It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Illegal Immigration Has Affected Me Through The Years

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
which to be honest illegal immigrants have a small % in the crimes, relatively. It's easy to throw out random information when it helps your case, but ignore the fact that theres plenty out there thats just the contrary. Will it minimize crime, yea probably. Will it make America safer, maybe slightly. You have a point, but in the end, crimes will still be commited all over the States.

If the immigration laws were vigorously enforced, I wouldn't have had so many vehicles stolen or vandalized. A police detective told me, nearly all of the vehicle theft in my area is from criminal gangs operating across the border.

When gas hit $4 a gallon, someone broke the side window to release the gas cap cover and siphon my tank dry. I had a motorcycle stolen and turn up in Mexico a year later. Desperate people do deperate things.

About half of the local jail population are illegal aliens. The Mexican gangs run all the prisons in California.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yea, thats true, and im all for enforcing the laws that are humane. Immigration and border laws are part of that. Yet, like you stated desperate PEOPLE will do desperate things, us americans also fit in that class. So I agree that that the laws should be enforced, but what I don't agree on is putting the entire blame on the illegals, because not all are like how you have stated. Crossing the border for a better life constitutes desperate measures, yet no one seems to notice the crap most of these illegals put themselfs in just so that their family could live a bit better than average for them. No one seems to care that most risk their lives just so that the end result could be a better one. So long as it doesnt affect them, then it's all good, but as soon as it starts to become an issue lets put the blame on all of them and only them, not anyone else. Yes the illegals are a main part in the prison systems and a lot of money is wasted in keeping them there. I happen to have an illegal cousin in prison for robbing a bank because he was desperate for money. What makes it worse is that he was an illegal so he gets used as an example mean while the legal citizen bank robber gets put to the back. What im saying is that lets not forget we have plenty of criminals in this country that get by unnoticed because they are legal so its all good and gravy. Where are the message boards for them, where is the discussion about the legal criminals in the prison system and how we should treat them? Where is the discussion boards for the so called citizen marijuana user who gets put into the prison and we waste millions to keep them there while the crime is minute. Wait thats right, there are none because we're not allowed to talk about it. So what do we have left, the illegals which is a perfectly ok to talk about. Lets assume there is threads on them, yet no one discusses it because its ok and they are legal.

Here's my stance. My stance is that some illegals do bad things while some do good things, and because of the wrong ones the good ones go unnoticed. So what happens then? The good ones get punished for the wrong ones. How fair is that? Yes I get it, if your going to migrate then do it the right way, but honestly some don't have the leisure nore the time for that. Some need it right away, some are desperate, just like my parents were. Enforce the law and get rid of the goverment dumb ones who can't decide on right or wrong before you go on bashing on all immigrants.

Peace!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Armour For Victor]

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Armour For Victor]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros
I know this is going to get ignored as my last post but here it goes:

They run to the US because they think they'll have it better. But they don't. Why? Because the same people that control the US control Mexico. People with money.
They try to find jobs here in Mexico and they get low wages. They go to the US they get the same crap. People with money and power abuse the people they rule to get more money and more power.

So here's what I've heard when I lived in the US and met people that jump the border.

"I THOUGHT IT WAS LIKE THE MOVIES."

Gimme a break... how brainwashed can you get?

So, here's the real mind trip: How do you control people?

A) Create a problem and promise a solution?
B) Create a necessity and promise deliverance.
C) Cripple the people and take what you think is yours?
D) All of the above.

I can't believe I always hear the same rant over and over.

"I can't stand these Mexicans here."
"Why don't they go back to Mexico?"

I laugh my butt off every time I hear this. For the few US citizens like myself that have seen both sides of the coin, you start seeing a pattern.

Middle class pissed off at the low class and the high class taking advantage of that.

Here in Mexico, where I currently live, people with money use the middle class' urge to get to the top to manipulate and use them for their own benefit. And the low class as grunt work.

We got smarts and we got muscle, we'll be the brain thank you...

So, it's a matter of social class not race or nationality. Look outside the problem you THINK it is.

