It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"America cursed by God if we reject Israel " From Rep. Bachmann (Minn)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
They've been murdering, raping and robbing the Palestinians for 60 years

and the US has been funding that rape, murder and robbery

Let's be fair, the Muslims aren't that much better. Muslims seem to like to kill as a logical extension of their religion. Shoot, they even kill each other frequently.

This is no justification, only it needs to be said that there is quite a lot of killing going on, and it's not one sided.

Israel rejects the Son of God . American Christians are Ok with that, huh ?

Kind of an uncouth way to say it, but this is something I've always wondered about as well.

Why do Christians and Jews get on so well. As far as the Christians are concerned, the Jews are going to hell for rejecting the very way to get into heaven. To the Jews, Christians worship a false idol, among other things.

It's a curious situation that I have never understood.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Tibet, Haiti. Anyway that is a horrible argument in any situation. Think about it. Would it be ok if somebody shot just you because at some time some other person shot someone else? Come on.
Bachmann is a fool. A fake chrisitian even. HOw can these people pretend to be chrisitian and then defend murder. What part of thou shalt not kill is negotiable, or turn the other cheek. People pat themselves on the back for being christian surrounded by godless liberals when they are worse than the godless. They worships idols. They worship empire and power. They worship hate instead of humility. At least the atheist doesnt take a moral superiority attitude. They may defend the mindless killing as much as the fake christian, but at least they dont believe their holier than though. If there is a jesus he is ashamed of 90% of the republican party, and the american ppl for that matter.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I respect what she said, and that is not flip flopping, for I respect that she stated what she believes in, instead of taking the easy way out. Now as to the statement she made, I may not agree with it, however, I do feel we ( christians ) are supposed to pray for Israel, and bless them. I do not know for certain, what that entails, and do not feel we should harm other's in this blessing of them. Does that make sense?

[edit on 9-2-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

No it doesn't make sense at all
But I understand how you are hardwired, it's not your fault.
So i'll take that as your answer

You subtely support extremism whether you admit it or not.
thx

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Why do we let crazy people become lawmakers?

These people are insane!
They need psychiatric help but instead we give them seats in politics?

This seems appropriate given the context:

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." Aesop

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

you speak like you know her personally, her saying what she said is like someone saying they'll kill you're mother if you dont comply

you see america will keep aiding israel that is until the american people see what zionism is really about, but by then it would've already been too late... israel is not the good guy, zionism is no way a good thing, its good that israel doesnt have a large population, unluckily they're using the USA military to do their bids, mark my words... israel will cause the collapse of the US, and attacking iran in any way is a stupid move

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

As far as myself, I feel we (christians) get along with the jewish people because we are tasked with loving them, regardless of what they have done in the past, and that should be our attitude with all other's, no matter what their religon, or past history, for to do any less, would not be following what we believe our lord (Jesus) has taught us to do. Is it how we always behave, no, of course not, for we are human, and sinner's from birth, as we believe all are, but, this would be the perfect model for us, if we were able to achieve it.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just don't get it.

How can the U.S., the EU and other countries allow the acts of terrorism from Israel go on without a condemnation?

How can the Goldstone Report be "Anti-Semitic"??

What does Israel have hanging over other countries heads?

Can someone explain it to me like I'm a six-year old????

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

No, I'm afraid I do not know Rep. Bachmann personally, although I'm guessing she's a decent person. as to what she said, I merely said, "I respect it" not I agree wholeheartedly with it.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There is a lot of false pretense when it comes to what the Christian belief system entails. I'm just going to go through the behavioral stuff.

As a Christian, I am obligated to love all mankind unconditionally. I love you man, without condition, and that is no joke. I love all who have wronged me and pray that they may one day change their ways. We are obligated to share with each other. In fact it states clear as day we are to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and shelter the homeless. We are not allowed to hate anyone for anything. Material possessions and money are to hold no sway whatsoever (This one is difficult to say the least).

Tell me, how many Christians do you know that actually embody these things? That should tell you how Christian Christians actually are.

I pray for Israel to change their ways, and I do not wish them death, but as many of you have seen I don't like how they conduct business.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

when the jews and romans killed jesus, they hijacked the christian religion, t, executed anyone who stood against them, modified it to suit their own evil agendas.

now tell me, how can you trust the same people that killed you're prophet to spread his message?

edit:

if the teaching of jesus were not modified, then why is he coming back? hes coming back to sort it all out i guess...

