It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing Music In Reverse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Okay I have gotten a chance to view the Cobain video and for the heck of it I checked out a couple others as well.

Some of the words I could make out clearly without any prompting others sounded like words that were similar. Regardless of what it was there was certainly more than just an odd word here or there. The Smells Like Teen Spirit video was most interesting, it almost sounded like a directed message.

I am not completely sure what to make of this. I know there is something in the media we are being handed though music, movies, and video games. I have felt it for some time and noticed some things here and there. There are certainly hidden messages in this media and some not so hidden messages.

I will look into more of the posted material. I have always been interested in the idea of the playing music backwards when I first heard of it in the 80’s. Now though I think you can get just as much messaging by viewing and listening to the music videos in the normal play direction. Of course suggesting this makes a person a complete paranoid nut case, at least that is what I have gathered from the other thread dealing with music and messages.

But music is normally a big part of people’s lives in one way or another. Suggesting there is something else to it sort of seems to be a taboo.

Raist

[edit on 1/24/10 by Raist]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

"Some of the words I could make out clearly without any prompting others sounded like words that were similar. Regardless of what it was there was certainly more than just an odd word here or there. The Smells Like Teen Spirit video was most interesting, it almost sounded like a directed message. "

The theory says there are entire sentences in reverse for both spoken word and for singing. Whole strings of coherent words.
It's so far out.

"I am not completely sure what to make of this"

I am not completely sure either , but something's there. Like I say in my thread, thousands and thousands of teenagers were playing their records backwards in the sixties and listening to these reversals.

"I have always been interested in the idea of the playing music backwards when I first heard of it in the 80’s. Now though I think you can get just as much messaging by viewing and listening to the music videos in the normal play direction. "

Very good point.

It's only the unconscious that hears these messages according to the theory. Our conscious minds cannot pick up on it.
If this is for real, Raist, it would suggest that Karl Jung's collective is not just real, but that we are speaking to each other from that level , just in reverse, and unconsciously. The theory states a reversal takes place once every thirty seconds or so. And it can be about anything . If you had more than a thirty second conversation with someone today then it is likely you heard and said at least one reversal today. But you did not hear it /say it consciously.
Can you believe it?
We are on a planet where everyone is walking around talking backwards to one another. And nobody ever knew it before recordings were reversed.
And we wonder we why all consider this an ass backwards planet

[edit on 24-1-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Yes, the binaurals, the "bi"means two, as in two different tones in each ear. Actually alot of music like era, is like this and also is quite good for meditations. But of course there is that whole thing about subliminal. I havent used it this way, but audacity can be used to reveal subliminal messages in recordings and backwards as well. I do not know how you use it for the advanced work yet however, but there are good instructional videos on youtubes which were easier to understand than all the pages I googled.

The monitoring I don't want to hijack your thread, but our household has written about sitings and various things, on another topic, and consequently we have had monitoring in our back yard, in the air space out back, and continual taps on the phone. I even busted one of the taps, this one wasn't obvious, ie. subtle clicking nose or a tone, it was silent. But this time I picked up on a presence, a feeling of someone there live. And in the middle of my conversation with my mother I suddenly said "we're being monitored" and got angry, and told him off and what I thought of anyone working for the elite versus serving the public and humanity. He blew his cover and the phone went loudly click click click, in a mad jerking fashion. My mother was shocked.

So I imagine my internet gets monitored as well. Yes that day they shut it off about 5 times altogether. Each time I had to unplug the router and the modem and leave it off for 5 minutes, and keep restarting computer and repairing the connection until finally it would work.

Putting subliminals, ie. your own positive messages or affirmations, into meditational tracks looks a really good technique for awareness, maybe encouraging life changes, and drawing what you want with the law of affinity.

