken around a person who just raised their voice, that is shouted at such a child as holly. Never mind the STD found and verbal evidence she has given.

The burden of defence in such cases lands immediately on the accused, not the other way round. This is due to the "Vulnerable" aspect of Holly and such others. This is not handled ever usually in the same way as a woman walking into a police station and saying she was Raped. It is very different in cases with a Vulnerable adult or Child involved.

In addition you are wrong, she can give evidence, though of course it would normally then be extracted in such a way to ensure any validity including the use of Social Workers, Psychologist, and also Psychiatrists. How do you think normal children give such evidence? using dolls and toys to show what happened, sometimes even in very young victims, what you try and paint is a world where this does not normally happen.

Every single policy, procedure normal modus operandi has been broken in this case, from the point of the medical staff involved, the social workers and police. I know this from personal working experience.

The icing on the cake is the threats to the BBC journalists who did not continue with the flagship Panorama Programme, oh and of course the sectioning of the Mum when she had nothing wrong with her, and not lets forget the legal moves taken to stop any press in Scotland reporting this.

If no abuse happened here, and Holly is imagining it is a mute point to be honest from one angle, because no matter a Cock up of gigantic proportions has been shown in those who are involved in this, in regard to what they have a legal responsibility to do in such cases, and what actions they HAVE to take to discharge this legal responsibility.

I find it hard to believe that a Doctor, Many police, Social Workers et al, would all make such large cock ups at the same in the same case, and none of them followed the normal course of actions they have to do in their job roles.

Wake up a bit. Just last week in the UK a woman was fined, put on curfew, and Tagged with an Electronic tracker for selling a goldfish to an 14 yr old.

You seriously think an vulnerable Child presents to the Doctor and an STD is found, and pysiologically it is shown (as is done and was) that she has had sexual intercourse. Let me explain, in such a case the police, social workers would be there in less than an bat of an eyelid, the child would be removed from the family home in secure accommodation within an hour, and a very detailed investigation would happen.

What happened here, Holly went home with her mum (would never happen) and the accused just have one interview with police... yea right! This is not how things happen in Britain in such cases, it just never does for the reasons shown.

Something certainly is brewing in Scotland indeed.

Elf

[edit on 4-4-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
David icke

I believe this is the link... This forces me to pause and think

I cant help but imagine the whole outcome makes you think doesnt.. All the arguments over the crap on the HRB.

Then a nasty piece of evidence like this pops up.

Well I know disinformation is around the corner where is it...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

I don't like the tone of what you said there. If you're suggesting that I condone or defend the sexual abuse of young people or those who have a mental deficiency, I suggest you to take that to a website hosted in the United Kingdom and we'll take it from there.

Grampian Police accepted the girl had been sexually abused because medical tests indicated that was the case. And from that came financial compensation from the public purse.

There's no DNA evidence available. Unfortunately there's only her allegation that her Father, Brother abused her & that her Father made her available to other men for sexual purposes.

It's her word against the word of others. That wouldn't stand up in court for anyone, least of all someone with Down's Syndrome.

How would you bring this to a legal resolution, if you were Lord Advocate ?

I'm still reading through the posts in this thread but I had to reply to this before I continue further ...

It is people like you ... with such an attitude of discrimination and dismisal >>>quote>end quote

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
First time I heard of this case, was the Dunblane massacre. Some, allege, the gunmen was involved in the paedophile ring-operating in the area. Personally, I am not sure, but it was a story I heard from David Icke.

It is one of the most emotive and poignant untold stories in British history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join