It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions mount in Haiti over plea for Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Tensions mount in Haiti over plea for Aid

news.sky.com...]news.sky.com

Tensions are rising among Haitians awaiting international aid after a deadly earthquake - as the UN appealed for £346m to help the three million people affected.

Gangs of robbers have begun preying on survivors living in makeshift camps on the impoverished Caribbean nation's streets, which are strewn with debris and decomposing bodies.

Authorities reported some looting and growing anger among survivors despairing over the delay in life-saving assistance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-1-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Looks like a pretty desperate situation over in Haiti right now (which is understandable) with people looting shops and robbing others... but there are gangs roaming the streets too mugging those who may need aid more than they do....

Will it get worse?

Surely it will if Aid isn't bought in... you can almost sense cannibalism taking place...

What would you do in this situation?

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Where is all the aid from the middle east oil countries now? Why are they not just dropping supplies from transport planes so the people can get the aid they need? Me thinks something smells fishy here. Another Katrina like sham? Come on people, can you say "de-population"? I knew you could.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by socrateeze
That's what I'm thinking. I agree with you. This whole situation just screams of depopulation to me.

They are not doing air drops, even though the gangs have already taken over and are looting from the weakest.

There was a thread somewhere that suggested Haiti was going to be payback for America's debt to China because Haiti has... wait for it... GOLD!

Empty enough people in Haiti, and the gold mines are yours.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
There was a thread somewhere that suggested Haiti was going to be payback for America's debt to China because Haiti has... wait for it... GOLD!

Empty enough people in Haiti, and the gold mines are yours.

Interesting.
I was wondering if the Haiti quakes were caused by HAARP, and, if so, what motivation there could be.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

If food is air-dropped it would cause riots and deaths. Food needs to be evenly distributed on the ground and troops to prevent looting. This has to happen fast otherwise the proponents of air-drops will say they were right! The logistics of carrying out the distribution probably explains the delays.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Another one of these threads, eh? Some dark egenda going on in Haiti?

Come on people. The task of trying to get aid into the hands of over 2M people through a tiny airport, impassable roads and a non-functioning seaport is monumental. Do you think large-scale aide logistics can be whipped-up in a few days under these circumstances? Keep in mind, the only country in the area with the capabilities to provide the necessary coordination and logistics is the U.S. Most of Haiti's government was wiped-out. Outsiders, well intended or not, cannot simply storm the country. Diplomatic permissions had to be obtained. This stuff takes time. You can't just have all manner of aircraft converging on uncontrolled airspace. The results would be catastrophic.

As unfortunate as it may be it takes time to get things in place. Unlike a hurricane where you can do some pre-planning and pre-positioning the quake came without warning. Let's give a thumbs-up to the responders and wich them Godspeed.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

How unusual a statement with an understanding of common sense.
A pleasent change i gotta say i think that the haiti earthquake is a wake up call to all of us who are complacent. Howver i refuse to get caught up in the immediate conclusion that HAARP is the culprit. Its become the poster child for any thing that happens we cant explain. Wishing saying doesnt make it so.
Yes our government may cash in yes the people dont deserve to suffer yes people so absorbed in there own personal conspiracys they refuse any logic will say im ignorant.
Its just getting frustrating how little effort is going towards any real proof these days yes i know a conspiracy in itself is illusive and takes an element of faith however the real conspiracy in haiti may not have even begun and post are already forming conclusions and future PREDICTIONS( another concept we need to govern carefully or it simply becomes a lie) wich are completely unfounded. How is say HAARP responsible when we know so little about what it really can do???
Im just saying proof is just fiction if the proof was created from fantasy theorys of what if and i think and so on.....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

If you read my OP i never mentioned anything about any Agenda... it's other people who have bought an 'Agenda' into the thread!!

But a agree with you... it would take time for things to be done in an orderly fashion especially food & drink distribution but i'm thinking maybe the forces could have got a grip on things before they got out of hand....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think aid should be comming from China and the Middle East right now;
The US is in a fight for survival right now;
Maybe we can send unemployed doctors and workers over there to help but money is something that this country doesnt have

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
diplomatic permissions my lily white behind if most of government is wiped out who the hell is left to give permission . they just don't care.do you think we could air drop a battalion of troops in a few hours with trucks and supplies a c130 doesn't even need to land to deploy vehicles and supplies. we should coordinate with Cuba and go in and help instead of show what kinda limp impotent response we are doing in area . and this call goes out to so called journalist damn the story roll up your sleeves and act like a human being and help out where you can.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"WHaaaa Whaaaa Whaaa...Come help me because I cant help myself and these mean men are robbing us of stuff that we dont even have..."

These news feeds coming out saying that Haitians are getting pissed because help inst coming fast enough makes me mad. Nobody owes you a thing!

You want to not be robbed by gangs? Group together and fight the gangs off...If you lose the fight, how much worse off can you be?

top topics

join