It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross: Plans to bring 45000 Haiti refugees to Florida

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

stop crying then ffs. 45,000 haitian refugees are not going to land on your doorstep, ok.

get a grip.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I live in Miami and we have a lot more than a 100,000 Haitians here already.

Most of them work, pay their taxes, and keep to themselves in their own little neighborhoods.

They are very jovial and good natured people for the most part. They love to argue about inconsequential things and will spend hours arguing good naturedly with one another about things that don’t merit a second thought.

They are kind of cute, and for the most part harmless.

I don’t mind taking in another 45,000 of them.

Hey the more the merrier. Some of you people really ought to lighten up!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Dare I crack open this can of worms? Open Gitmo first off. The "pooch" has already been screwed on this deal.
The US has housed and processed many Hatian and Cuban peoples at Gitmo for legal entry into the US in the past and it worked well. I know first hand because I worked at Gitmo in 95 helping with this task. All issues were attended as well as separation of prisoners and fugitives from the the political refugees.
We dont need contaminants at Miami International. Many people think of Guantanamo in a negative aspect, but the place is designed for just this type of emergency. There we can carefully and properly process the people that will become Americans.

If it were me I would have dropped alot of parrachutes surrounding the quake area in the first day, completely geared up and everybody meets in the middle after weve pulled out all the survivors and assesed the dead. I dont know why we didnt do this. I believe its taking entirely too long. I know if we wanted to invade a country anywhere in the world that we could establish a pretty good prescense in less than 24 hours. I understand that the desire for troop safety is a concern, but troopers go into raging gun battles on a regular basis. Are those less dangerous than an earthquake?

We have the greatest search andrescue/fighting force on the planet with unbelieveable mobility and versatility, why arent we using them? Its what they train for.

Im simply saying I think alot more life could be positively affected in a more expedient fashion instead of trying to get everybody on-board financially before we decide to make it an emergency.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Rockpuck is right.

We need to look after ourselves. Why is the Government rushing to aid, feed, cloth and move foreigners .. but we cannot give healthcare, food, clothes and shelter to our own impoverished children? Children BORN IN AMERICA?

Priorities. For once in our lives, let's let other countries pick up the slack, and allow private volunteers and organizations to do what they can. Government needs to stay out of it.

As stated before, I help in a soup kitchen in a large city. We have enough of our own countrymen that need assistance.

Why fix someone elses house when yours is falling apart?

Makes no sense.

If our government is involved rest assure someone is making a profit.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

absoloute rubbish of the highest order

If you want to bang on about history as your reason for shipping them in, you could say US history was not good to blacks, so in the spirit of that history they should be kept out.

Unfortunate as their predicament is, they are an independent nation, there is no "right" to upsticks and move to the US

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Most of them work, pay their taxes, and keep to themselves in their own little neighborhoods.

They are very jovial and good natured people for the most part. They love to argue about inconsequential things and will spend hours arguing good naturedly with one another about things that don’t merit a second thought.

Im sorry, but excuse me if I don't agree with the mass movement of Haitians because you deem them "cute"

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
funnie thing is these relocations never realy worked out in the past, just look at darfur or how katarina was handeled

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Sorry but I have no compassion for them when I see so many Americans suffering in the United States.

Suffering??

How many American do you know that have no access to clean water? How many Americans do you know that live on less than 2 dollars a day? How many American children die of gastreontitis, in Haiti it's the number one killer of children.

But yeah it's not your problem of course, they are diseased third worlders, and it isn't YOUR responsibility to to take care of them. You have no compassion, you have no HUMANITY!

Some of the responses on here make me literally ill. Sometimes I am really ashamed of the human race.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

One of the best posts I have ever read on the site...you truly hit the nail on the head in a way that maes it all very clear,KUDDOS!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Im sorry, but excuse me if I don't agree with the mass movement of Haitians because you deem them "cute"

Your excused! You do understand you won't actually get a say in this process and that we live under and in a Corporate Goverment Military Dictatorship right?

