It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military shoots down disk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Some may have seen this vid before, I havn't myself, but after seeing it, was pretty amazed.
I know from flying R/C aircraft, that if this was a model, it would have disintegrated upon impact, but this object doesn't, it breaks a little though.
The audio in this vid with multiple participants sounds quite genuine.
Has anyone seen this before? I believe this to be a real "shot down" disk. Seeing it makes me feel a bit sick inside that the US is shooting these down, assuming this is genuine. It definitely doesn't look like any satellite as one youtube commenter mentions.
Posting the youtube link as I can't seem to get the youtube video embedder to work right.

UFO shot down

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Cool video

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is blatant stupidity at it's finest. People really need to fact check before they post videos that are mislabeled and misleading. Furthermore, the titles on these threads should be changed to what is actually happening in the video so the rest of us aren't embarrassed to be on this message board. I expect people around here to be little sharper than your average 12 year old you-tube troglodyte.

This above link is a NASA video of a re-entry vehicle launched to gather comet material. It's re-entry into earth's atmosphere obviously had issues. Sorry for being blunt, but this kind of crap is getting repetitive.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have heard the claim that this is a failed satellite. But I don't know, there seems to be movement inside the broken craft after it plows into the ground.
By the way, your avatar is one of the coolest/horrific on ATS. Are they all falling into hell?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Violater1]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Why dont people read the comments of a video that they post? Then they would know what they are posting, and not post video's with stupid titles that lie about the content. It has also been posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I would think that we might refrain from name calling ?

The O.P'er made a post of a video that they found , gee lighten up folks . We can criticize a thread but lets not name call the O.P'er

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
This above link is a NASA video of a re-entry vehicle launched to gather comet material. It's re-entry into earth's atmosphere obviously had issues. Sorry for being blunt, but this kind of crap is getting repetitive.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

Already heard this version dipsquid
but it doesn't look like any known satellite configuration. it looks like a DISK

if you can't come here and relate logically and read the post first then you are the one embarrasing this site.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
Why dont people read the comments of a video that they post? Then they would know what they are posting, and not post video's with stupid titles that lie about the content. It has also been posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did read the comments first, as stated in the original post. can you read?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Great video but it is the Genesis capsule returning to earth. You can even hear them talking about the chute failing to deploy on the youtube video. Here is a link with more info:

wikipedia article

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
ah well then....
looks like i went for a ride
and then another ride in the gutter with ATS police wannabes

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit
I did read the comments first, as stated in the original post.

Then you would have seen it was the Genesis spacecraft from NASA, and then gone here en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

His avatar is from the Wendy's commercials, not quite falling into hell but nobody likes a bad cheeseburger from McDonalds.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Something moves inside the disk.
Watching in full screeen, From minute 2,06 to minute 2,22, it seems that something moves inside of the fracture in the left part of the disk…

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

Already heard this version dipsquid
but it doesn't look like any known satellite configuration. it looks like a DISK

thats because it is NOT a satelite , it is a re entry vehicle

as you demand logic , may i ask a question ?

did you look at the official footage of the genesis re entry vehicle ? or any websites / images of that program ?

if not - why not ?? because if you had you would have reached the inescapable conclusion that the " version " that states its the genesis probe was correct

if you did - why do you persist in the delusion that it is a " shot down ufo " ?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

Just a side note, this footage was shown on most of TV stations, live. The failed genesis re-entry was quite a sickening thing to watch! I probably saw it on FOX... I don't really remember. That was back when I thought FOX sometimes told the truth LOL.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit

UFO shot down

I saw this on BBC news when it happened. It was the Nasa Genesis capsule returning to earth and failing to deploy it parachutes.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
Watching in full screeen, From minute 2,06 to minute 2,22, it seems that something moves inside of the fracture in the left part of the disk…

Could be sparks of some of the failed (after smashing into the ground at such velocities) and broken instruments...

I'm just sayin'...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh for the love of god please PLEASE PLEASE trash bin this thread.

We know what the crashing object is - we knew by LISTENING to the video on (b)yootube

We should have known it by a little ( and I mean very little ) research

We now should know it by the responses ( and good ones I may add ) given in this very thread

its not a disc - not a flying saucer - not a satelite - not scooby doo - not little green men - not a roswell "best of clip" - IT IS A NASA RE-ENTRY VEHICLE.

SO, a thread that should have never been started has had ALL questions answered - why is it still open?

This is why ( among MANY other reasons ) when I mention aliens to other people they roll their eyes at me. If we as a community can't even identify a NASA comet dust gathering vehicle that crashed because a paracgute didn't open and it was HUGE news at the time, how can we identify an unidentified object?

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You people are the worst. Calm down. He posted a video. It's not like there aren't a billion other threads for you to people look at it if you don't like this one. You know exactly who you are and I'm sick of the ATS police always coming in with their rude and distasteful comments. Seriously grow up. The OP is just curious. Anyway, yeah that's a legit NASA video but nothing extraordinary. Does look like it could be something great though doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

*grabbs rolled up newspaper*

NO! NAUGHTY!

its a nice enough video though

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join