It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard about the messeges?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
The new signal was being beamed directly at earth and was in morse code! The scientists translated the signal , with great excitement, only to realise that the first communication from an intelligent lifeform had said "We weren't talking to you."

That bit is definitely loud-out-loud hilarious... not good at 11.30pm with a sleeping 91yr old mother in the next room

Thanks for that TrueBrit, I needed that laugh... and to answer your question (sort of), it's the first time I've heard of this.

S&F .. especially for the above bit

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

The scientists translated the signal, with great excitement, only to realise that the first communication from an intelligent lifeform had said "We weren't talking to you."

This is so funny I would really love it to be true!

Just imagine the effect this would have on the egos of the world leaders!

[edit on 8/6/10 by Insomniac]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh my ..

Am I the only one here old enough to have immediately thought of Star Trek IV (the movie) when I read the OP?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Oh man, you are so right. If true it would be the funniest joke not of the millennium, but of all human history. No doubt it would be nominated for the equivalent of a cosmic Tony award, or whatever it might be called. If an ET joke which seems likely It's nice to see someone who looks at it, and themselves with the spirit "John, get out here! The aliens are here early and I'm not ready! No doubt if the human race makes it to the far future and we remember this, I would have no trouble taking these few words and creating a whole theology around this. It would include something like "oh no, the deeper message was not God rejected us, but he called us back at all.... and so it goes. Somethings really don't change, except our perspective.l

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hey TrueBrit , just curious to know , is it really a Hoax ? I wonder why a person like Rupert Mathews would write such a horrible thing in his book - Alien Encounter ? If its hoax , Rupert will totally loose his credibility . Thanks .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So there IS intelligent life out there-and they have discernment and good taste also :-)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
Hey TrueBrit , just curious to know , is it really a Hoax ? I wonder why a person like Rupert Mathews would write such a horrible thing in his book - Alien Encounter ? If its hoax , Rupert will totally loose his credibility . Thanks .

...but maybe also sell a lot of books.

Even if he loses credibility with most people, there will always be some people willing to blindly believe what he is saying and buy his books. There are a lot of hucksters out there making money selling books and devices who don't have much credibility -- although people still buy their books and devices.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Heck, that was a joke that was circulating years ago- I remember putting it up on facebook. I never ever thought we'd see someone thinking it was serious.......

edit on 28-11-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Give us one Credible information to prove the story ' we were not talking to you ' is : Joke of The century . [Its really very easy to ridicule and discredit any Alien/UFO claim]

edit on 28-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by Bluesma

Give us one Credible information to prove the story ' we were not talking to you ' is : Joke of The century . [Its really very easy to ridicule and discredit any Alien/UFO claim]

It is also really very easy for Rupert Matthews to claim he has a friend at NASA who says they picked up an alien signal.

I can claim I have a friend at NASA who says they didn't. See how easy that is?

edit on 11/28/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The answer maybe come from an alien ore mining crew who know about our presence and have strickt instructions to keep the directions of their communications antennas away from Earth.

This dirty dusty out-fit by accident made the mistake, didn't know what to do and pretended to be invisable..Once aware there was no hiding they took the initiative to be clear and decisive...

For us a moment in the history of mankind....for them like an insignificant stepping on the cats tail.

edit on 28/11/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join