It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Cigarettes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me thinking they are out to get us

But hey it is the GCD section isn't it?

Basically i'm just thinking out loud

I was smoking a light cigarette today, I got it from this guy who's trying to quit
I had light cigarettes, you don't feel it so you take bigger puffs
So I smoked it anyways trying to not to, but it's almost impossible

I told the guy buy regular cigarettes and gradually cut down or just cold turkey it

But they should really ban light cigarettes, it probably kills more people than regular cigarettes do

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Actually in Canada it is illegal for them to list them as "light" cigarettes since such a thing DOES NOT EXIST.

The only difference, if you look closely, is that there are holes in the end of the filter so that you breathe in more air than smoke.

This is why if you pinch them end it feels just like a real cigarette.

Here's a great source of info.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
A couple years ago Canada made it illegal to label cigarettes as light, extra light, etc. In reality they just threw on meaningless adjectives to replace the old vocabulary like "smooth edition" and what have you.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think here in the US they now have to advertise on the light cigarettes that "light" refers to taste and not the amount of nicotine in the actual cigarette.

[edit] to add: I smoked Marlboro Lights up until I got pregnant with my first child and I think I remember seeing that at least on that brand of cigarettes.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by angrymomma]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I just pull out my handy little scissors (Leatherman micro) and snip about half the butt off when I have to bum a Light cigarette.

Went from Salem Light 100's to Marlboro Red...it only slowed my smoking for about 5 days.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think the real conspiracy is that you light the filter when youre drunk because the whole thing is the same color so you end up looking like a jackass in front of everyone

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have always smoked regular or 100's.

What I find appalling is now that government has co-opted tobacco, they lower the nicotine levels and raise the tax. End result; you pay more and you want more cigarettes.

Over the past year I seem to be smoking twice as much then before the new nicotine guidelines.

Plus, the increase in plastic they put in them to be supposedly make them Fire Safe, they taste like crap.

Boy I miss working and having enough to smoke my favorite cigars. I miss sitting back with a good cognac and a cigar and smoking for about an hour.

Those days may be gone forever.

Enjoying anything nowadays is no longer an option. We must feel guilty for doing anything that may be a detriment to society as a whole.

Just leave my damn bad habits alone.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well
I think the real conspiracy is that you light the filter when youre drunk because the whole thing is the same color so you end up looking like a jackass in front of everyone

And it really tasted like crap too.

I have dropped one before lighting it and picked up the wrong end and lit it.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey, my last cigarette went out 3 frelling times.

What the hell more needs to be said.

Give me back my smooth burning cancer sticks damn it!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know you guys should think about quiting not only because they're ripping you off but killing you as well. I haven't had a cigarette in 12 weeks, it was hard at first now I feel great.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Well

HAHAHAHA
Yeah I've done that a few times

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by robowarrior

I've been done smoking since my first child was born ^_^. I don't want to destroy his health. I'm very glad for it now because I'm pregnant with my second child and I know that he/she gets a better kick start from a mommy who hasn't been smoking for a long time haha.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by robowarrior

Not a chance in hell.

I will quit smoking when my wife stops bitching . . . never happening

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree with you that 'light' cigarettes are probably worse for a person to smoke because you do tend to inhale deeper in order to taste it.....

But I don't agree they should be banned....people should always have the choice what they want....the government should butt-out......

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I Just hope the people that smoke know the risks , I'm not entirely convinced the younger smokers do. As long as thier informed about what thier doing I say let smokers be, Maybe they feel that if they make sure they get cancer then they won't be in some horrific car wreck the next day.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've been smoking 100% natural tobacco cigarettes for about a year now. They're made by the Tuscarora Indian Nation in NY. They' re also cheaper than the national name brands. I actually like them better.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

ha i feel yah on that one well lets just hope your one of lucky few that smoking doesn't kill.

join