It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really freaky, need explaining

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I was resting, i could still hear and see, but all of the sudden, a picture fell off its hook. No vibrations, no wind. HELP!!!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Was it on a nail? Check to see it the nail hole in the wall became widdened by the weight of the picture causing the nail to become loose.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Check all possibilites before thinking it was something else. I wonder, and I noticed something, so I am going to ask.

Why would you think it was something other than a simple falling of a nail or something.

Usually, if it is something else, you would have some other things happening to make a suspicion that it could be something freaky.

So what else has happened that makes you freaked out?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
when i was a bit younger , i used to dj , i had 5 shelves , each shelf containing about 500 12" records and i had thoughtfully placed the shelves over my head where i slept

i awoke in the middle of the night and went to the toilet , when i had returned one of the top shelves had come loose and the metal shelf with its weight of records had crashed to the point where my head was!!!

anyway , it was gravity - do a search

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by acidhead]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Without more details, I'm gonna say its the reason for it falling is pretty mundane.

Maybe air pressure inside the walls? This used to happen to an interior wall that was uninsulated in an old house I lived in. Air pressure would build up from breezes coming through in the attic and move the nail just enough that the weight of the picture made it fall. Or course, the more it was knocked out the less bite the nail had. Yet we kept putting it back up and it kept coming down again. Live and learn I guess.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
DUH! It was a ghost...what else could have caused something that wasn't fixed to the wall to fall.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by mpeake]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
it was gravity - do a search

You rule things out to fast, as this is the paranormal section, it is suggested that it could be something paranormal. The real question is why would someone come to this conclusion and think it is paranormal. There might be other things that have happened behind it that could make one suspect something isnt just gravity.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a shelf fell off the wall so its a ghost , i dont rule things out too fast , you jump to the wrong conclusions too fast

there was nothing at all said above that could rule IN ghosts , try putting some pictures up yourself and a few more bits and see if everything stays in place for an eternity

some things fist-

was the pic nailed or screwed in place?
what was the wall made out of ?
how large was the screw/nail ?
how heavy was the picture and frame?
how damp is the room ?
how much heat expansion does the room have ?
how secure was the picture in the first place ?

etc etc...

when these questions are answered , then you can start to think about paranormal , until then its gravity

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

it was gravity - do a search

You rule things out to fast, as this is the paranormal section, it is suggested that it could be something paranormal. The real question is why would someone come to this conclusion and think it is paranormal. There might be other things that have happened behind it that could make one suspect something isnt just gravity.

Ditto, I wouldn't presume someone would make such afrantic post without having a reason, would you?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a shelf fell off the wall so its a ghost , i dont rule things out too fast , you jump to the wrong conclusions too fast

I never mentioned ghosts, someone else did. In fact, I never suggested anyithing, I asked what else happened lately that would make someone suspect it was something paranormal. You are very fast to jump on this.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You rule things out to fast, as this is the paranormal section, it is suggested that it could be something paranormal.

no shlt sherlock

the main story says nothing other than a pic fell off the wall

so because it is posted in the paranormal section it must suggest something paranormal done it , get real

try doing an explaination of more than 3 lines and then asking for help

i still go with gravity

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Let's take a look at some possibilities and some questions it would help to know the answer to determine whether or not you've had a paranormal event:

Mundane possibilities:
Do you live in a house? The house settling can cause pictures to fall, heat expansion & contraction of walls can cause the nail hole to enlarge, and moisture could cause the wood to soften.
Do you live in an apartment? Someone could have hit the wall from the other side and caused the picture to fall.
What is your proximity to railroads? major highways? construction sites?

Paranormal Possibilities:
Do you know the history of your location? Have there been any disturbances such as deaths, violence, or other powerful events?
Did you feel anything prior to the picture falling or immediately after? Think specifically if you felt an unseen prescence, changes in temperature, or lights of any kind.
Have any events like this happened to you previously? Have you ever noticed things not being in the place you remember leaving them, lights "turning themselves" on/off?

You seem obviously shaken by this, so I get the feeling you've ruled out the mundane possibilities. Let us know more about the paranormal aspects of what happened.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

moisture could cause the wood to soften

when was wood mentioned ?

just a thought

im sorry to sound really negative on this paranormal odity

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Occams Razor...all things possible, the simplest is the most likely....GRAVITY

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Could have been you...Sometimes when I rest things tend to float

TK maybe

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ever hear about something called Okham's Razor?
it's the concept that most things that happen are due to the simplest cause. Not that your situation wasn't paranormal, but usually the simple reson is the correct one.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thats why I was asking if there is more to this story than a simple gravity fall. I think there would be other things surrounding this situation to make someone think it was something out of the norm. Often yep, simplest solution is the easiest one to accept, but sometimes, there is a lot more to it as well. Thats why I want to know what else brought this person to think it was paranormal.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
He He mpeake.... way to go!

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Gislebertus]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Still waiting on curious's reply here.

I can't make any judgement or any sort of conclusion other than gravity without more info...LOL

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wow... looks like you people have been arguing amongst yourselves while i've been gone...lol!!!

Sorry it took so long, internet was broken.

The main thing that makes me think it is not gravity is that the screw was bent sideways. The picture was very light, and i live in a condom(dont be nasty)inium. But as I said before, there was no banging, no disturbances on the othe sides. And yes, things have turned up where I don't put them, but that could be my brother. And I locked my door when I was resting. Sometimes, when I am sleeping, my light turns off even when I don't do it. Enough information to conclude? I'm confused...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join