It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the pilot that crashed his plane in Austin...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure I like this new suicide trend people are slowly picking up from foreign suicide bombers. It may encourage more crazies to do the same, and do it in the name of something most people can relate to in order to gain some kind of support for their actions.

While I absolutely and completely understand his frustration with the IRS and Government in general, killing paper pushers isn't really going to hurt those who put laws into effect. I'd hate to have some guy fly into my building, because dentists, real-estate agents, or whatever other persons have been ripping him off his whole life.

If you want revenge (and you're crazy enough to go through with it), or you want to make your point, take it straight to the person(s) who is/are directly connected to your problem. Those are the people you want to address. They will not hear you until they are truly affected either financially or physically. Those lowly workers in the office buildings get paid to enforce the laws, not make them. Lawmakers will continue to do what they've been doing until they are PERSONALLY affected by the results of their decisions/actions. There are better ways to go about that than violence (though some may feel incredibly tempted). These men are not Gods, and they'll feel human vulnerability very quickly when they're left on the street without their money, their cars, their servants and their cronies.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm sad this man is dead, and I hope no one was seriously injured-although I think they are reporting one missing person besides the pilot. I read the manifesto, and agree with it for the most part. I don't advocate what he did, but, I do believe it is the start of something. there will be more incidents..people have had enough.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by dragonseeker]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Mind control victims acting on their programming is anything but normal. Such a blatant false flag attempt to implicate some group is exactly what we have been expecting from those in government that have agendas not in the best interests of America.

Anyone who believes that this incident is organized or anything other than some mind control victim is being fooled. Much like the diaper bomber, this incident should be classified as just some insignificant incident and not some act of terrorism.

Lastly I ask myself, why is this incident an act of terrorism when the Fort Hood shooter is not? I have to ask myself and in answering my own question, I am left to conclude that what the government tells us is completely false and contrived to distract and to deceive.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack

Lastly I ask myself, why is this incident an act of terrorism when the Fort Hood shooter is not?

I imagine it might be because this guy left a note implying he did it to prove his point about how pissed he was at the Government, and the shooter left no note explaining why he did what he did. Of course there could also be other explanations to your question.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I find the fact that so many people here at ATS are expressing support for this action and individual - simply because he posted an angry screed on the internet before doing this - quite disturbing. People keep starting redundant threads to praise this maniac, and posting his "manifesto" again and again as though it contained wisdom. It's evidently true that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. According to those who have apparently abandoned rational thought and ethical behavior, smashing a plane into a building full of people you don't know is sometimes OK, and sometimes not, depending on the point you are trying to make.

This is disturbing to me, and no doubt many others. People really seem to be losing their heads. To refer to this act as martyrdom, as a justifiable act of defiance, is as sickening and upsetting as to hear people use the same language to applaud suicide bombers. This man was no different from a religious zealot on the other side of the world, except that he has found sympathizers among people who consider themselves "patriots." Dissatisfaction with tax code and government is never an excuse for violence.

I think I will consider carefully now just how much I want to associate myself with this website. I am sure I am not alone.

/edit to add: I am fairly certain that many of the posts that imply or state outright support for this incident and more such incidents in the future are against T&C, and I very much hope the mods take a hard line against advocacy of terrorism.

[edit on 2/18/10 by articulus]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
God have mercy on this man, he had his heart in the right place, but flying a plane into a building is too much. I try to avoid praising evil acts that are done so that good may come out of it. But I respect the man, this government has been waging war on Americans and others for decades now. I am also aware that the government is made up by average people for the most part, but lets face, our country would be better if these people just 'disappeared' and were replaced by good upstanding people who will always do the right thing or nothing at all before even considering going down the other road. There still are a few good folks in our government but that is the exception, not the rule. Hate to say this myself damn it, but I personally hope to see more such events in the near future, but with more diversity in the selected targets, such as a few attacks on the intelligence community.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
NOTHING good will come from this. It will serve as an excuse for the government to crackdown on people speaking out against them.

Anyone posting on the internet or speaking up against the IRS and the federal government will be labeled a threat just like this guy. This will be the excuse to go after the so called domestic terrorists.

Not good at all.....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Is there a source that say that he definitely set the house on fire with his wife and child inside with murderous intent? I know all I heard was that they were safe.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Anyone condoning what this nut did is insane.

There is no need, no need, no need, no need, no need, no need for violence. I can not stress that enough.

