It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Make a List of Bible Prophecies that Have Came True

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Babylon would never again be inhabited.(50:39) (Saddam Hussein began to reconstruct it in 1985, but was abruptly halted by the invasion of Iraq. Iraqi leaders and UN officials now plan to restore Babylon.)

1 Thessalonians 5:2-11: "For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, Peace and safety, destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

I don't interpret this as not being able to predict the end of times. I interpret it as the end of times coming in a time of peace.

I'm trying to find more.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by troubleshooter

well that's why there are laws about the separation of church and state because at one time, they were the same thing. i had to use the additional descriptions of "pagan roman" and "holy roman" so the division can be seen between the legs and the feet.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by undo]

Your treatment of the feet/toes is a traditional Historicist interpretation...
...and may well prove true...
...I certainly think papal Rome and an apostate protestantism figure in Revelation.

I asked the question at the following location about an alternative or complementary approach...

Are there Aliens in Nebuchadnezzar's toes?
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I would appreciate your comments.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

1 Thessalonians 5:2-11: "For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, Peace and safety, destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

I don't interpret this as not being able to predict the end of times. I interpret it as the end of times coming in a time of peace.

I'm trying to find more.

This could coincide with the first first 3.5 of the seven years.

The Demons in ALiens clothing arrive with lots of free energy and anti-gravity devices to satisfy the cargo-cultists (Greer and co)...
...and we have 3.5 years of 'peace and safety'...

The second 3.5 years will still seem like 'peace and safety' to the masses...
...but a tribulation and a world-wide calvary will be going on behind the scenes.

The 'Man of Sin' can not fully control until the witness of the Spirit through men is silenced.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hi Trouble—

You better do your homework before you start airing your ignorant assumptions for the whole world to see:

You wrote: "1. Between OT prophecies being made and fulfilled, MSS were translated into other languages,the date these translations were done is known. 2. You are ignorant about the methods of transmission,the way the manuscripts were copied and preserved, all minor errors were recorded and faulty copies destroyed. 3. This could have been a viable argument before the discovery of the Dead Sea Scolls,that confirmed the reliability between copies."

You clearly are not conversant with the Facts of the matter in terms of hand written transmission and copies of ancient Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek HAND COPIED texts that form today’s messy manuscript hotchpotch called the ‘Bible’.

A Prophecy was first ORAL, not written; when it WAS written, it was set down by 2nd or 3rd generation compilers, on any material that was at hand (potsherds, palm leaves, stones) the oracles being all OUT OF ORDER, in pericopes and. not worked up into books until a generation or two later AFTER THE SOCALLED PROPHET HAD DIED.

B Later ‘prophets’ would sometimes try to coat-tail on the success of one of his predecessors and FAKE various prophecies in the name of that earlier more widely known 9and more widely hand-copied)’ prophet ‘(e.g. Isaiah chapters 40-55 (aka Deutero-Isaiah written c. 550 BCE) are a slavish FAKE imitation of the style of the man who was responsible for the jumbled oracles found later in chapters 1-39 (aka protoIsaiah c. 701 BCE) and was CLEARLYwritten by a different person.
Ditto for Zechariah chapters 9-12 which are NOT written by the same person who wrote Zech chapters 1-8, and many other examples of the same kind of pseudo-imitation by LATER hands.

Because of this, the content of prophetic ‘oracles’ can never be known in its earliest form --e.g. the PRIMARY ‘oral’ stage which is ‘non permanent’ –hence HEAR the ORACLE of YHWH, (not READ the Oracle) the few exceptions being e.g. Jeremiah who used a scribe named Beruchiah sometimes since he could not write, like most prophets, wandering 'oral bards') thus what was LATER copied BY hAND in their names could easily be faked/changed/adapted/worked into what what later known to have happened—i.e. LONG AFTER AN EVENT BECAME FACTUAL.

That you are NOT aware of any of this is of course no excuse for you.

It is also clear that you have no working knowledge of the Dead Sea Scroll material in Caves 1-11 (the oldest MSS of the Scrolls sealed up in AD 68) for if you had bothered to read for example (that is if you COULD read un-pointed Paleo-Hebrew) the Scroll known as 1Q-IS-b and bothered to compare it to 1QIs-A (2 copies of the ‘Scroll of the Book of the Prophet Isaiah’ you woud know that there is a 20% difference between these two copies of the same book, that is, if you closely compare consonant by consonant (you did know, didn’t you, that Hebrew writings in antiqutiy were ALL hand copied WITHOUT vowels didn’t you?!)