They are cute! Might as well look at the bright side friend.

You might want to lighten up a bit, you are bound to end up with ulcers!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

Sorry but I have no compassion for them when I see so many Americans suffering in the United States.

Suffering??

How many American do you know that have no access to clean water? How many Americans do you know that live on less than 2 dollars a day? How many American children die of gastreontitis, in Haiti it's the number one killer of children.

But yeah it's not your problem of course, they are diseased third worlders, and it isn't YOUR responsibility to to take care of them. You have no compassion, you have no HUMANITY!

Some of the responses on here make me literally ill. Sometimes I am really ashamed of the human race.

So how many of them are you willing to sponsor to enter the UK?

You have no idea how many Americans are suffering in the current economic crunch. You might want to ask an unemployed who has recently lost his house how he feels about setting up 45,000 foreigners in this country.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

I pray that they take advantage of what the American people are giving them and keep their A*** over there.

We don't need them here in this country to take away homes that our own homeless families need.

Originally posted by MaxBlack
These so called refugees are located right next door to the Domincan Republic. Why would we want to bring them here, unless its to create the exact kind of "OMG" what are they going to do in Florida?

Originally posted by OhZone
Just what we need.
More ignorant, illiterate, diseased 3rd worlders.

I only have one thing to respond to such hypocrates: Read the fine print

And for all American Immigrants:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
WTF??!?! Are you all so Xenophobic that the thought of some CAREFULLY SELECTED Citizens of a ravaged country makes you feel like the end is nigh?

These people need help! Whether it be taking them in or giving them aid, IT IS YOUR DUTY to help them. IT IS YOUR DUTY to help out and give Alms to any group of people that clearly need it.

Seriously, what is wrong with some of the people posting on this thread, IMMIGRANTS Poor and Rich BUILT YOUR DAMN COUNTRY! Yes a small minority of these people will undoubtedly cause some trouble but that is nothing new, sometimes you have to butch up and and take it FOR THE GOOD OF THE MANY.

You seem to have no problem with you own people invading another country to "help out" but when it comes to them seeking to live a better life in your nation you so callously disregard them?

YOUR ARE HUMANS FIRST AMERICANS SECOND, it is time the WHOLE world learnt that.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

what's the big deal, once upon a time the new promised land was totally open for any immigrants, uhmmmm, or maybe we should correct it to for "White European dudes and slaves?".....

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I hate people who think they are the "SUPER CARERS" of the world

How dare you lecture others, do you spend your entire day helping those dying, those in need, those homeless, do you trawl the cancer wards providing comfort to dying folk, do you visit old peoples' homes spending precious time with people who barely see anyone including their family, do you donate ALL your money (except bare living essentials such as food, clothing and heating) to charities etc etc

Self righteous nonsense

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
You can text HAITI to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross Haiti relief (the $10 will show up on your phone bill). To everyone who has donated, thank you.

As for the OP and some of the people's comments here, sorry, but I don't feel any less sorry for homeless Americans than I do homeless Haitians.

If you really want to be specific about who deserves to be helped first, the Americans didn't have an earthquake happen out of nowhere. So if you really want to be critical, it's the Americans' fault. Especially after hearing how much compassion Pat Robertson and his ilk have. (Does he still have ANY followers? I mean ones who are willing to say it in public, not their local Bible-study/KKK meeting)

As for the Haitians, the only thing they did wrong was have an earthquake happen that was out of their control. If the Red Cross decides to let them in the US then I support their decision 100%. Besides, most of them already had citizenship anyway, to the US. The ones who are already here have already been given only 18 months to stay with their families.

In short, have some compassion. In short, what has Pat Robertson done for the average working-class American, the one who people say we should help first before we help Haiti?

If we do that we'll be waiting a long time! Cuz Guess What Pat Robertson Must Consider You Cursed, Too.