I would be curious about many names in reverse speech. Wonder just how prevalent this is, beyond the music, beyond media and news. What about all of the disclosure type media as well? Project Camelot interviews for example.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've heard the Darling Nikki one before, and if I'm not mistaken there is another one somehwere on the Purple Rain album. On Public Enemies first album there is a song called MEGA BLAST and it deals with a crack head. Well at the end it's supposed to be a crackhead talking but if you play it in reverse you get how it's supposed to sound playing forward. However, I see a difference in recording something and then placing it in reverse as opposed to speaking/sing and subconsciously saying something that can be heard backwards.

BTW, anyone here heard of EVP?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Ha...that's funny you found that. Obviously, in trying to remember back 20 plus years, I have gotten the words mixed up. What I remembered from stairway (part of it anyways) was actually darling nikki. Once you know what it sounds like, you can recognize it in the songs. I often hear songs that have 'reverse speak' in them.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Gonna have to say I disagree. Not with the fact that when people put up websites with videos that put up lyrics of reversed songs that do actually sound like the lyrics most of the time, that i agree with it's pretty neat to say the least. But that's it. Because for a person to hear this for the first time with no lyrics visable they hardly pick up anything, if anything maybe one word, but hey if you try hard enough your imagination will just make a word!

Now if anyone knows of any artist that intentionally choose their lyrics so that there is a dual art in writing, forward and reverse, then there, that's your real explanation. But as far as attributing this to a reverse code of the unconscious mind, sorry but i'll stay skeptical.

I think it's more plausible that who ever was the first to discover this took some time in thinking of words that could make sense and fit together with a song in reverse so that when we saw the lyrics with what we originally could hardly make out, it now all makes perfect sense. I'm sure it would take time, but when you think about it, we have always been seeing and hearing things that aren't really there, because it's how our mind recognizes patterns in everything.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Fascinating, Unity. We should u2u about these things

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Ha...that's funny you found that. Obviously, in trying to remember back 20 plus years, I have gotten the words mixed up. What I remembered from stairway (part of it anyways) was actually darling nikki. Once you know what it sounds like, you can recognize it in the songs. I often hear songs that have 'reverse speak' in them.

It's so funny I know! I did not know of reversals in Purple Rain when I wrote this thread. It was incredibly cool to find myself there looking for the details of the Darling Nikki song and then finding them.
I almost derailed my own thread trying to tell you about it

Stairway has a brilliant one , man. And the music of stairway in reverse has a measure that is just musically so insanely cool.
It sounds to me like what you are hearing is the backmasking technique I mentioned earlier in the thread. You can detect it due to it's strange sound in regular play.
You are not able to hear the reversals in music or in conversation with your conscious mind according to the theory.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
I've heard the Darling Nikki one before, and if I'm not mistaken there is another one somehwere on the Purple Rain album. On Public Enemies first album there is a song called MEGA BLAST and it deals with a crack head. Well at the end it's supposed to be a crackhead talking but if you play it in reverse you get how it's supposed to sound playing forward. However, I see a difference in recording something and then placing it in reverse as opposed to speaking/sing and subconsciously saying something that can be heard backwards.

BTW, anyone here heard of EVP?

Purple Rain is an amazing album in regular play. I remember seeing the film when I was young . It was nice how it synched up or whatever that's called here in this thread.
The example you give about Public Enemy is one of backmasking. It's more common than people think.
I have heard of EVP. It's a theory that spirits can be picked up on recordings, right?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Gonna have to say I disagree. Not with the fact that when people put up websites with videos that put up lyrics of reversed songs that do actually sound like the lyrics most of the time, that i agree with it's pretty neat to say the least. But that's it. Because for a person to hear this for the first time with no lyrics visable they hardly pick up anything, if anything maybe one word, but hey if you try hard enough your imagination will just make a word!

Now if anyone knows of any artist that intentionally choose their lyrics so that there is a dual art in writing, forward and reverse, then there, that's your real explanation. But as far as attributing this to a reverse code of the unconscious mind, sorry but i'll stay skeptical.

