It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross: Plans to bring 45000 Haiti refugees to Florida

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I am not American, but would not agree with your own stereotype anyway.

I am British, and in Britain it is estimated 50,000 people, mainly elderly, will have died because of the cold snap, I want my money spent on the needy here thanks, Haiti is an independent nation, it fought for its independence and had its moment of glory cutting up white women and children

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Man, there are NO JOBS here for us, NONE! The only ones listed want to pay you sh*** wages or are outright frigging scams. I just got scammed and hired for a job that was totally dependant on door to door sales commission only (In crime infested areas mind you) After dark hours, lol...as you can expect I walked out of orientation, but I digress, the fact is there is absolutely no work for US residents down here wtf are they going to do when they come here? Really??? Has anyone thought of that? Or will they be given jobs in cherry positions while I struggle to bring food to my childrens' table? That is my concern.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

You said Obama may allow this, and why not? He's the president/citizen of the world remember; he can move his people around anywhere he damn well pleases. Hahahaha.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

their country is leveled. They need help, and our Statue of Liberty says we will take them. ?????

we HAVE to until we change it. It makes us (me included) a bunch of hypocrits.

Now let me see if I got this right? The French turned their back and support for Haiti by giving them independence and they gave the USA Statue of Liberty.... Seems to me that the French are very clever.

Now who can we give a statue of Liberty to so that we may be allowed to take care of our own homeless, Vets of all US wars who our country has turned their backs on and are so willing to help another nation. If we can float off the Statue of Liberty to another nation then maybe we can finally take care of New Orleans, as we should have done in the first place.

Am I right we sent more aid to Haiti that we did for New Orleans and quicker?

All this aid and money sent out of country when we have 10% unemployment with people daily loosing their family homes. Our own American homeless are sick, cold, hungry and ill will start to be envious of Haiti and wish for their own disaster to happen before the American government and people to see and help them!

To quote another poster in this thread, "I am sorry for what they went through but it is NOT our responsibility to bail everyone out!" and I will add this to that quote, whilst ignoring our own people as we had our earthquake it was when millions of Americans lost their jobs, homes, life saving and retirement so that the banks and corporations drink and make merry! Let us not forget Katrina victims who are still suffering.

Edited to remember about the American Farmers who are going bust every day. I saw a program several nights ago on English TV whereas one farmer was quoted is saying that he was loosing $1500 on every tanker truck that leaves his farm. He then went on to show us the vacant farms in his community in the farming belt of America. The banks that we bailed out now owns these but are not working them! So I will leave with this last question. When the banks owns all the farms, who will feed the American people and those hungry mouths that we are now adding to take what we will not give to our own homeless?

If you want to give to Haiti that is your right but please don't forget about our own!

[edit on 1/20/2010 by IceHappy]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

Sorry but I have no compassion for them when I see so many Americans suffering in the United States.

Suffering??

How many American do you know that have no access to clean water? How many Americans do you know that live on less than 2 dollars a day? How many American children die of gastreontitis, in Haiti it's the number one killer of children.

But yeah it's not your problem of course, they are diseased third worlders, and it isn't YOUR responsibility to to take care of them. You have no compassion, you have no HUMANITY!

Some of the responses on here make me literally ill. Sometimes I am really ashamed of the human race.

I see you live in the UK so apparently you don't see who lives on the streets of America like I do.

These Americans have no water, they DON"T have 2.00 a day at all !!

Yeah, you're right, their not my responsiblity, they are NOT my problem, and No, we don't need anymore diseased, 3ed worlders in our country.

You are right about one thing you said:

I HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR THESE PEOPLE AT ALL!

P.S.
Why doesn't your country take in 45-50 thousand of them and show some HUMANITY and COMPASSION ???

[edit on 21-1-2010 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! peaceful!?!?! peaceful?!?!
I dont know what youve been reading but these people are not peaceful. Most recent example... peaceful people dont bash a 10 yr old boy in the face with a rock. peaceful people usually band together and rebuild their country instead of go out and chop each other up.
Im all for having compassion.. but Ill have compassion here and let them stay there. Im not xenophobic. Im Jamaican and my husband is haitian (and if you know anything about jamaican haitian relations we are an odd couple)
....People here have struggled and paid taxed all their lives only to have their houses taken from them because theyre a few months behind on mortgage payments and now you want to bring another burden onto the system?
now you say you want to introduce thousands more needy hands?
People who majority of which do not speak english and WILL NOT MAKE AN EFFORT TO ASSIMILATE. if they do come over and find jobs this will be even worse because 1) people here already have problem finding jobs and 2) theyre going to send all their money back to haiti.. how will that help us.

Im a firm believe in giving a hand up.. not a hand out.

let them rebuild their own country.....over there. and Ill keep my compassion...over here

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
IN ADDITION... I distinctly remember everyone in the UN complaining and telling america to mind their own business and stop trying to police the world.
But hey when your # starts to rocking and a sinking then you want help?

make up your mind...all or nothing

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join