All you tea-baggers do is complain. Now you even dare to complain about charity groups (actually this isnt anything new, you right-wing radicals have been doing this for some time as an excuse to not have to partake in the virtue of charity).

Grow up!

Edit: This is not a response to the posts directly above this one.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by ForAiur]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForAiur
You can text HAITI to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross Haiti relief (the $10 will show up on your phone bill). To everyone who has donated, thank you.

As for the OP and some of the people's comments here, sorry, but I don't feel any less sorry for homeless Americans than I do homeless Haitians.

If you really want to be specific about who deserves to be helped first, the Americans didn't have an earthquake happen out of nowhere. So if you really want to be critical, it's the Americans' fault. Especially after hearing how much compassion Pat Robertson and his ilk have. (Does he still have ANY followers? I mean ones who are willing to say it in public, not their local Bible-study/KKK meeting)

As for the Haitians, the only thing they did wrong was have an earthquake happen that was out of their control. If the Red Cross decides to let them in the US then I support their decision 100%. Besides, most of them already had citizenship anyway, to the US. The ones who are already here have already been given only 18 months to stay with their families.

In short, have some compassion. In short, what has Pat Robertson done for the average working-class American, the one who people say we should help first before we help Haiti?

If we do that we'll be waiting a long time! Cuz Guess What Pat Robertson Must Consider You Cursed, Too.

All you tea-baggers do is complain. Now you even dare to complain about charity groups (actually this isnt anything new, you right-wing radicals have been doing this for some time as an excuse to not have to partake in the virtue of charity).

Grow up!

or you could blame the devastating effects of the earthquake on the Haitians as they have continued to build homes on this faultline, they have generated such a stunted country that there was precious little infrastructure and services before the quake hit and the homes were built of such shoddy quality etc etc

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

You have no idea how many Americans are suffering in the current economic crunch. You might want to ask an unemployed who has recently lost his house how he feels about setting up 45,000 foreigners in this country.

Again, see my last post, YOU have no idea what suffering is.

And by the way, I know first hand the "suffering " of unemployed Americans. My brother is an unemployed American who lost his house because he couldn't afford the mortgage anymore. Yet he still manages to get clean drinking water, feed his three kids and should the worst happen and one of them die he won't have to bury them in shallow grave at the side of the road somewhere.

Stop being selfish, you might lose your home and have to move into an apartment, or God forbid a rented trailer, but they'll be living in tents and #ting in holes for a long time to come.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
Again, see my last post, YOU have no idea what suffering is.

oh, but of course YOU do

And by the way, I know first hand the "suffering " of unemployed Americans. My brother is an unemployed American who lost his house because he couldn't afford the mortgage anymore. Yet he still manages to get clean drinking water, feed his three kids and should the worst happen and one of them die he won't have to bury them in shallow grave at the side of the road somewhere.

Stop being selfish, you might lose your home and have to move into an apartment, or God forbid a rented trailer, but they'll be living in tents and #ting in holes for a long time to come.

stop preaching, unless you are spending every minute of your day helping out the needy and donating all your money except the barest, AND I MEAN BAREAST, TALKING ABOUT THE CHEAPEST FOOD IMAGINABLE, NO TV, NO PC, NO ENTERTAINMENT ETC THEN STOP PREACHING FROM YOUR GLASS HOUSE

They lived like SH ONE T before the earthquake and will always be a basket case unless they assume colonial status

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I'm preaching? No. I'm just annoyed that people can be damned selfish as not see past their own petty problems. Because in the larger scheme of things losing my house is nothing compared to losing my life.

And yes, Haiti has been a # hole for a long time, does that mean we can just write off the HUMAN BEINGS that make up it's population?

Your attitude in any case seems to be the majority at ATS anymore, the more cold blooded and selfish the better, afterall that's the American Dream isn't ?

My guns, my money ,my freedom and screw everyone else....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join