It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans stock up to be ready for end of the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've been stocking up on food and OTC meds, but i seriously do not believe if something terrible does come our way, that any of it is going to do us any good.
Just my opinion.

link   
I spent some time as a deckhand ("deck force") on a U.S. Coast Guard cutter. The motto for this branch of the service is “semper paratus” (always ready / prepared). It’s a perspective in life, which I try not to forget.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by seasoul]

link   
If someone would notice , I believe they would take the recent last few years as a warning sign. EX; On a car when your brakes require new pads they begin to squeal.(allot of people don't know this) It is part of the design. A tab rubs on the inside of the rotor, alerting the driver it is time to change to pads.
Well, I believe the events that have happened over that last few years are the " squeaking brake". Look at what happened at katrina, Indonesia, Haiti. ect. ect. These may be warning signs of what MAY be coming, but in a way completely unexpected.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Honestly, I think that knowing these things for the destructive scenario would be very wise to know, but research and learn on your own... the majority of everything related to end world situations has a price tag on it.. I think the hype is becoming overly aggressive towards the $$$ ... if I was a book writer I would pitch in on making a book on surivival 2012!! to make tons of cash from the idiots... If you really think about the types of desasters that are being predicted or possibilities, the only real chance of survival is luck , how do you survive a half mile wall of water in your bomb shelter that is going to be under water for a year, or how do you survive when all the resources to live from are wiped out... a bunch of stuff to say really but to make it shorter... I think the end world hype is growing mostly because of people trying to make money.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xagathorn
Honestly, I think that knowing these things for the destructive scenario would be very wise to know, but research and learn on your own... the majority of everything related to end world situations has a price tag on it.. I think the hype is becoming overly aggressive towards the $$$ ... if I was a book writer I would pitch in on making a book on surivival 2012!! to make tons of cash from the idiots... If you really think about the types of desasters that are being predicted or possibilities, the only real chance of survival is luck , how do you survive a half mile wall of water in your bomb shelter that is going to be under water for a year, or how do you survive when all the resources to live from are wiped out... a bunch of stuff to say really but to make it shorter... I think the end world hype is growing mostly because of people trying to make money.
Yes the water thing would certainly be a situation that would make it difficult to survive but as for me I am hoping my location won't have that concern. Good point though.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Survival:

www.youtube.com...

yeah yeah, who needs that, right?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
End of the world huh, Who believes thats gonna happen, people have been saying that for donkeys years , until then , Keep being Happy , and dont let anybody scare the shizzle out of ya , i stopped with the non sense paranoia , and im happier now , but dont let that stop ya, like anyone here is gonna actually stop it if it were ta happen , wake up people ,life is to live, go and enjoy it , while you can, please dont respond to my post, you guys have fear to push ...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You should better begin to make your soul ready for the end....the only thing you can get with you. Wake up People! It's not about the last big greed-conflict, it's all about you! Your hearth and your love. Get It, or loose it. No fear is needed, this is the way things go...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

I find I have a lot less to fear if I'm prepared. Not just food and supplies but on skills as well.

Thought I'd throw this out : Myself and a few other collaborators here on the east coast are hoping to do a survival skills camp out in the mountains of central virginia this April or May. Anyone interested in coming should U2U me.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Bad joke coming in...5...4...3...2...1

Maybe we can call ourselves the Red Hot Chili Preppers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join