[edit on 9-2-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSecret

I can't trust a human who claims to know God's mind. Especially if they are "convinced" they're right and everyone else is wrong.

Sounds like someone needs a psych eval.

Exactly, I will never understand how a human can claim to "know the mind of god". I usually want to ask, "oh, when did you last have such an in depth conversation with god that you know exactly what god would or would not do?" Only someone who is "pretending" to know the mind of another person or entity.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

haha speak for yourself
I am not a sinner from birth lol
that's ridiculous

a baby is the most innocent creature on the face of this planet

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

why would you respect her after she cursed america?

its like help the zionists or you'll be destroyed...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Why do Christians and Jews get on so well. As far as the Christians are concerned, the Jews are going to hell for rejecting the very way to get into heaven. To the Jews, Christians worship a false idol, among other things.

Why ? Why do Christians and Jews get on so well ?

Well let's look at it. The Jews haven't budged an inch, have they ? They foully slander Christ and the Marys (boiling in excrement is their idea of funny ... so you needn't worry about being uncouth)

They've succeeded in corrupting any decent US politicians for decades. The already corrupt US politicians have been chosen by America's Jewish 'Ruling Elite' to run the United States into the ground at the same time they've thrust idiotic Americans into wars which have benefited jews (Israel was the prize from the last world war)

Jews have succeeded in virtually removing Christian religion from American schools ---- yet jews build even more jewish schools devoted to judaism

Jews have silenced by deed and threat any American who criticises 'Israel' --- yet jews sneer at America and Americans, even though jews OWN America and Americans

Do you see jews dying for America in war after war ?

Mmmmm. Nope. Doesn't happen, does it ?

It's the other way around, isn't it ---- stupid Americans dying for jews and Israel, all over the globe

Anyway, let's sum up: jews get more powerful and Americans sink into the mud

Jews scorn the Christ. Christ is the origin of the term 'Christian'

And yet American Christians sit back and listen like the brain-dead when a jew tool (aka American politician) CLAIMS that God (Father, Son and Holy Ghost, indivisible) the same God whom the jews want to boil in excrement

will do what ? will do what ? Oh, yeah ... according to the jew-owned American politician, God will curse America if Americans reject the jews who in turn wish to boil God in excrement

Sure. Makes sense, doesn't it ?

And God wasted brains on American Christians, it seems

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

a baby is the most innocent creature on the face of this planet

Yeah, and look at how many of those poor innocent children are routinely abused by so many members of religious orders. I'm not singling out any particular brand of religion either, they are all at it, Christian, Muslim and Jew equally.

I hold myself to a higher standard than those who try to sell control via religion and from what I have seen over 40+ years, I am morally and ethically superior!

Strip away all the religious banter used to defend cruelty to others and oppression, and what we have left is simply criminal activity, which should be stamped out by the courts.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
To me, Mrs. Bachmann is no better than any of Al Qaeda leadership - they are just two sides of the same coin. Both believe that they are doing God's work and if this involves killing massive numbers of bystanders, that's OK.

Jefferson wrote:

... no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burthened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer, on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities

Read this carefully - for Mrs Bachmann wants to infringe on your lives, freedoms and very existence only to support her religious beliefs. She is about as anti-American as Al Zawahiri.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

You do realize that Jesus was a jew?He was born of a jewish woman
with a genetic line to king David.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think this Representative should read this!

Mamabeth did you read this book?
www.amazon.com...

yep!

[edit on 9-2-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
That's supposition that hasn't been tried so how would one know? One would easily say that AQ and groups like them wouldn't give a damn if the US didn't back Israel to the hilt. Which sounds more logical to you?

Based on history, and the fact that Islamic extremist groups tend to war amongst themselves over minutae when no other immediate enemy is at hand (see the wars between the Sunni and Shi'ite muslims over something as ridiculous as Mohammed's valid successor) I'd argue that logic falls on the side of them finding some reason to blame their hatred of America upon completely aside from Zionism.

Originally posted by intrepid
And how is Israel a "tried and true" ally? What does Israel do for the US? Many points could be made as to what Israel hasn't done for the US. The USS Liberty comes to mind.

I wouldn't go there or else next we'll be questioning what the US alliance has done for Canada (See: Tarnak Farm friendly fire incident), or how about the incredible good the US has done for the Tillman family? Friendly fire happens... it's not the best ground to lay an indictment against an ally upon, especially when the incident in question occurred over 60 years ago.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join