It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama caught lieing about his Uncle. Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Seriously, I have seen this man lie in our faces, so I wouldn't be surprised that he would make such an egregious lie as this one as well.

Do not believe this man anymore. I highly doubt that come August, our troops will be liberated like he said, he probably knew that by then the criminals in the white house will come up with a new reason to deploy even more troops to their deaths and innocent civilians to be killed in the process too. My what a marvelous depopulation machine they have in these pointless wars going, these eugenicist will lie to high heaven to push their agenda.

I wish the damn media would do their jobs and call him out on this stuff, why did he lie about his uncle?

Why is this CIA shill running America?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe he was trying to up stage hillarys story about her dodging sniper fire?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Interesting.

I'll play devil's advocate, though.

Could he have been referring to a different family member and a different concentration camp?

Big leap, I know. But is it possible?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Didnt' the video say he didn't have any family who fought for the US in WW2?

Besides that, its kind of difficult to say Aushwitz and mean a differant camp. After all, that is probably the most infamous camps.

It would be like saying you got a burger at Mcdonalds, when you actually got a burger from a vending machine.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

What I heard on the video was that the Russians liberated Aushwitz, and obama didn't have someone in the army. I took that to mean maybe he had an uncle in another branch of service....but its definitely a LOOOOONg stretch.

You are certainly right about Aushwitz and getting those names confused.

Oh, well. I was just trying to be a little lenient.....

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here I quote the late Carl Sagan in his last book "The Demon-Haunted World":

"President Ronald Reagan, who spent World War Two in Hollywood, vividly described his own role in liberating Nazi concentration camp victims. Living in the film world, he apparently confused a movie he had seen with a reality he had not. On many occasions in his Presidential campaigns, Mr Reagan told an epic story of World War Two courage and sacrifice, an inspiration for all of us. Only it never happened, it was the plot of the movie "A Wing And A Prayer" - that made quite an impression on me, too, when I saw it at age 9. Many other instance of this sort can be found in Reagan's public statements."

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sounds like numerous politicians.

Remember the Hillary claim of flying in under fire?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zebra777

Reagan was also believed to be suffering a mental illness also.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is not about mental illness, it is about constantly rehashing the Holohoax gospel and make it appear credible by quoting non-existant personal stories about it, in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zebra777

Yes, Reagan was putting in personal stories about something he saw in a movie, because he actually thought those were his memories, because of the mental illness.

Unless Obama is suffering something along those same lines then why bring it up?

By the way your little play on the word holocaust is wonderful, did you make that up between snack and naptime?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why bring it up? But because the two events are strikingly similar buddy.

Both the liars are Presidents of the US and in both cases the lie is nearly exactly the same...

Isn't that enough?

And btw it is interesting that you jump on Sagan's explanation of Reagan's lies about his personal role in liberating concentration camps inmates in WWII, taking it for granted he was simply confusing things.

Whereas I quoted the whole paragraph I do not share this interpretation at all because the speeches of those politicians are all scripted as we know...

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Zebra777]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why, you ask? Because he is a LIAR! He is doing what liars do best, telling lies! IN fact, almost every time his mouth opens and sound comes out, it is most likely a lie!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My personal opinion on why Obama would lie, putting aside the fact that he's a politician so the more obvious question is why wouldn't he, is that he tries to be all things to all people all the time.

Obama is very good at presenting himself as an: I am just like you.... type of politician. This "lie" fits right into that.

He's hit all the major areas: poor upbringing, Islamic roots, relatives in poorer foreign countries, Christian faith, rise from the rubble-type trip to the White House, minority, infidelity in his marriage, white roots, single-parent upbringing, children in school, etc.

This falls right into line with his overall campaign hype of being all things to all people all the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What? No one made the obvious conclusion and stated that Obama is a communist?

Maybe I am just sleepy, but it's tough material to make a good joke from.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So this is how the neocons plan to distract from the successful passage of the Healthcare reform bill? Old news from 2008 already clarified:

Update: Obama's campaign clarified the comments about the candidate's great-uncle liberating Auschwitz, saying Obama was "mistaken," and was referring to Buchenwald, not Auschwitz. "Senator Obama's family is proud of the service of his grandfather and uncles in World War II – especially the fact that his great uncle was a part of liberating one of the concentration camps at Buchenwald," said spokesman Bill Burton.

www.cbsnews.com...

U.S. forces liberated the Buchenwald concentration camp near Weimar, Germany, on April 11, 1945, a few days after the Nazis began evacuating the camp.

www.ushmm.org...

He misspoke regarding which camp. Big whoop.

Birthers and Neocons are pathetic. And so is FOX News.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
He "misspeaks" a lot. Not necessarily more than any other politician, but that's not exactly something to be proud of either.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I can't believe the OP brings up 2 year old news that's already been hashed out on ATS. Are we going to have to hear ALL the conspiracies about Obama all over again, just because Health Care passed?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just saw it's in the "Breaking News" forum, too!

What's the next thread? "Where's Obama's birth Certificate"? Or "Obama: The Secret Muslim"?

Lord!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zebra777
Why bring it up? But because the two events are strikingly similar buddy.

Both the liars are Presidents of the US and in both cases the lie is nearly exactly the same...

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Zebra777]

Well, you're wrong in several respects. The lie is not "nearly exactly the same."

With Reagan, the man was 70-something years old and was suffering mid-stage dementia. He survived an assasination attempt where he caught a frangible slug in the chest that nearly killed him. And he was, if I remember correctly, in the final year of a VERY difficult second term.

With Obama, the man is 40 some-odd years old and has been videotaped telling multiple lies. He, by all accounts, does not have a neurocognitive disorder. The Speaker of the House in a press conference addressed (and tried to excuse) his repeated lies by saying something to the effect that "people say all kinds of things during a political campaign." Barack Obama is a compulsive liar and a psychopath, and will likely tell more lies until he is voted out of office.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why?
Because he's a liar? Didnt you get that by now?

Can we acknowledge that those ellected to presidency are merely puppets?
Yes we can

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
well it just goes to show you, he is Presidential material...
he can lie to a nation, he just picked the wrong one to lie in.
so lets stop him, before it turns into a country he can get away with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join