It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

worrying members comments of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure to as whether a lot of people have noticed on here that there are a lot of heated threads at the moment,

What worries me is that some of the comments I have seen are completely disgraceful or are worded correctly so they avoid a "ban" or a "warning", also comments that are completely off topic or that they do not read the thread correctly.

Another thing I have seen in such threads is of people with worrying habits etc mentioning rape, sex, paedophilia and etc etc, its not the topics name that is so much worrying it is the comments that users are putting down here and asking for a condonment of such issues, or agreeing that breaking the law is acceptable.

please members when opening up new thread and topics please take other members feeling into consideration of the nature of your post and comments.

the worst thing i want to see when i log on is to see people arguing over sadistic threads.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I see that the forum moderators are already onto some of these people, maybe it would be helpful if we had some ideas on how to upgrade the Ats site with ways to "root" these weeds out, to save every one's time and efforts instead of having threads ransacked.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There's no point in challenging the mods decision, because you will largely be met with sarcasm or be ignored.

I'm not saying all mods are like this, but over the years i've had my intelligence insulted by one mod in particular.

He/she knows who it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Lol i have to agree, i always thought trolling was not that bad of a problem, but now all i see are comments that are so closed minded, and that discriminate.

After a while your view of the site chages, just as mine has.

So its either we had a huge influx of idiots, or someone is messing with ATS.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

so why are we here if we are to be ignored and not taken seriously?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz

so why are we here if we are to be ignored and not taken seriously?

Well i for one am very wary of speaking out against this person in particular.

Luckily i've not had a run in with him/her for a while. Suits me fine.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

how do some people become mods, because I have also seen some sharp darted tongued comments via mods and very bad behavior that is ignored.
do they have VIP or something?.

Anyway i'm not here to talk about mods, ATS could do with a good weed killer idea.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

What worries me is that some of the comments I have seen are completely disgraceful or are worded correctly so they avoid a "ban" or a "warning", also comments that are completely off topic or that they do not read the thread correctly.

Yeah, I find it a little distressing that people often only seem to read the OP and then jump in 4 or so pages later with something that's already been said or discredited - an example which made me chuckle was in the "Tree of life" thread - that got debunked as being in Disneyland, not India and people were still "Wow" etc - no harm no foul there, but people just seem keen to have their voices heard and perhaps, are a little hasty. There are far worse examples of this.

Another thing I have seen in such threads is of people with worrying habits etc mentioning rape, sex, paedophilia and etc etc, its not the topics name that is so much worrying it is the comments that users are putting down here and asking for a condonment of such issues, or agreeing that breaking the law is acceptable.

Fortunately, I've not stumbled across this - where someone is condoning peadophilia. Thing is these subjects generate debate - everyone has an opinion, my reason for being here is debate and learning, I'm happy to be wrong, but I'll admit that I can be just as much of a (knee) jerk as the next guy when I see an opinion I find incredulous. If I see something that makes my blood pressure rise, I try to take a deep breath and count to ten, then be constructive - I don't always succeed. We're all human, we're all fallible.

Edit to add:

I never use the ignore feature - even posters I disrespect or have little time for can still make valid points I'd hate to miss out on.

[edit on 26/2/1010 by jokei]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
We're all human, we're all fallible.

This is a point that should not be taken lightly.

It is indeed a truth amongst truths,not to be forgotten, and encompasses everyone on these boards at one time or another.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

Originally posted by jokei
We're all human, we're all fallible.

This is a point that should not be taken lightly.

It is indeed a truth amongst truths,not to be forgotten, and encompasses everyone on these boards at one time or another.

Well, if you are to believe some of the threads on here then it seems we are not all human...www.abovetopsecret.com......just one example.

It really does seem that ATS has the biggest Alien to Human ratio in all of the world

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
sorry the links on your dna page aren't working

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I have a feeling this thread has been created in response to my tounge in cheek attempt at humour calling this site evil.

I was joking mate!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

this was made over 3hrs ago not because of your post

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Fair enough buddy.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

what i was meaning was that some of the comments posted by "certain individuals" are with criminal intent!?

new topics

top topics

join