C. Contrary to your claim, translations OUT of the HEBREW into other languages occurred at a very late stage in the written development of the texts in question (i.e. after they had been already tampered with by their final Hebrew editors), so your nonsense reveals your total ignorance of the true state of affairs in this subject.

The messy state of the MSS evidence that to-day’s scholars can examine under the ‘cold light of day’ shows the shameless methodology by which Hebrew (and later Greek) texts of the so-called Old Testament (and later ‘New’ Testament) were hand-copied/transmitted over time in various places and by various levels of scribal accuracy & intentions--especially the prophetic writings which since they deal with ‘oracles’ are particularly vulnerable to SCRIBAL Tampering.

See the wording of the Plagues Warning to copyists to ‘tamper with the texts’ found at the end of the Apocalypse of Yohanon at the end of your Bible—hardly a necessary Warning if scribes were ‘honest’ about their work, or as Jeremiah likes to draw the picture:

‘THE LYING PEN OF THE COPYISTS !!’ (see: Jeremiah 8:8ff)

If you did have any working knowledge ref this matter (even the BASICS !) you would know right away that prophetic texts were ALWAYS handed down FIRST BY WORD OF MOUTH to DISCIPLE GROUPS and only much later were they copied BY HAND (i.e. worked into books) where even MORE errors and sometimes theologically deliberate changes were placed into the margins and later copied into the main bodies of the texts, as Dr Bart Ehrman likes to lay out in some detail for his general-audience readership most of whom alas have no understanding of this (e.g. 'Jesus Interrupted' or 'MisQuoting Jesus') in the original languages

Of course, you would have to be able to read PaleoHebrew, Aramaic and Greek to be able to understand the actual MSS copies that have come down to us after so much hand-copied tampering ---texts that one may now happily examine under a microscope for deliberate scribal changes—and to be able to understand the nuances of how these texts came to be copied in different places at different times, hence the random mess that e.g. Origin discovered when he compiled (for his Hexapla) all the various CONTRADICTORY Greek Old Testament Texts in AD 200 that were all based on earlier CONTRADICTORY Hebrew Vorlagen (Hebrew Underlay texts from which the Greek was translated OUT OF).

D. Contrary to your claim that the Dead sea Scrolls actually support a 'consistent' MSS transmission, it is in fact QUITE THE OPPOSITE in terms of what was actually discovered when the MSS in caves 1-11 sealed up in June of AD 68, – books that later contradicted what is written in modern OT traditions e.g. the Masoretic text of the Jews used today, which are based on a SINGLE Manuscript from Leningrad from c. 960 CE--the DSS material is 1000 years older.

By 200 CE the protoMasoretic text of the paleoHebrew was censored / codified by the Rabbinnic councils into one nearly single unpointed paleo Hebrew MSS family following the so-called Council of Jamnia-Javneh in AD 90 after Jerusalem was ground to powder by the Romans in AD 70 and there was no more Temple (thus more codified texts were used for general worship purposes) – all copies that did NOT match Hillel II’s version of the Hebrew Text were destroyed..only Qumran 1-11 preserved the older MSS showing all the messy Scribal errors.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Sigismundus]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Nice cut and paste...do you feel better now?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Trouble---

Try reading my post a couple of dozen times and look up the big words, then we can discuss this more intelligently. It seems that all of this is new to you for some reason.

Pity, really.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Trouble---

Try reading my post a couple of dozen times and look up the big words, then we can discuss this more intelligently. It seems that all of this is new to you for some reason.

I have already read your only thread on ATS...
...if this is your only argument against the prophetic voice I am sad for you.

A question:
If faith is a line between two points...
...a neutral position is in the centre of that line...
...either end is an extreme negative or positive view...
...and a position off the end of the line on either end is absolute certainty...
...where is your belief in the Resurrection of Jesus?

[edit on 27/1/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

i had the same theory! that the "seed of men" comment is an explosive statement that most are over looking. it also fits into the references michael s. heiser discusses in his paper: introduction to the divine council. we've been lead to believe the old texts discussing the gods of ancient rome, greece, mesopotamia, egypt, india and so on, are all fictitious. i don't think so. here's heiser's paper on it:
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

i'm not entirely historicist, since i view some events as not yet fulfilled, so i'm a partial preterist of sorts...kinda. my issues with this subject are:

1) is it properly translated?
2) if properly translated, have previous mainstream interpretations muddled our understanding of present fulfillments?
3) are the bad guys and the good guys clearly demarcated in the text or are we reading that in part of the time or all of the time?
4) how much of it is metaphorical events for the movements of stars and planets, and how does that apply to the literal events they point to, if at all?

