It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama visit to Vegas will cost businesses at least $500,000 or more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Knowing President Barack Obama's visit would mean tight air restrictions over Las Vegas, Sundance Helicopters put together a plan to keep hundreds of tourists flying to the Grand Canyon for a bird's-eye tour: use the Boulder City airport rather than McCarran International Airport. Instead, the president's Southern Nevada swing today and Friday will shut down Sundance for 20 hours, along with every other helicopter and small-plane tour operator that flies out of the Las Vegas region, causing direct losses of $500,000 to $750,000, tour companies estimate.

Read more

Shutting down private businesses so he can come here for a fundraiser for Harry Reid?

Very American.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hasn't this a**hole done enough to "help" Las Vegas already!?!? The very best thing Obama can do to help America is STFU and watch television for the next 3 years!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I am so sick of this. I heard some analysis this morning that our economic recovery will START in four to five years. I don't think we'll last that long. Maybe time to move on.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The mayor here already refused an invitation to meet with Obama. Obama wants to talk about jobs while at the same time he is costing private businesses money.

The guy clearly has his head planted in his ass.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
poor, poor Las Vegas...the city founded on screwing people out of money. How is this any different than the security measures for ANY city a sitting President visits?

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Being screwed out of money?

No one forces anyone to gamble, its a personal CHOICE.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Being screwed out of money?

No one forces anyone to gamble, its a personal CHOICE.

Nice one. so answer my question, since you felt inclined to comment on the first half of my post. HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

We have more tourists here than most other cities, hence more tourism based businesses such as helicopter tours.

From the article:

The Secret Service imposed the stricter, 30-mile radius no-fly zone for tour operators, although officials wouldn't say why the limits are tougher than during Obama's first presidential visit to Las Vegas in May, as well as during visits by President George W. Bush.

There is no reason why tour operators shouldnt be able to take off from Boulder City airport, which is well away from the strip. In fact its about 10 minutes from Hoover Dam, which would result in a shorter flight to the Grand Canyon anyways.

Add in the fact he is costing private businesses money so he can do some political fundraising, its further proof this retard doesnt belong in office, much the same as the clown before him.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
lol and his visits will not in any way attract a crowd for other businesses in the economy to benefit from. No way that will happen huh guys?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
FAA clearing skies during Bush visit to Las Vegas(via KSBY-NBC Affiliate ) · January 29, 2008 · 2:30 PM
President Bush's stop in Las Vegas Thursday, Jan. 31, 2008 prompts the Federal Aviation Administration to clear airways prior to his visit.
www.lasvegassun.com...

I am sure the right wing machinery was up in arms about this as well.....right?

BTW - Bush had visited 49 states by the time he left office

Nixon was the first to visit 50 states as President...

Most Presidents try to visit all the states...

...should we bust out the calculator and figure out what those flight restrictions cost?

What a dumb and predictable thread.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Mayor of Las Vegas is fed up with Obama, saying he has "a real psychological hangup", is a "real slow learner", and that he (the Mayor) will boot Obama's butt back to Washington if he returns.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Reply from A-E-I-Owned-You

lol and his visits will not in any way attract a crowd for other businesses in the economy to benefit from. No way that will happen huh guys?

Possibly, but just think of the greater benefit they would receive if they didn't have to deal with the handicap of Obama's ill-advised comments.

Reply from maybereal11

BTW - Bush had visited 49 states by the time he left office

Nixon was the first to visit 50 states as President...

Most Presidents try to visit all the states...

And Obama beats them both...he visited 57 states!!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Considering the businesses will be closed while Obama is in town and not just on his approach or departure, your comment makes zero sense and shows zero thought process behind it.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I have to start taking avatar names literally...

His visit will not shut down all business...only small aircraft and private helicopter services...just like when Bush visited ...just like when most Presidents visited over the last 50 years.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Helicopter tour businesses were NOT shut down during Bush's or Obama's previous visits. They took off out of Boulder City airport instead. This time, they are shut down completely.

Did you even read the article?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

This time, they are shut down completely.

Did you even read the article?

OK ..I read the article...your beef is with the Secret Service...why don't you call them and ask them to lighten-up. I am sure they increased security on a lark anyways...not like they have anything to worry about as far as terrorists and far right nut jobs and such.

Seriously...dumb thread...and a piss poor attempt at an Obama slam.

The Secret Service imposed the stricter, 30-mile radius no-fly zone for tour operators, although officials wouldn't say why the limits are tougher than during Obama's first presidential visit to Las Vegas in May, as well as during visits by President George W. Bush. Officials usually don't discuss specific security measures or possible threats, though Las Vegas in the past has been cited as a potential terrorism target.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If and when Obama and his weasel monkey puppet Rahm Emanuel get to Vegas and if Rahm is really looking to get lucky, he or Obama's henchmen should attempt the typical disrespectful Chicago shakedown of Vegas business men for a few dollars more, but do you feel lucky punk?"

Thank you Dirty Harry Callahan/Clint Eastwood.

Anyway, if Obama or any of Obama's handlers attempt a shakedown in Vegas of Vegas insiders, it will bring something bloody to mind out of a Hollywood movie filmed in Vegas where men with aluminum bats take you out in the desert and beat you to death for failing to understand where you fit in the scheme of things. The typical arrogant gangster movie types that steals, kills and lies with so much regularity that when they forget who they really answer to, someone has to make an example for the rest to see and witness what happens to arrogant, disrespecting Chicago gangster wannabees.

Did I mention you end up in a nameless grave in the hot dessert? Perhaps even prairie meat for the coyotes I'm sure. Umm, munch munch, needs more garlic.

The Vegas boys can make things disappear effectively because in affect they are in the entertainment industry and there are magic acts in Vegas all the time. I for one hope that Obama and his circus of clowns try a Chicago money shakedown in Vegas and we'll see how that butters up. Who knows, if something happens out of the ordinary, it could be a double think intelligence move to get some third party to do the bidding of the first part for all the incorrect reasons. Sorta of like "the enemy of my enemy must be my friend."

Just thinking out-loud. Thanks for the posting.

top topics

join