It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report linking autism to vaccines is retracted by medical journal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I also know 4 kids from different families that got the autism a day after the vaccine. Its obvious. Its not even funny. Most of what you are saying is probably learned from other so called professionals that have either a political agenda or they themselves are brainwashed about this. Science is so deficient since it is missing the whole right brain intuition.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

You are trying to say its genetic, but the fact is almost every kid has it now!!! Its soon going to be more normal to be autistic than not. And maybe there is a genetic factor )a (normal human factor) that when combined with this vaccine makes this happen. All that means is that vaccines and children don´t mix well, especially not the newer vaccines. Some people have blue eyes, some brown, peoples bodies are different. But what is obvious is that this so called "genetic factor" must be so common than, that the vaccine is more to blame as the unnatural inserted factor!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Wow just wow, for a Med Student you seem to have this whole Autism/Vaccine thing wrapped up. i'm sure you'll go on to do great things.

Yes i have a 3yr old Autistic son, yes i blame evil pharma, yes lifes a bitch. I don't believe the vaccine is completely to blame i do believe genetics has something to do with it, the vaccine is just a trigger. Untill science completely understands the human brain, which at the moment it doesn't, the cause will more than likely not be found for some time, but the blatant correlation between the rise in autism and the release of mmr/mmr2 cannot be ignored, you cannot blame it all on increased detection rates.

The truth will out.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubyeyes

I also know 4 kids from different families that got the autism a day after the vaccine. Its obvious. Its not even funny. Most of what you are saying is probably learned from other so called professionals that have either a political agenda or they themselves are brainwashed about this. Science is so deficient since it is missing the whole right brain intuition.

Clearly, anyone who disagrees with your baseless conclusion must be either brainwashed or have a political agenda.

[edit on 2/3/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RancidCat
Yes i have a 3yr old Autistic son, yes i blame evil pharma, yes lifes a bitch. I don't believe the vaccine is completely to blame i do believe genetics has something to do with it, the vaccine is just a trigger.

Unlikely. The average age of diagnosis for most autism spectrum disorders is 18 months. I posted a recent study above which shows children who have had their vaccinations at 18 months and children who have NOT had their vaccinations at 18 months were just as likely to be diagnosed with ASD. This would suggest that vaccines are not a cause or trigger.

Untill science completely understands the human brain, which at the moment it doesn't, the cause will more than likely not be found for some time, but the blatant correlation between the rise in autism and the release of mmr/mmr2 cannot be ignored, you cannot blame it all on increased detection rates.

The "blatant rise" is due to two factors: better diagnostic abilities, and the shift from "autism" to "autism spectrum disorder". ASD encompasses MANY disorders, not just classical autism. This is why the numbers seemed to jump so radically. A similar jump would be seen if we looked at cases of the common cold due to rhinovirus, or ALL cases of the cold. It would make it seem like an epidemic had just broken out, when in fact you have simply added a looser statistical filter.

The truth will out.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

You are trying to say its genetic, but the fact is almost every kid has it now!!!

Currently, less than 1 in 100 children are autistic. This is less than 1%. How you jump from less than 1% to "almost every kid has it" is beyond me. Perhaps you need to re-evaluate your statement.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well I was exaggerating but even 1 in 100 is ALOT, its a crazy amount.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Spending a better part of 10-20 years in higher education in the USA is a form of brainwashing and indoctrination.

You said vaccines are not profitable? OH OK....let's look at the swine flu.......

esciencenews.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
20 years ago it was 1 in 15 thousand that had autism.. now it's 1 in 100. More people get diagnosed with aspergers now but that does not account for such a drastic rise in diagnosis.

btw. I do not consider aspergers and classic LF autism to be the same disorder. People should be allowed to be eccentric without having a malfunction label slapped on them.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by riley]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well I was exaggerating but even 1 in 100 is ALOT, its a crazy amount.

Not really, when you break it down. Some of those people are nearly indistinguishable from normal. They may just have developed motor skills a bit slower in childhood or had a speech problem. Some may have had their problems corrected by simple motor/speech therapy, as well. Of course, that's not to say there aren't severe cases, and I would expect those would comprise about 75% of the cases, which would bring the percentage down to about 0.5-0.7% of the population, an even smaller number.

