It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions will lose unemployment benefit extensions April 5th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

You know how people always talk about stories to tell their children and grandkids...The story we will all have and are seeing unfold before our eyes is one for all time.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Damn right they are. I see it to and I am sure there are many more that see it. Don't know what the agenda is but it would be a quick way to martial law. War, debt, and now this. I can only see people taking it for so long before they flip their lids.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Maybe we should start a WE THE PEOPLE corporation and hire lobbyists to go into congress to get them to vote our way. We can promise to fund their campaigns if they vote the way we want.

You see, it appears you are right. If this were about lobbyists it would be that simple. But it isn't, there seems to be a concerted effort here...a conspiracy to bring down the nation and provoke a confrontation of some sort. There are rationale things that could be done to appease the population but they seem to be thumbing their nose at the American people.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Smell The Roses

I swear they are DARING the American public to civil unrest.

i swear thats what it looks like

WTF!?

This issue will be a good way to tell if they want us to have civil unrest. And every other time they have done something so I dont think they want that. But I could be wrong and this will let us know for a fact. If they do nothing many people will begin to lose everything millions at one time and that will crush this economy and any hope of recovery we had.

And to all of you out there that have jobs this effects you to. Because it will cascade into everything and the economy will cease to exist like it does now. You will probably lose your job and house and the very fabric of America might rip apart.

Millions loosing everything this can not be good.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

this upsets me... my country has failed me, my country has failed everyone.
I am upset, and angry...

and this is probably the same feeling as everyone else....

Forefathers, where art thee!?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I just thought of something.
Is this when the SHTF? Like the saying gets used a lot. This could be it.

I smell a whole lot of S hitting the F when this goes down.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Subjective Truth

this upsets me... my country has failed me, my country has failed everyone.
I am upset, and angry...

and this is probably the same feeling as everyone else....

Forefathers, where art thee!?

Just remember dont lose faith in the common man and yourself. Many good and honest people live in this great country and no matter how far it falls we will climb our way back up. And you can take that to the bank.

This story is going to be everywhere in a couple of days when people realise what is happening. And the screaming will be so loud they will have to hear it. I truly hope they do something and do it it fast because if they dont it could lead to very bad times in America and that is not a prediction it is common sense.

And also remember you are no alone. So take comfort in that knowledge.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
I just thought of something.
Is this when the SHTF? Like the saying gets used a lot. This could be it.

I would say these are the components of a perfect storm. Crack down on militias, pass an unpopular version of health care reform, tax people, ignore the constitution, spy on citizens, wage war everywhere in the world, send all the manufacturing overseas, and when people lose their job cut off their money...yeah that could possibly do it.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Get *SNIP* job, *SNIP*
It's really not that hard

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
But they have trillions for billionaires when they need a bailout, or to pay those huge bonuses to their top executives.

States are sending IOU's for tax returns as well.

No jobs, can't find any, been laid off for months, unemployment benefits running out. Losing your home, your car, everything!

People with nothing to lose (literally) will be the first to stand up to this government.

What does that say about the rest of us?

How many will watch and do nothing as they are taken down, jailed or worse?

Interesting, perhaps dangerous times lie ahead.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolmanmike
Get a F***in job you pieces of s**t

Obviously you must be a kid or a young man. So I will give you little life lesson that you dad or mom should have given you. This is not how you make points in the real world it might work with your school buddies or Mary Jane rotten crotch but in the real world it shows ignorance and a lack of respect.

I do hope you learn this lesson before you decide to reproduce with Mary Jane because this attitude will pass on and just like your dad should have stepped up and showed you the rules you should step to the plate and be a man and learn respect. Because on the Internet it is only words in real life it is a whole different matter and unless you want to spend your whole life fighting I suggest you grow up.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolmanmike
Get a F***in job you pieces of s**t

Mills have gone out in Alabama. MSM is attacking foreign cars which will kill our last bit of industry. But just go on and tell everyone to get a job. They are so abundant that I am sure they will understand. I mean its their fault that they don't have jobs, not our government pushing them out.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
If even half of the people who lose their benefits join the crowds that are supposed to be gathering on April 19th, they just may be the fuse on that particular powder keg.

Yup... that one is going to be a disaster.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I feel for you guys, i know what desperation feels like, i spent a few years living on the streets, #ty thing is i came to like it.
Heres some advice, if you find yourself in a situation and theres nothing you can do about it, you have to look at it as a learning experience a chance to grow, no point holding onto angry destructive thoughts.

Prepare yourself mentally because you will reach new lows, you will also find that fairly quickly you will become happier with less.
So many people will be in the same boat as you and i was constantly amazed by the generosity of those who have pretty much nothing, but what they did have they were willing to share, always be prepared to share what you have.
If you can play an instrument keep it safe, think about your safety there are some real assholes out there that like to pick on the homeless.

Summer is coming and being outside isnt that bad, prepare your equipment in advance i found that three pairs of everything was enough to get by on it also means that you can wash it all in one go at a launderette, make sure that one set of your clothes are good enough for a job interview keep these bagged in plastic to keep them dry and fresh, you never know when your luck will change.
Look after your feet, this isnt as easy as it sounds if you dont have access to washing facilities but it is important.
Dont be afraid to go to soup runs or other sources of free food, they will be glad to see you.

