It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I never imagined the town hall Nazis would go quite so mad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I never imagined the town hall Nazis would go quite so mad

www.dailymail.co.uk

None of the horde of new public servants is providing anything most people would remotely consider to be a public service.

Take the council threatening to close down burger vans, which don't offer 'healthy options'.

What gives them the right to do that? It's none of their business what people eat, especially when they can't do the jobs they are paid for, namely keeping the streets clean and emptying the dustbins?

The 'services' we pay for and depend on are appalling. Town halls employ legions of jobsworths to find out what we want to do and then stop us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
A government gone mad, they are outlawing the most trivial things. They hire and pay huge salaries to a new council for almost every new law.

As horrid as this paints their government, I believe we can expect our U. S. government to buy the same paint for us in the states.

I think it's a good plan for everyone to read this and realize just how ridiculously insane a government can get, in a very short amount of time, all in the name of "hope and change".

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
better buckle up UK
it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
civil war is gettin started in US
best wishes over there

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I am not sure if you are just trying to start internet rumors or if you are being a troll.

There is no civil war starting here. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Hundreds of people from Kendal, in the Lake District, turned out for a Freddie Mercury tribute concert at a local leisure centre. As the band reached its finale, the singer urged everyone to get up and dance, whereupon the venue's manager pulled the plug on the sound system mid-song.

Dancing is apparently in breach of regulations. A spokesman for the local council said: 'We hope this did not take away the enjoyment of the event.' And another one bites the dust.

Thanks for this one as I was simultaneously banging my head against the keyboard and laughing. Articles like this make me wish I really was insane as it would be easier.

Dancing? What are we in the fifties now? And did that killer ever get fined for dumping the body on the wrong day? I'd bet that's a stiffer penalty than murder nowadays.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This is where the US is headed.

It takes three studies to decide where to place a frelling loo rest stop on our highways. 50k each. Then, they build the rest stops for over 2.5 million each.

I need a place to crap, it does not have to be a damn castle.

Jeez.

I think this HAS to be on purpose. Has to be. To create the economic meltdown.

I mean really. Just 40 years ago things were running pretty damn good.

What ever happened to frugality. Hell in the states we have two different parties that try to outspend each other. Of course this one has thrown ALL meanings of thrift out the frelling window. Might just as well pave the streets of Washington with gold.............hell PLATINUM.

Oh well, when everyone except the elite are dirt poor, I guess us fiscal conservatives can say-

I TOLD YOU SO!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Year upon year we see rises in what we are charged by the local councils, while overall services are cut.
Years ago, before the big outsourcing fad started, nearly all of the services provided were done so in house. People providing those services used to get proper training, some of it being skilled work with proper apprenticeships schemes and college education. Now, most things are outsourced, to lowest bidders or friends of the execs at the same lodge!
The councils are also now bloated bureaucracies, with worthless gay / lesbian / ethnic / parking / "diversity" directors and their staffs, not to mention all the assoiated enforcement units. Are they needed? Do they provide a service to the community? Of course they don't and we managed just fine without them.
What they do though is suck up vast amounts of taxpayers money, for absolutely no return on our investment.

It also seems that many of these newer departments are geared towards telling us all what we can / cannot do, eat, think! That IS NOT what we pay local councils for and is way outside of their original remit.
It's time we took our townhalls back and cut out all the waste and deadwood that is endemic these days. Make those that remain work and make them accountable again to the local residents, who thay are supposed to serve.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
You should see what the nut cases in brent council did to my life, raving looney toons. they think they can run your life, and its none of there business.

The thing that gets me is they are wrong about everything they made up about me, and its amazing these dunce people even have jobs.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
all those different level 'council' prople are career politicians using their current position as a rung up the political ladder,
and their actions, votes, stand-on-issues, are all based on their immediate
need...

find a worthy candidate to oppose the incumbents, or run for the positions you say are held by imbiciles

this applies in either UK or US

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It was all good when they did it to the smokers - now suck it up folks, its your turn!

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well. al least dear old England has one thing left - a terrific writer. I had NO IDEA of just how far gone the political madness was over there. YE GODS! Park benches the wrong height for the disabled, diversity directors, global warming bobbies....
Is this where America is headed?
I pray not.
Thatcher started this mess, not Gordo.
Once we Americans liberate ourselves we'll be landing in Cornwall to save you!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
better buckle up UK
it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
best wishes over there

I'm with you brother! You lead us! Who are we going after first? Cops?
Federal workers? Politicians? Do we start with local politicians or go after the big dogs? Are we going to give them a trial or just stringem up?
Can we go after my neighbor who never mows his yard? I hate that guy.

Who is our enemy? Simple question I have asked over and over and about all I ever get for an answer is "those that deny us our Liberty" What...like the Highway patrol, IRS, etc.

If there is a civil war; it will be a race war.

God help us!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

God help us!

No, I'm going with the Titor prediction.

Urban vs. rural with rural winning because the urbanites just starve to death when the rurals block the exits to the cities and no one comes to restock their grocery stores.

Yes, and God help us!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Dancing? What are we in the fifties now? And did that killer ever get fined for dumping the body on the wrong day? I'd bet that's a stiffer penalty than murder nowadays.

There are conservative religious groups that still frown on dancing. Lots in Texas.

You know the old joke:

Why don't Southern Baptists have sex standing up?

It might lead to dancing.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I don't know, thing are looking like boondock-saint could be correct.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This country needs to regain control of it's government, it's our job. To let them continue as they have been is irresponsible and dangerous to the entire world.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by whaaa

God help us!

No, I'm going with the Titor prediction.

Urban vs. rural with rural winning because the urbanites just starve to death when the rurals block the exits to the cities and no one comes to restock their grocery stores.

Yes, and God help us!

Perhaps you should read some post apocalyptic fiction like "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy or W. M. Millers "A Canticle for Leibowitz" to get a taste of what could lay in store. You might even find this interesting...tothewire.wordpress.com...

Rurals blocking exits to the cities is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.
It's a numbers game and the poor rurals would be overwhelmed in a heartbeat. Do you think the Urban gangs are not thinking along the same lines of SHTF senarios?

I can see how a race war is so abhorrent that it would be hard to even conceptualize. But it would only take a few KKK or white supremacist types to kick it off.

Titor

[edit on 29-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What do people want when they get a little power?

More Power!

It is by far more addictive than any drug. More dangerous too.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Good grief, dancing? Isn't dancing an act of expression, freedom, happiness, and love? Hasn't the art of dancing been around for thousands of years?

It is like these people want to completely squash any act that might be considered fun, joyful, or uniting.

Instead, they want us all to conform, consume, obey and inevitably die.

It is as if they want us all to be mindless automatons.

new topics

top topics

join