It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photo Touted As Best Ever In Argentina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

and other interesting events Tuesday, March 09, 2010 UFO Photo Touted As Best Ever In Argentina Click images for larger version Alejandro Mikitiuk snapped this photo on December 12, 2:38 pm local time....that is being touted as the best Argentinean UFO photo of the decade. Mr. Mikitiuk was taking photos of a house that he was building on his property in the Sierras Bayas district of Olavarria, Province of Buenos Aires. Photo analysis performed by Patricio J. Barrancos yields a "positive" result: "there is a solid object in flight at low altitude and at a relative distance from the indirect witness."

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

Looks like a high speed blur but a cone shape is identified.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You've been a busy person today. 'Fraid I don't buy this one though..seems to be too close and I hazard it's something thrown across for the camera. Low altitude and relative distance could mean 6m up and 6m away.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

I don't know if this is real or not but saying it's too close is a poor argument, my sighting in 1993 was barely above tree tops, doesn't have to be obscure lights in the sky.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, too hard to say anthing...is is a half inch long near the camera flying by, or a 400 mile mothership far in the distance...or just some construction hat tossed out right before the picture was taken.

Hard to speculate with little more than a blurred color bit on the top of the screen...and again, source is important.

oh...and Aquarius1:...your sighting?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

It's a "blurd." A blurred bird. It is typical and common to see birds like this in digital photographs.

So, as for it being the "best ever," I would have to say that says a lot about the lousy state of UFO photos in Argentina.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

My sighting along with about 20 other witnesses happened in Birmingham, Michigan a Northwestern suburb of Detroit in August 1993 about 8:30 in the evening, this was a huge dull light gray triangle at least the size of a football field, the leading edge emitted a yellow glow...two men followed it for about 2 miles before it blink out in front of their eyes, as I mentioned it was barely above tree tops.. This was reported later that night on the local Fox 2 affliate...I could decribe it in more detail but this thread isn't about my sighting..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros
..seems to be too close and I hazard it's something thrown across for the camera. Low altitude and relative distance could mean 6m up and 6m away.

nomadros, could you please point out the process that you have used to determine distance to the object?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

It's a "blurd." A blurred bird. It is typical and common to see birds like this in digital photographs.

So, as for it being the "best ever," I would have to say that says a lot about the lousy state of UFO photos in Argentina.

You've basically said word-for-word the exact same thing I was going to say.

As soon as I saw the picture, "bird" popped into my mind, I certainly wouldnt be calling UFO, and "best ever"... thats insane to be calling it that!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
To say best ever I need more...

Best ever has to be from an age before photo tampering, some of the early pictures...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Was tough to tell from those tiny pictures, found the full sized format of the image....here.

With it blown up, look photo-shopped. The blur looks like it is going in every direction, not just one direction as an object in motion would.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by SaturnFX

My sighting along with about 20 other witnesses happened in Birmingham, Michigan a Northwestern suburb of Detroit in August 1993 about 8:30 in the evening, this was a huge dull light gray triangle at least the size of a football field, the leading edge emitted a yellow glow...two men followed it for about 2 miles before it blink out in front of their eyes, as I mentioned it was barely above tree tops.. This was reported later that night on the local Fox 2 affliate...I could decribe it in more detail but this thread isn't about my sighting..

Ya, I would like to read about that. Why not start a thread in the gray area..lots of details, perhaps if the news report is on youtube then slap that in there...maybe a few artist renditions of what you seen...etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So many UFO pictures look like lips to me.
Like some Great Big God in the sky parted the sky and blew it a kiss, and someone caught it on camera, and called it a UFO.

Or someone used a picture of some lips and photoshopped it in the background.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
Was tough to tell from those tiny pictures, found the full sized format of the image....here.

With it blown up, look photo-shopped. The blur looks like it is going in every direction, not just one direction as an object in motion would.

That does not look like a bird.
A bird blur is the only rational answer.
I'm sure people have duplicated bird blurs.
There is perhaps no other way to recognize a blur at that level.
But the colors.
How about the colors.
Something is messing with the colors.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It seems to have blur on two sides, almost as if it is an asymmetric shape spinning on its axis but wobbling at the same time. A bit like a bashed up top of an old copper boiler.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Some frisbee like object maybe, but a bird? C'mon, thats a stretch.
Even in the large version. Does appear to be just a few meters above the facade though.

Technically its a UFO

[edit on 18-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

Originally posted by nomadros
..seems to be too close and I hazard it's something thrown across for the camera. Low altitude and relative distance could mean 6m up and 6m away.

nomadros, could you please point out the process that you have used to determine distance to the object?

eyeballs and gut instinct...degree in art. Not scientific, but having an understanding perspective and distance when I'm being a paint-smith helps when daubing on canvas.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'd say its a large waterfowl style of bird, you can see what looks like a flapping wing in the right position and movement. Cheap camera, low shutter speed, could be anything very normal.

And hardly the best ever picture..

I'd bet good money on that being a large bird that is just caught in an odd manner.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The blog linked in the OP copied the story from another blog which itself copied the story from a google site.

The last site does not name any sources, but does supply the images in a resolution larger than in those first two blogs.

Full photo
UFO crop

Although these pictures are much better than the copied versions, the original photo is of resolution 3072 x 2304 - almost twice as large as the 1600 x 1200 resolution of the photo on the google site. Personally I don't understand why anyone would scale "the best photo of the decade" down when photos of UFOs are all about the details and quality nowadays. Either way, enjoy!

ETA: Whoops, glanced over CalibratedZeus's post in which he already linked the fullsize photo. Pardon me dp!

[edit on 18-3-2010 by scraze]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The grains go right into whatever it is.
I tend not to want to think it is any thing.
So perhaps its an award winning photo for someone.
If its that good then in a month or so copy cat UFOs will get blogged.
But the UFOs never seems to repeat.
Always different.
We can at least stand at the ready for the next UFO appearance
until the oil wells run dry and all the surviving electrons power
the generations to come.

Some one said two lips and I thought an inner tube pool.
Tesla did say we would fly across the ocean in Pullman comfort so
here is the pool. Except the Pullman no longer exists but his thought
does for some people.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This photo reeks of hoax and fail. Whoever said this is the best ever should be not allowed near a computer ever again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join