And another thing... I've traveled to the US with my Mexican friends and they get confused with US citizens. Funny, it's only the brown indian looking Mexicans that get the crap.

Just food for thought

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Snowcrash]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
Fix yourselfs befor you try fixing anything else.
Peace!

Fix your home countries before deciding to move to America.

Fix America before deciding to force America's way of life upon others.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I guess now we can understand why the Chinese are taking such a tuff stance on Tibet, Xianjian, Outer Mongolia, Manchuria, Taiwan. And with no voting they don't have to worry about their politicians pandering to minorities. This is because they don't want to end up like white people, having their once mighty civilization extinguished before their very eyes.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Some facts and opinions on illegal immigration.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You know what my favorite part of that video is, its where it shows the burning flag of the United States of America and then right after shows Mexicans with the Mexican flag. Clearly the first people burning the flag are not Mexicans. No point in watching the rest of this video.

Im not even going to justify that with a proper response, nor even care to watch the rest of this video.

Screwed information like the one you just posted makes you no better then the MSM trying to get their ratings up.

Peace!

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Armour For Victor]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I never said a word about Mexicans. Stop twisting things around.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

No I know you didnt say Mexicans, Im not saying you did. I have nothing against you. Yea the Mexicans in the video you posted have ignorant arguments and Im ashamed, that doesnt mean all are like that. thats what ive been saying. What my comment was directed too was the video, not you.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They will continue to go there as long as there's people who will hire them. Some (if not most, who knows) don't just gather money and go to the U.S. and see what happens, they usually have a long list of possible contractors.

I'm Mexican (i live in Mexico) and i understand some of my people move to the U.S. or Canada because they want a better life (they should become legal first though), while the other half, goes there not because they need it, just because it's easier to make money there without having to study.

I lived in Canada for 2 months, during that time i was surprised to see the quantity of Mexicans in Vancouver, not only were most of them (i say most because the rest didn't have a job yet) working illegally, they were also stealing from stores, selling drugs and what's worse, exploiting other latinos by becoming contractors, paying them barely enough to survive and charging quite high to the locals for their work.

It was awful, everytime another mexican knew i was one too, the first questions were "You're mexican right?" and "Do you know where can i can find a job?".

It's sad but either become legal ot get out, although i'd appreaciate if the worthless scum (drug dealers, thieves and such) would be thrown to the ocean, we don't want them here either.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It is a shame that the good mexicans have to feel ashamed because others of their culture have been bad. I know that all Mexicans, all illegals are not the same.

If our governments would look after their people and not allow such things to happen, if our governments cared about people instead of the almighty dollar, none of us would be in such a horrible situation.
It astounds me that things have gotten as bad as they are with drugs and violence etc. How did this happen and how can it end?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Had you have watched the video, you would have seen how these people hold their homeland flags proudly, or place it above the American flag, or burn the american flag. It shows people swearing up a storm at legal citizens and raving about how they will take over. Their hatred for us is clear. This is going on all over the USA.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
To anyone who has registered confusion as to why the US government does not put sufficient measures in place to prevent illegal immigration, the answer is simple. Privately they have no intention whatsoever of preventing it. Mass-migration is a key component of the new world order. It is essential to their grand plan.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Seems that way. Clearly, the government has done nothing to help us.
This is an outrage!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I did see the video and I agree. but these are only a percentage of the immigrants here, not all are like that like you have said, the only problem is you only speak about those that are a problem while not aknowledging those that are not. Also, the people burning the American flag are not mexicans nor do I even believe that was done in America. You can find all kinds of people burning the american flag here or there, but I do not believe that in the video they are Mexican.

Like I said the people in this video come off as ignorant Mexicans which some are not even Mexicans, looks to me that most of these people are chicanos. Which is the hispanics that live in California. Here in Texas we call them Tejanos. Although meaning almost the same thing respectively, most tejanos are not like chicanos, just as most Califonians are not like Texans. So yes the people in that video have no clue about what they are doing and because of them all other Hispanics and Mexicans alike now suffer.

True our goverment should focus more on American people then immigrants.

Peace!

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join