What is wrong with some of you?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

NOTHING good will come from this. It will serve as an excuse for the government to crackdown on people speaking out against them.

B-I-N-G-O!!!! you get the prize as soon as Congress finishes legislating it.

It will create more laws. Especially laws which try to bring up more info on what we Americans are up to.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by jam321]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
joe stack was also in a pretty famous band in austin that talked about UFO's and stuff, so he may have been a member here - he played bass, vocals and harmonica....

i'm looking at his pics to jog my memory - i'm a musician originally from san marcos (his website domain is registered there), played a lot in austin, and i worked at the airport refueling/detailing planes.....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

It will create more laws. Especially laws which try to bring up more info on what we Americans are up to.

You are right. I can see it now. No more anonymous posting on the internet. Content can only be posted by registered users so they know who you are and where they can find you. This will be for our protection of course.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I agree with the complaints somewhat left by this man. However, I do not condone his actions and disagree with his comments that violence is the only way to solve our problems. Violence is the sign of someone that cannot dream up a new way around an obstacle. I fear that many people that have these complaints do not see a way around them. There is a way, if you would just listen to your heart. Start standing up for the truth, even at the risk of your own way of life. Would you stand up for someone being treated unfairly at work, if it would cost you your own job? Once we stop remaining silent and stand up non violently in situations where others feel there is injustice...then and only then will this system crumble and in it's place will come one built on respect for all viewpoints.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by articulus
I find the fact that so many people here at ATS are expressing support for this action and individual - simply because he posted an angry screed on the internet before doing this - quite disturbing. People keep starting redundant threads to praise this maniac, and posting his "manifesto" again and again as though it contained wisdom. It's evidently true that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. According to those who have apparently abandoned rational thought and ethical behavior, smashing a plane into a building full of people you don't know is sometimes OK, and sometimes not, depending on the point you are trying to make.

This is disturbing to me, and no doubt many others. People really seem to be losing their heads. To refer to this act as martyrdom, as a justifiable act of defiance, is as sickening and upsetting as to hear people use the same language to applaud suicide bombers. This man was no different from a religious zealot on the other side of the world, except that he has found sympathizers among people who consider themselves "patriots." Dissatisfaction with tax code and government is never an excuse for violence.

I think I will consider carefully now just how much I want to associate myself with this website. I am sure I am not alone.

/edit to add: I am fairly certain that many of the posts that imply or state outright support for this incident and more such incidents in the future are against T&C, and I very much hope the mods take a hard line against advocacy of terrorism.

[edit on 2/18/10 by articulus]

You know, you're absolutely right.

And, an interesting analogy. What DO this guy and the Islamic terrorists have in common? (despite BOTH being despicable actions)

Their rage against one. Common. Entity: The US Government.

Starting to get the picture?

[edit on 2/18/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

There is no need, no need, no need, no need, no need, no need for violence. I can not stress that enough.

Odd, violence gave you the freedom you take for granted today.

Ever think about that?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Unfortunatly...you are probably both correct.
What law will they create to remove our freedoms now?
It stinks. I wish this guy could have channeled his rage into something that would help us and not harm us.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theonlyrusty

Amazing, you seem to know so much about me. I express distaste for the act of a madman, and you decide what kind of person I am. Name-calling, as well; nice touch, and it certainly makes you seem like a thoughtful individual with fresh ideas for our country.

I am fairly certain that this country was founded on ideals, not violence. The revolution was the means for independence, not the basis for it. And anyone who considers themselves a modern-day revolutionary by supporting acts of violence against soft targets only tangentially related to their claimed grievances is likely to be delusional or mentally deficient.

I am all for protest. I agree that the US government has become something it was not intended to be. But I believe there are ways of achieving justice and demonstrating displeasure that do not involve bloodshed. Force is not the only answer.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

You're a dangerous individual. That is all I have to say to you. Think about that for a few hours before you even dare to make another comment.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Odd, violence gave you the freedom you take for granted today.

Ever think about that?

Egg-ZACTLY.

Look folks. This is scary, freaky stuff. No doubt.

Try to see the bigger picture, here. No... Bigger!

reply to post by brainwrek

You're a dangerous individual. That is all I have to say to you. Think about that for a few hours before you even dare to make another comment.

No, he's (we're) not dangerous. Just analytical. Read brainwrek's reply again. Spot on.

[edit on 2/18/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join