It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North and South Korea exchange artillery fire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I feel like the reason the United States has focused more on Iran is because North Korea, while having a large military and weapon stockpile (and probably a nuke or two?) probably wouldn't survive a war for very long. Iran on the other hand, they have the same formula as many middle eastern countries, that is, a large stock of willing "freedom fighters" who would come out of the wood work to fight for their cause.

Now, that isn't to say North Korea can't inflict damage, I just think that there is something to be said about a government who doesn't feed its people.

If North Korea did start a war, it would be over in a matter of months, and it wouldn't end well for them.

That's of course assuming Russia didn't stick their noses in.

This is all conjecture, but with the middle east about to boil over and fall apart in so many location, I think North Korea if just trying to get attention.

And I have to agree with other posts on this thread: this has happened for years. I do think however, given the circumstances, this does hold more weight as a dangerious situation.

I also think the government is sitting and waiting for Kim Jong-il to croak. Last I heard many experts were guessing he wouldn't make it through the decade, and somewhere the CIA Factbook said that if (and when) he does pass away, there is a likelyhood of civil unrest and upheaval.

So... it might be safe to wait and see? Even though that hasn't exactly done us good in the past.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think folks mistakenly think any action against Iran would result in massive US troop involvement on the ground. I dont know why folks think that when its been stated over and over again that action against iran will be primarily from the air and sea.

War with NK would be different.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join