For means of comparison, about 1 in 550-600 children have Down syndrome. We know the cause of this, we know how to screen for it, and yet the rate is still high because it's simply not treatable at this point due to the nature of the condition. Does this high rate immediately mean it can't be genetic, even though it is entirely a genetic issue?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
20 years ago it was 1 in 15 thousand that had autism.. now it's 1 in 100. More people get diagnosed with aspergers now but that does not account for such a drastic rise in diagnosis.

20 years ago we also didn't use the broader diagnostic label "autism spectrum disorder". This encompasses Asperger's, all forms of autism (both low and high functioning), and most cognitive disorders in children. We didn't start using this broader diagnosis until the early 2000s, which is when the "epidemic rise" myth began to spread.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

20 years ago we also didn't use the broader diagnostic label "autism spectrum disorder". This encompasses Asperger's, all forms of autism (both low and high functioning), and most cognitive disorders in children. We didn't start using this broader diagnosis until the early 2000s, which is when the "epidemic rise" myth began to spread.

I know all about this yet it still does not account for such a drastic rise in diagnosises. LFA has increased dramatically and ASD was a term being used 20 years ago (although it was new). You think they only started using it after 2000?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley]
I know all about this yet it still does not account for such a drastic rise in diagnosises. LFA has increased dramatically and ASD was a term being used 20 years ago (although it was new). You think they only started using it after 2000?

Please re-read my post. I didn't say ASD was a "new term". I said it was a new diagnostic filter, which in fact, was not used until the late 1990s and early 2000s. Until that point, epidemiologists did not lump ASD disorders together when compiling autism statistics.

Also, there jury is still out on how much individual types of ASD actually increased. With improved diagnostic information, we're finding that conditions diagnosed twenty years ago may have actually been other related conditions, causing the numbers to skew. Until we can pin down the genetic factor for each condition, we probably won't have entirely accurate numbers. As it stands, autism has a prevalence of 4 in 1000, with ASD being 1 in 100-110.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Please re-read my post. I didn't say ASD was a "new term". I said it was a new diagnostic filter, which in fact, was not used until the late 1990s and early 2000s. Until that point, epidemiologists did not lump ASD disorders together when compiling autism statistics.

Now you change it to late 1990s?

Thats strange because I've been around people diagnosed with ASD for at least 15 years. In the early 1980s aspergers and autism were seen as overlapping related disorders and so ASD was created to clarify. It's not something they just started using in the last ten years.

Also, there jury is still out on how much individual types of ASD actually increased. With improved diagnostic information, we're finding that conditions diagnosed twenty years ago may have actually been other related conditions, causing the numbers to skew. Until we can pin down the genetic factor for each condition, we probably won't have entirely accurate numbers. As it stands, autism has a prevalence of 4 in 1000, with ASD being 1 in 100-110.

You now say the jury is still out yet had just said that better diagnosis accounted for the rise? :shk:

Anyway back on topic. You said there is no evidence that vaccines cause autism. Here is one of the MANY parents who share a very similar story.. thing is this story was proven in a courtroom:

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/the-vaccineautism-court-_b_88558.html[url]
Below is a verbatim copy of the US Government concession filed last November in a vaccine-autism case in the Court of Federal Claims, with the names of the family redacted. It is the subject of my post yesterday.

snip (its too long to post in it's entirety)
Some of the document itself:

According to her mother's affidavit, CHILD developed a fever of 102.3 degrees two days after her immunizations and was lethargic, irritable, and cried for long periods of time. Pet. Ex. 2 at 6. She exhibited intermittent, high-pitched screaming and a decreased response to stimuli. Id. MOM spoke with the pediatrician, who told her that CHILD was having a normal reaction to her immunizations. Id. According to CHILD's mother, this behavior continued over the next ten days, and CHILD also began to arch her back when she cried. Id.

On July 31, 2000, CHILD presented to the Pediatric Center with a 101-102 degree temperature, a diminished appetite, and small red dots on her chest. Pet. Ex. 31 at 28. The nurse practitioner recorded that CHILD was extremely irritable and inconsolable. Id. She was diagnosed with a post-varicella vaccination rash. Id. at 29.