[edit on 27-1-2010 by undo]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Peace in the middle east....in our time, can you say a ssssseven year peace deal perhaps.... very interesting....hmmmmmm

Obama defends Israel, says he's trying to get Israel and Palestinians together for peace talks
By Associated Press

January 28, 2010 | 11:14 a.m.
E-mail Print Share Text Size

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — President Barack Obama says he's working to get the Israelis and Palestinians to resume peace talks.

At a town hall meeting in Tampa, Fla. Thursday, Obama declined under questioning to condemn Israel for actions against the Palestinians. He said Israel is a strong U.S. ally and that he will never waver from helping Israel keep its people safe in a hostile Middle East.

But Obama also said the situation facing the Palestinian people is one that needs attention, too. He said he is seeking a solution in which Israelis and Palestinians can live side by side in peace. But both parties must return to the bargaining table, and that is something Obama said he is working to achieve.

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i had the same theory! that the "seed of men" comment is an explosive statement that most are over looking. it also fits into the references michael s. heiser discusses in his paper: introduction to the divine council. we've been lead to believe the old texts discussing the gods of ancient rome, greece, mesopotamia, egypt, india and so on, are all fictitious. i don't think so. here's heiser's paper on it:
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

i'm not entirely historicist, since i view some events as not yet fulfilled, so i'm a partial preterist of sorts...kinda. my issues with this subject are:

1) is it properly translated?
2) if properly translated, have previous mainstream interpretations muddled our understanding of present fulfillments?
3) are the bad guys and the good guys clearly demarcated in the text or are we reading that in part of the time or all of the time?
4) how much of it is metaphorical events for the movements of stars and planets, and how does that apply to the literal events they point to, if at all?

Yes I have read Michael S. Heiser...he does good work.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm convinced that we are living in the days of the two witnesses and the new age locusts have been released.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The prophesy of Famine, Plague and Pestilence & Earthquakes

What the bible prophesied.

The book of Revelation Chapter 6 the part with the four horseman

And they were given authority and power over a fourth part of the earth to kill with the sword and with famine and with plague (pestilence, disease)

Matthew 24:7

For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be famines, plagues, and earthquakes in various places.

The world reality in 2010

Famine/hunger over 1 billion people are suffering from mild to severe famine.
www.worldhunger.org...

Plagues & Pestilence
Look at the left and click these two 1)Deaths 2)Illness
www.poodwaddle.com...

Earthquakes, we average approximately 25 a day now!
earthquake.usgs.gov...

These are just three of the signs that are undeniably fulfilling bible prophesy.

Some will say but weren't these types of thing always going on throughout history, true, but because of modern technology only now do we know about ALL the earthquakes. Almost everybody knows what is going in other parts of the world these days with modern communication, if there is an outbreak of Ebola in Africa we know very fast whereas 100 years ago we would never have known.

To all the doubters I say this, God always knew man's development of technology combined with basic human greed during the end times would help to fulfill bible prophesies.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Only the end time Christian prophecies remain, which show that Christians will unite and form the NEW NATION, the Gathering, the remnant, and they will not be a political nation because they will not accept the Mark, and shall go to Petra. Here we shall be defended by the Lord, and our 2 Witnesses shall walk back and forth to Jerusalem bringing down the 7 trumpets in their 1260 days reign.

All worldly nations will bow to the power of the AC. He having took Jerusalem for his headquarters, after negating three world powers, meaning the US, Britian, and probably France.

Under this umbrella all outstanding bible prophecies shall be fulfilled.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Lots of interesting thoughts here but if you're a Christian the prophecy you need to look at first is from Psalms of where GOD said they'll take my son and will hang him from a tree.
Some that haven't happened yet is that Persia will destroy Demascus and an earthquake will destroy the temple in Jeruselam
so I do not see them all being done yet
I am not going to make this easy for you and DONT take my word for it
get out your concordance and look them up

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Right now we are here:

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
All I see are vague prophecies that could be interpreted in a hundred different ways by a hundred different people.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I agree. It does not invalidate the bible but it says a lot about the need that some have to interprete this book.

I have also been informed that the bible authors expected the prophesised event to occur within their lifetime or soon after. and this includes revelation and the number of the beast (616) in the interlinear translation of the bible.

Of course it is self evident that the propheses have not come to past so people keep projecting them into the future.

Very sad

T

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You're right guys, those are very vague but it is happening right now.

this is the cincher, the next verse which is not vague at all but not happening yet. When you see it happening, be prepared to change your minds unless of course you're part of the mob.

Matthew 24:9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join