I think it's more plausible that who ever was the first to discover this took some time in thinking of words that could make sense and fit together with a song in reverse so that when we saw the lyrics with what we originally could hardly make out, it now all makes perfect sense. I'm sure it would take time, but when you think about it, we have always been seeing and hearing things that aren't really there, because it's how our mind recognizes patterns in everything.

The reversals don't sound like the lyrics at all . They often don't even contain the same vowel and consonant sounds as the word that's being spoken in forward speech.
This is some bizarre s$%t .
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

You wrote " it's more plausible that who ever was the first to discover this took some time in thinking of words that could make sense and fit together with a song in reverse so that when we saw the lyrics with what we originally could hardly make out, it now all makes perfect sense"

If you think that's what happened here then you haven't read the thread. You haven't seen what else is going on about these things. Please check the links in this very thread if you want to know more. Or don't. But don't write back unless you do. You need a foundation and you didn't bother looking at all that was here on this thread. Also the posts that come after a thread are often a good place to see what people are saying about a thread if you don't completely know what's going on in a thread on this site.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

The reversals don't sound like the lyrics at all . They often don't even contain the same vowel and consonant sounds as the word that's being spoken in forward speech.
This is some bizarre s$%t .
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

You wrote " it's more plausible that who ever was the first to discover this took some time in thinking of words that could make sense and fit together with a song in reverse so that when we saw the lyrics with what we originally could hardly make out, it now all makes perfect sense"

If you think that's what happened here then you haven't read the thread. You haven't seen what else is going on about these things. Please check the links in this very thread if you want to know more. Or don't. But don't write back unless you do. You need a foundation and you didn't bother looking at all that was here on this thread. Also the posts that come after a thread are often a good place to see what people are saying about a thread if you don't completely know what's going on in a thread on this site.

You can take my above quote and apply it to the entire thread, I wasn't just talking about lyrics with songs on YouTube. It's just my opinion, I don't think that Mr. Oates is really onto anything here. He talked about how people revealed reversals in conversation, and that when put together, would reveal a metaphor to their subconscious. His research may have been going on for some time, but it sounds more like this. Pareidolia

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

You CANT take that and apply it to the whole thread. Not as a logical argument against speech reversals.
You disagree and I respect that. I appreciate your opinion.
Go back and look at the videos from the Gililand Ranch where John Kelly gives a presentation on speech reversals. You can't apply what you are saying to what he is doing. But you CAN say that you disagree.
You don't have to logically support an opinion. But you DO have to do that with an assertion. And the assertion you made about what every single person is doing with them is illogical.

While I understand that it sounds like seeing faces in the clouds to you I would respectfully have to say that we are of different opinions about this subject.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Ok, I'll admit when I came into this thread, I read the comments, and looked at the website with some information on it and thats what my reply based off of. But after I saw those videos that Jon Kelly at ECETI showed, I can only say that they were absolutely no different from what I originally said.

Jon Kelly used the same technique - He finds a message, either audible or barely audible, discovers what is possibly a subconscious message, which is confirmation bias because he already believes this (it basically distorts his findings) - and once he knows the message he can make sense of it as long as it is relative to something else.

Now when I say he used the same technique I mean in the way as you, the audience, reacts. Now when Mr. Kelly presented anything in those videos audio/visual, he told you what you were expected to hear/see. This is extremely important, the power of expectation, to be able to find the same patterns before discovering them ourselves, because he knows if we discovered them ourselves we would either not find the same thing, or not find anything. Remember he is "experienced in the field".

This guy IS convincing, because he does form your thinking. If he asked every member individually what they heard or what they saw, I wouldn't be surprised if they had little or no input.

1. Using what sounds/looks like this or that, allows alot of room for error, and alot of room for manipulation.
2. Does this apply only to the english language?
3. If so why?
4. if I had no thought process, if someone gave me a script to read out loud, would i still find subconscious sentences really based off my own subconscious? or would it just be word-play from what we found from a reversal? Its Pseudoscience, and IMO a show unintentional or not.