Two months later, on September 26, 2000, CHILD returned to the Pediatric Center with a temperature of 102 degrees, diarrhea, nasal discharge, a reduced appetite, and pulling at her left ear. Id. at 29. Two days later, on September 28, 2000, CHILD was again seen at the Pediatric Center because her diarrhea continued, she was congested, and her mother reported that CHILD was crying during urination. Id. at 32. On November 1, 2000, CHILD received bilateral PE tubes. Id. at 38. On November 13, 2000, a physician at ENT Associates noted that CHILD was "obviously hearing better" and her audiogram was normal. Id. at 38. On November 27, 2000, CHILD was seen at the Pediatric Center with complaints of diarrhea, vomiting, diminished energy, fever, and a rash on her cheek. Id. at 33. At a follow-up visit, on December 14, 2000, the doctor noted that CHILD had a possible speech delay. Id.

CHILD was evaluated at the Howard County Infants and Toddlers Program, on November 17, 2000, and November 28, 2000, due to concerns about her language development. Pet. Ex. 19 at 2, 7. The assessment team observed deficits in CHILD's communication and social development. Id. at 6. CHILD's mother reported that CHILD had become less responsive to verbal direction in the previous four months and had lost some language skills. Id. At 2.

SNIP (because its too long to post)

ANALYSIS

Medical personnel at the Division of Vaccine Injury Compensation, Department of Health and Human Services (DVIC) have reviewed the facts of this case, as presented by the petition, medical records, and affidavits. After a thorough review, DVIC has concluded that compensation is appropriate in this case.

In sum, DVIC has concluded that the facts of this case meet the statutory criteria for demonstrating that the vaccinations CHILD received on July 19, 2000, significantly aggravated an underlying mitochondrial disorder, which predisposed her to deficits in cellular energy metabolism, and manifested as a regressive encephalopathy with features of autism spectrum disorder. Therefore, respondent recommends that compensation be awarded to petitioners in accordance with 42 U.S.C. § 300aa-11(c)(1)(C)(ii).

DVIC has concluded that CHILD's complex partial seizure disorder, with an onset of almost six years after her July 19, 2000 vaccinations, is not related to a vaccine-injury.

Respectfully submitted,

PETER D. KEISLER
Assistant Attorney General

So are you still going to say vaccines don't cause autism now or will you concede it happens sometimes? It was legally proven in this case.. thing is I have heared alot of similar stories form other parents. THAT is too much of a coincidence for me to dismiss and I have no reason to assume they are just looking for a scapegoat.

I believe the prospect of having to pay all those familes compensation is enough for drug companies/giovernments to try bury the truth.. so to protect their own arses they just say those parents are delusional.

btw. A footnote from that site:

PS: On Friday, February 22, HHS conceded that this child's complex partial seizure disorder was also caused by her vaccines. Now we the taxpayers will award this family compensation to finance her seizure medication. Surely ALL decent people can agree that is a good thing.

By the way, it''s worth noting that her seizures did not begin until six years after the date of vaccination, yet the government acknowledges they were, indeed, linked to the immunizations of July, 2000, - DK

Yes.. thats definently better than catching the disease.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a very heated topic, due to the very serious nature of the subject matter. for many parents, one of the most difficult decisions they will ever make.
being one of those parents, i see it as my duty to research the subject as well as i possibly can. the difficulty is that impartial opinions are quite hard to come by, as is represented on this thread. most are either aggressively pro or aggressively contra. for those that realise the double-edged nature of the sword, it can be a little daunting, and while research pours in from either side of the fence, the best we can do is stay well-informed, astute, and trust in what we personally believe is right.

here a couple of links, both from the national autism association, which despite their pro-vaccine bent, do show a link between vaccination and ASD (albeit in primates in one case.)

www.nationalautismassociation.org...

www.nationalautismassociation.org...

to those seriously affected by the dilemma,i wish you all the best.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Thats strange because I've been around people diagnosed with ASD for at least 15 years. In the early 1980s aspergers and autism were seen as overlapping related disorders and so ASD was created to clarify. It's not something they just started using in the last ten years.