I had a dog with me,(jack russell called patch) he was the best company i could ever have hoped for when i was feeling low he knew it, nothing cheers you up more if you are a dog lover than a wagging tail and playfulness, Also great way to protect yourself, dogs become very protective when living outside with you.
he used to feed himself on dropped take out chicken ( a habit i could never break him of afterwards, i really really miss him).
Sometimes they are great icebreakers with people who then talk to you and if you tell them whats happening to you 9 out of 10 times people show generosity towards you, dog owners in particular are friendly and generous.

The PTB are uncaring and unthinking they regard you as free loaders while taking more in a year than you would get in a lifetime, it makes me so bloody angry to think that people have to go through this, normally through no fault of their own.
Lack of opportunity, lack of work, lack of care, lack of true interest in what happens to the people, lack of interest in anything than their own fat greedy bastard *unting selves.

If anyone needs advice about anything related to this post U2U me and ill provide as much help and support as i can.

Oh yeah always make sure you have a way to start a fire, if you can keep warm thats half the battle, remember though arson is a serious crime because it levels buildings so be careful where you start them.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

I appreciated your post and common sense is always a good thing hopefully they get this in order so people do not have to find out what it is like to truly live hard. Thank you!!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hello everyone.

I do not live in America. Once a while back i was planning to go on a vacation to see the beauty of the country, but i detered because i feared for my rights and safety when stepping on American soil.

I have truly been blessed, because i live in a very wealthy country that sits through almost everything. The Netherlands. We have problems like every other country, but it is nothing compared to america or even other european countries.

I have had nothing but luxury in my live and i feel a bit of shame when i hear all your stories. My heart wishes you all the best of luck in the oncoming trying times and hope America will regain a sensibel government that truly upholds the constitution. The netherlands is complicit to this whole mess way up to their so I hope we will not slip through the net this time around and face the full set of consequences of our economic blindness, maddness and what not so that we feel what you feel and know that our ignorance has cost us dearly.

Best of luck with the rebuilding of your country.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Anybody else think Obama is the Fing Antichrist?

Daniel 8:25 (King James version)

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Daniel 7: 24-25 (KJV)

24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

I've underlined a few curious words in a few verses that depict the antichrist in the King James. I just thought of this and found it very interesting so I hope you all do to.

"And he shall be diverse from the first"
Let's face it he's both culturally, ethnically, and religously diverse then any of our other presidents. (NOT BEING RACIST)

"and think to change times and laws"
Obamas Campaign was change, change, and change.
His health care plan and other agendas are are changing our constitutional laws.

I'm sure someone has done a post about this in the past but Obama care is stripping this country down to nothing. Now he wants to kick the people that are already down by taking away the little financial support they get in such hard economic times. I'm not preaching just wanted to show my feelings towards this man.

Antichrist!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What the hell? How can people live without government assistance with no job? I'm here in Oz but I'm on unemployment benefits since I quit my job at the end of January this year. It's been harder than I thought finding a job, without the $230 I get a fortnight while looking for work, my mum would throw me out on the street. Yes I live at home I'm only 20. Seriously, can they really do that? What would people do with $0 income holy crap!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
THIS WILL NOT be good. TBTB(purposely misspelled, think "b" as in female dog) Have no regard for the sufferings of their fellow man, as this is a game of antagonization, social engineering and the pushing of an agenda.

The intention is no different than a kid verbally taunting a bigger kid, in order to provoke a fight...in so many ways they are doing the same.

"We The People" long ago, the world over, have traded the power of self reliance from ourselves collectively, to a few, and as such, we have laid ourselves open to their whims.

And the entire time they have played. They plotted and they taunted. We here in america I believe are the last. Ignorantly prideful and rebelious we slowly became what we see today, detached from free will by their silent games they(TBTB) now assert that it is now our turn to fall. We've been fattened up for the slaughter literally...think about it, the fattest nation on earth, we've seen the shift from cooking @ home to eating out of cars and diners and from raising our kids ourselves, to msm and government replacing the parents. And not to mention boxing in personal freedoms by dubious laws that erode basic freedoms.

To effectively defeat an enemy, you must approach from many sides, and they have done it. Slowed down with processed foods, doped up thru chemicals in everything ingested, brainscrambled through media and subtle messages and working not for yourself, or the man next to you, but for currency. We are in trouble.

With the BTB in control of all these things, currency to food, they now want to end the game. And they are relishing the power as they want it absolutely.

Force desparate people into even more dire situations, the instinct goes to survival, and by any means. Faced with collosal loss, fine people will act at the basic level, and with a promise to end it, TBTB ask you to be their slaves. Unquestionably.

If not, they will exclude you from the willing slaves and.....neutralize the rebels.

Martial law? Possible. Random bombings to incite fear? Possible. Villianizing free thought? Done.

On a moral level, this is so wrong, forcing people out, who've worked hard and only want to provide for self. Self being the individual and their families. Now the people will be angry.....

[edit on 2-4-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

You know how people always talk about stories to tell their children and grandkids...The story we will all have and are seeing unfold before our eyes is one for all time.

What is the story going to be ? 'we saw the chaos far long before it was here, but we chose to wait and see if it realy was going to hit, sorry grand children, we could have done something, but..' ..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join