I understand what this thread is about, and the topic is interesting.

we have always been seeing and hearing things that aren't really there, because it's how our mind recognizes patterns in everything.

apply it to the whole thread.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by juveous]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Backwards? Who needs that when songs are so much fun played correctly?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

You are still doing nothing more than stating your opinion. I disagree with it. But you don't seem to understand that.
I know what you're saying, and I disagree. You don't seem to get that.
The part about Kelly saying what he hears before telling the audience makes it suspect. I know that.
What I also know is that a) you looked at a title b) looked at some posts , and c) made a reply when you first came to this thread.

You admitted this. Now you come back rehashing the same thing you've been saying all along, except now you've watched some videos, and you somehow still think that I need to hear what your opinion is after you gave it to me already like three different times.

You're like "Dragonsmusic I went and watched the videos , yay! Now I know what the thread's about! Now my comments should count to you, dragonsmusic! They really should now!"

[edit on 24-1-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Thank you, TheLoony, I love OPETH. Fu#$ing adore OPETH.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Hey it happens, people disagree on ATS, some people support their opinions, just remember mine were for everyone in the thread not just you, but what did you expect? you called me out on what the thread was "really about"

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hey it happens, people disagree on ATS, some people support their opinions, just remember mine were for everyone in the thread not just you, but what did you expect? you called me out on what the thread was "really about"

You were the only one in the thread that was directly offering an opposing view point. Which you did eight different times.

Who did you have to speak for then? What gave you the feeling that you had to speak for everyone else as if they don't have f$%king brains of their own?
Why did you feel threatened enough about this to make your point over and over and over and over again?

Your sarcasm makes me laugh considering your initial argument , which I will post again, was

"I think it's more plausible that who ever was the first to discover this took some time in thinking of words that could make sense and fit together with a song in reverse "

THAT'S what you think can be applied to John Kelly's presentation as well as the Nirvana video?

LMAO

Flawless logic, ol boy!
Stupendous!
You got me!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
You were the only one in the thread that was directly offering an opposing view point. Which you did eight different times.

Who did you have to speak for then? What gave you the feeling that you had to speak for everyone else as if they don't have f$%king brains of their own?
Why did you feel threatened enough about this to make your point over and over and over and over again?

Your sarcasm makes me laugh considering your initial argument , which I will post again, was

"I think it's more plausible that who ever was the first to discover this took some time in thinking of words that could make sense and fit together with a song in reverse "

THAT'S what you think can be applied to John Kelly's presentation as well as the Nirvana video?

LMAO

Flawless logic, ol boy!
Stupendous!
You got me!

Did I really get you?

and again, yes, although I am the only person in this thread with alternate views, did I say anything about speaking for anyone?
No. I just said my opinion is for everyone, not just you. Do you suggest I only post in threads that have other supporting opinions so i don't feel like an outsider?
Threatened, are you serious? The topic is interesting to people clearly, but no one bothered to mention the alternate view, which is neccessary all the time
Talking to the dead is fascinating, astrology is fascinating, but the more people open the discussion the more flexible their understanding is. But I'm sure you know that.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by juveous]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Words that I write are only significant for you in terms of being able to twist them.
Points that I make are ignored. That's astounding and says so much.
You still can't take it that I showed you the flaw in your argument, not once , but twice. Which is why you refuse to respond to it.
LMAO
My energy is wasted on you.
Do you know how many times I thanked you for your opinion? Several, but you'll probably take that and twist it to mean that I need you to thank me. I point it out because being respectful of you never registered with you. It never mattered. It speaks volumes about you.
You're not the kind of person who just wants to make a point. You keep going to get as much energy from someone else as you possibly can.

I am looking forward to seeing yet another post of yours on this thread where you twist the bits that you DO read and IGNORE the bits that bring your ignorance to light.
Can't f&^king wait, homey.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join