Again, please re-read my post. There is a difference between a term being used for diagnosis and that term being used to change epidemiologic statistics. I don't know how else to explain this to you, as you are obviously reading every other word in my posts, rather than all of them.

You now say the jury is still out yet had just said that better diagnosis accounted for the rise? :shk:

Again, please read all of my words, not every other word. I said that the "jury is out" as to how much EACH INDIVIDUAL DIAGNOSIS under ASD is increasing, but we are able to diagnose them more efficiently, which MAY contribute to the uptick.

Long quote, taken out for brevity

I'm familiar with this case. If you'll note, several times in the case they mention that the child had an underlying mitochondrial disorder. Studies have since shown that these types of disorders are very rare, and certainly much more uncommon than autism. This would suggest that autism is not, in fact, caused by this disorder or the vaccine. The link you prodived even states that the child suffered an encephalopathy which mimics autism, but is not autism in and of itself. The resulting developmental delay would certainly place the child under the umbrella of ASD, but this is a far cry from saying the vaccine caused autism.

As it stands, you have yet to show a causal link between the vaccines and autism. Demonstrating one case in which a child with an incredibly rare disorder had an adverse effect is not the same as demonstrating a causal link. I would hope you understand this, but it seems you do not.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I understand that your "that wasn't real autism anyway" is a croc as ALL autisms are at base just a set of symptoms. Some are not specific autistic disorders as there is no known cause so you can't turn around and assume those children did not have a similar genetic disorder that was overlooked. The kid had a genetic predisposition and ended up having a reaction. Given children are NOT screened for what she had or screened for any other allergies for that matter I have no reason to think such allergies/reactions are rare as there are a million parents claiming their child had an allergic reactions as well. The other accounts of parents.. though very similar to this one have been usually just brushed off as coincidental. They are NOT usually tested for allergies as they are basically told they are delusional and after a scapegoat so their claims are not investigated further. They are just sent home with a "not our problem deal with it". With the case I provided it was such a severe reaction that they could not call the mother delusional.

One women posted on here about having that exact same experience.. she has a medical background and you asked for evidence of cases showing a causal link. She provided one of her own yet what did you do? YOU IGNORED IT.
Why should I have to sift through the internet looking for individual cases when you have already been provided first hand accounts? Answer her post.. she had some very good points and think thats exactly why you didn't bother with it. It doesnt fit your agenda but I suggest you at least make an attempt to answer her post before you answer me again.

So studies proove that there's no causal link? Ridiculous.. what studies would get toddlers and inject them with over 30 different vacines in a short amount of time? They don't.. they study them one by one seperately but there's no evidence that these vaccinations do not react with eachother and there are NO studies that prove bombarding a child's vulnerable immune system with over 30 various vaccines is safe.

..especially children who have a predisposition to allergies and auto immune diseases. Are there studies that injected children with allergies to vaccine ingredients? No because they know that could be dangerous and would be in fact abuse. Injecting children and not knowing whether or not a child has any allergies or auto immune diseases is not morally justiable and is against the hypocratic oath. Do not tell me such allergies are rare either.. 20 years ago peanut allergies were rare as well. They only know if a disease is rare when they have tested everybody.. such statistics do not include the undiagnosed.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I understand that your "that wasn't real autism anyway" s a croc as ALL autisms are at base just a set of symptoms.

There are very specific physical and metabolic aymptoms that are required for diagnosis of any condition, even those under the umbrella of ASD. Just because you personally don't know how to diagnose them doesn't mean the diagnostic criteria are nonexistent.

Some are not specific autistic disorders as there is no known cause so you can't turn around and assume those children did not have a similar genetic disorder that was overlooked.

So, the LACK of a cause means we must immediately assume it was the vaccine, despite all evidence to the contrary? That's faulty logic.

The kid had a genetic predisposition and ended up having a reaction. Given children are NOT screened for what she had or screened for any other allergies for that matter

Children are not screened for "allergies" at such a young age because the immune system isn't developed to a point that it would produce a reliable result. Until about 2 years of age, children don't have a full complement of immune cells of their own and are instead working off of those they gained in utero and through breast milk.

I have no reason to think such allergies are rare as there are a million parents claiming their child had an allergic reaction.

Source, please.

