It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Make a List of Bible Prophecies that Have Came True

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Lets all make a list of bible prophecies that have came true.

We also need to list the dates they have came true.

We also need to add the ones that have nearly came true... like the ten kingdoms one, and how Obama has passed something that allows America to be broken up into ten states each governed by ten people.

Lets all combine efforts, and try to see what all it would happen, and maybe, just maybe, we can see if anything is near and coming or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Docters will start to deprive man of his true riches. his health.

Well, thats Da Vinci. Not far off atall.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I like it! great idea. I need to find the verse but yesterday there was a thread reguarding all the underground bunkers for the elite and it reminded of (I believe in Mathew) that the powerful will try and hide in the cliffs on the side of mountains but will still be unable to excape gods wrath. Something to that extent.. Also alot of them are covered in the Billy Crole videos.

Passage Revelation 6:15:

15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

[edit on 26-1-2010 by anotherdad]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
God's servant would die for our sins

Prophecy written: Between 701-681 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: About 31 AD

In Isaiah 53:4-6, prophet described a servant as being punished for the sins of others, and that others would be healed by the wounds of this person. Jesus was crucified for our sins, and he was sinless. Christians believe that this ultimate sacrifice redeemed us all from sin in the same way that lambs and other animals were once sacrificed as a symbolic way of cleansing people from sin. Christians believe that we are healed through the wounds that Jesus suffered.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Needless to say this is where we get the phrase "shortlist"

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you .... but all of it has come true, Revelations has come and gone as well as the " antichrist".

every generation thinks the scripture is reffering to them, and everything can be translated differently, .... unfortunately I think the scripture reffered to the times the writers were living in .

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Phlynx

If you're not going to contribute, don't post.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Jesus has not returned thus it has not happened yet or before and by the prophecies themselves would not have happened yet. A few more....
1. There will be a one world gov.
2. A one world currency.
3. Israel will become a country again(1948) and will not fall.
4. The temple in Jurueselum will be rebuilt.
5. A rise in wickedness (worshipping the devil)
6. We will all be (chipped/bar coaded) on our right hand or forehead.
7. Israel will posses the west bank but not the Gollan heights.
8. There will be a rise of false apostle's (Benny Hunn)
9. Christians will be persecuted. (See above) and i'm sure as the thread go's.

There's a few to start you off.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
Jesus has not returned thus it has not happened yet or before and by the prophecies themselves would not have happened yet. A few more....
1. There will be a one world gov.
2. A one world currency.
3. Israel will become a country again(1948) and will not fall.
4. The temple in Jurueselum will be rebuilt.
5. A rise in wickedness (worshipping the devil)
6. We will all be (chipped/bar coaded) on our right hand or forehead.
7. Israel will posses the west bank but not the Gollan heights.
8. There will be a rise of false apostle's (Benny Hunn)
9. Christians will be persecuted. (See above) and i'm sure as the thread go's.

There's a few to start you off.

To make it easier, could you put the actual scripture, because I'm going to put some of them on the main post with the scripture.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

You'll have to give me a few, have to go pick up kids. May not be until tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by Phlynx

You'll have to give me a few, have to go pick up kids. May not be until tomorrow.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Isiah 53 is not in anyway a prophesy that has come "true" the suffering servant is identified and is certainly not referencing or mentioning Jesus.

Here's a little video clip discussing the topic (i don't have time to elaborate right now) which basically agrees where I'm coming from and many people like nice easy video clips anyhoo.

So, Prophesy No 1 "Debunked "

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Phlynx

If you're not going to contribute, don't post.

I thought it was relevant.

Maybe we could all join another Millenarian Cult?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.remnantofgod.org...

Click on this page!

Probably more than you expected?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I like the idea but, not to be a "kill shot" or something, but a big hang up, even in Christian circles, in regards to Bible prophecy is the interpretation of a prophecy/if a statement even is a prophecy.