The other accounts of parents.. though very similar to this one have been brushed off as coincidental. They are NOT usually tested allergies as they are basically told they are delusional

Source, please.

They are just sent home with a "not our problem deal with it".

Source, please.

With the case I provided it was such a severe reaction that they could not call the mother delusional.

The case you posted had nothing to do with the severity and everything to do with an identifiable cause: a mitochondrial disorder. Any sort of insult to the body could have triggered it, it just so happened that the vaccine was the first such insult.

One women posted on here about having that exact same experience.. she has a medical background and you asked for evidence of cases showing a causal link. She provided one of her own yet what did you do? YOU IGNORED IT.

No, I answered it. Go back and see my post directly after hers.

Why should I have to sift through the internet looking for individual cases when you have already been provided first hand accounts?

Because anecdotes are worthless. I want research. Actual, statistically controlled and peer-reviewed research. The more eyes that have looked at it, and the more hands it has passed through, the lower the probability that there is an error or fabrication.

When you submit an article for review, you do not get to pick who reviews it. The last article I submitted was read by colleagues at four different institutions: two private, one public, and one government lab. I don't personally know any of them, nor do I have any business connection with them. This sort of review process allows for objective review of data.

Answer her post.. she had some very good points and think thats exactly why you didn't bother with it. It doesnt fit your agenda.

I already answered her post, just minutes after she posted it.

So studies proove that there's no causal link? Ridiculous.. what studies would get toddlers and inject them with over 30 different vacines in a short amount of time?

That's not how causlity studies are performed. The studies examined rates of autism in children with and without vaccinated status, children with and without specific nutritional and environmental exposures, etc.. Autism demonstrated no correlation to being vaccinated or unvaccinated, but did demonstrate a high probability within families. We have also used regression mapping and linkage distribution maps to connect specific phenotypic data to genotypic data, and then confirmed this data in animal models.

All the research is there for you to read. Why don't you read it?

They don't.. they study them one by one seperately but there's no evidence that these vaccinations do not react with eachother and there are NO studies that prove bombarding a child's vulnerable immune system with over 30 various vaccines is safe.

That's not how they study it at all. If you would ever take the time to read my posts, you would see that I provided a study above that examined children at 18 months who had either received all their vaccinations or none of their vaccinations. The rate of autism was similar in both populations, suggesting that another variable is in play, not the vaccination status.

..especially children who have a predisposition to allergies and auto immune diseases. Are there studies that injected children with allergies to vaccine ingredients? No because they know that could be dangerous and would be in fact abuse.

Why would you need to inject children with additional doses when you have populations to study that have both received and not received regular vaccinations? Again, please see the studies I have already posted.

Injecting children and not knowing whether or not a child has any allergies or auto immune diseases is not morally justiable and is against the hypocratic oath.

Well, then it's a good thing we don't do that. If a child has an auto-immune disorder, it would manifest even before birth as symptoms in the mother. More advanced disorders, like leukemia, would cause a cessation of all vaccination or antibody therapies, obviously. What sort of world do you live in where doctors are chasing children down with needles and ignoring auto-immune status? I've never witnessed this.

Do not tell me such allergies are rare either..

They are.

20 years ago peanut allergies were rare as well.

And it still is.

They only know if a disease is rare when they have tested everybody.. such statistics do not include the undiagnosed.

Well, when you can devise a way to test 350 million people, many of whom are undocumented, incoherent, unable to find transportation, or unwilling, please share your secret with the world. Until then, I'll continue to use the scientific approach of employing epidemiologic data.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

You want evidence? Come spend 24 hrs. at my house. You very well may believe it then. Before you blow me off as someone who will cling to any theory because I have an axe to grind, I challenge you to read some of my threads. I have a Masters in Nursing and a 13yr. old son who is Autistic. I am qualified to refute this retraction by first hand experience.
I watched a completely healthy baby change before my very eyes at 13 months old, following his MMR injection.

While I certainly empathize with how difficult your situation is, I don't feel your "evidence" is really any indication that vaccines cause autism.