An example is Micah 5:2. That is the verse where, I believe, it says the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Some Christians don't believe this is a prophecy. Some Jews back in Jesus' day didn't believe it was a prophecy.

Anyway, I've always thought Daniel's 70 weeks was a good example of a biblical prophecy fulfilled.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Isiah 53 is not in anyway a prophesy that has come "true" the suffering servant is identified and is certainly not referencing or mentioning Jesus.

The only identification of the severant in Isaiah 52:13-53-12 is that he is the servant of the Lord, which Jesus could most definitely fulfill.

ETA: This video that moocowman posted is a good example of someone interpreting in such a way to make something not a prophecy. There is no indication that Isaiah 53 is being spoken by the kings. And when he says that "Jacob" is said to be the suffering servant in the preceding chapters, he neglects that sometimes the Messiah is sometimes seen as a representative of the nation as a whole, sometimes being called "Jacob". He is also assuming that only kingly references and not servant-like references refer to the Messiah.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by octotom]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A complete list of Biblical Prophecies that have verifiably come true:

NONE

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
A complete list of Biblical Prophecies that have verifiably come true:

NONE

Even though I tend to agree with you, the alleged bible prophecies are so vague, that anyone can make them anything they want.

Its not like they give names, places or times at which they happen, they just state some passage and people interpret it as what they want. Because bible followers are so set in their way, nothing will sway them from interpreting these a different way

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Hate to break it to you .... but all of it has come true, Revelations has come and gone as well as the " antichrist".

every generation thinks the scripture is reffering to them, and everything can be translated differently, .... unfortunately I think the scripture reffered to the times the writers were living in.

There is a theological concept called the Apotolesmatic Principle...
...which carries the idea that prophecy is infact a cause and effect principle...
...that can re-apply as the cause is repeated...
...so there can be a series of 'fullfillments' in anticipation of a final 'fullfillment' when the prophecy is 'filled full'.

Jesus employed this concept when he refers to the Abomination of Desolation in Matthew 24:15...
...here is the reference...

Matthew 24:15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand):"

The 'shall see' indicates an event future of Jesus time hack...
...and yet Jews considered this prophecy fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanies attempted to destroy Israel's religion...
...by banning any religious practice, erecting an idol in the temple and slaughtering a pig on the altar.

This destruction of Israel was later reversed by the Maccabeen revolution...
...and the temple was restored and Jewish observance recommenced.

The restoration of the temple is commemorated to this day in the feast of Hanukkah (aka The feast of dedication, festival of lights).

Jesus disciples would have understood this past history...
...but Jesus then predicts a yet future application of the Abomination of Desolation.

Pre-millenial Dispensationalists apply the temple/idol/pig thing literally...
...to a future event that requires a rebuilt temple...
...but the temple was a prophetic description of Jesus...
...and all who are united to Him by faith and Spirit are His body...
...so this prophecy is in principle 'fullfilled' whenever Jesus story and/or His people are oppressed or silenced...
...and the Abomination of Desolation is any agent who does it.

So every generation can think that the prophecies apply to them...
...and it's ok!

[edit on 26/1/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
First one comes to mind:
Ezekiel 38
Gog,Magog, Gomer, Tagomarh and his band, Persia, Lybia, Phut will join and come against Israel...
This has not happened in history as yet, so it is yet to be. However, these countries with the exception of Gomer have joined/ formed the CSTO... The Collective Security Treaty Organization. Gog-Magog as identified by Josephus in History of the Antiquities is Scythia or Russia. Tagomarh according to the maps of where Noahs descendants settled is SW Asia..the little -akistan countries, Persia is Iran, Lybia is Lybia, Phut is East africa...Somalia, Ethiopia. Gomer, one of the other descendants of Noah is Turkey. Turkey is moving closer to ties with Russia/Iran and will eventually leave NATO. Never before have these countries been allied, but now we see Ezekiel's 2600 year old prophecy coming to pass.

<<   2  3 >>

join