Oh so you did answer her. Basically you've said "you imagined it" just like you are doing with a million other parents. There is no point talking to you as you dismiss all testimonies and evidence that contradicts your own pro vaccine stance. I posted 1 case.. and what did you do

"but that doesn't count!" :shk:

Picking and choosing evidence to suit your own POV will NOT protect children from vaccine injury. Pretending there is no problem will not magically make the issue disapear. You are parroting drug company company propoganda. Telling people vaccines are safe when there is proof to the contrary is abusing innocent children.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by riley]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I don't think it's any coincidence that people claim their child began demonstrating autistic characteristics around 1-2 years of age. This is when symptoms manifest in nearly all autism spectrum disorders, whether there were vaccines given or not. How would you judge antisocial behaviour, lack of eye contact, and poor motor development prior to 1 year?

Let's take this point by point: Most children do not exhibit symptoms of a spectrum disorder until they are around 3-5 yrs in age or older. Many are misdiagnosed with plain ADHD.

2. You wouldn't be looking for signs of antisocial behavior in an infant. However, a baby is able to track objects and respond to a particular voice by making eye contact, as early as 2 months. My baby did just this. It was following his MMR at 13 months that my child changed drastically. He no longer responded to his name being called and it would appear as though he were deaf. He awoke from every nap and in the morning screaming. Instead of playing with a toy, he played with only parts of the the toy. For example: If he had a toy car he would only spin the wheels over and over again.

Because "scientsts" didn't cook the books on global warming. One institution played a few statistical tricks, which is awful, but every other institution studying these topics came to similar, though less dramatics, results.

Oh really, ever heard of "Climate Gate"? Never mind, no place in this thread for this subject. Off topic.

the number of families who have no basis for a law suit also number in the thousands. It's interesting to note that every study produced since the nasty rumor began has shown ZERO connection between autism and vaccines.

You are definitely misinformed with your above quote. Here is an excerpt from a case won.

But last week, the parents of yet another child with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) were awarded a lump sum of more than $810,000 (plus an estimated $30-40,000 per year for autism services and care) in compensation by the Court, which ruled that the measels-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine had caused acute brain damage that led to his autism spectrum disorder.

The family of 10-year-old Bailey Banks won their case quietly and without fanfare in June of 2007, but the ruling has only now come to public attention. In the remarkably clear and eloquent decision, Special Master Richard Abell ruled that the Banks had successfully demonstrated that "the MMR vaccine at issue actually caused the conditions from which Bailey suffered and continues to suffer." Bailey's diagnosis is Pervasive Developmental Disorder -- Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS) which has been recognized as an autism spectrum disorder by CDC, HRSA and the other federal health agencies since at least the 1990s.

In his conclusion, Special Master Abell ruled that Petitioners had proven that the MMR had directly caused a brain inflammation illness called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) which, in turn, had caused the autism spectrum disorder PDD-NOS in the child:

The Court found that Bailey's ADEM was both caused-in-fact and proximately caused by his vaccination. It is well-understood that the vaccination at issue can cause ADEM, and the Court found, based upon a full reading and hearing of the pertinent facts in this case, that it did actually cause the ADEM. Furthermore, Bailey's ADEM was severe enough to cause lasting, residual damage, and retarded his developmental progress, which fits under the generalized heading of Pervasive Developmental Delay, or PDD [an autism spectrum disorder].

The Court found that Bailey would not have suffered this delay but for the administration of the MMR vaccine, and that this chain of causation was... a proximate sequence of cause and effect leading inexorably from vaccination to Pervasive Developmental Delay.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

In fact, we have identified several genetic components to autism spectrum disorders, suggesting that there are neurological development checkpoints that aren't being met, due to an underlying genetic or epigenetic issue.

Could you please provide some evidence of this. Here is a thread for you to read.

Scientific Link to Autism Identified
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The insurance status of autism diagnosis and treatment payments, however, has nothing to do with the link between autism and vaccines, and thus is a moot point in this case.

I appreciate your sentiment, I find you naive at best with the above quote. The medications alone, spent to treat co/morbid conditions found on the spectrum, is making the pharmaceutical companies very wealthy. In turn, the government is getting huge kickbacks from "Big Pharma".

The very ones who forced this on these children, i.e. government, are padding their pockets with the money spent by families to treat their children,

Yeah, that's justice!!!!!

[edit on 4-2-2010 by paxnatus]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join