It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Obama have to do in order for you to think he was a good president?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I want a president who speaks from thier heart instead of everything they are told like a puppet.Obama does not look to good with the teleprompter glancing down at it all the time.Obama made ridiculous promises and seems to realize none of them are going to work.He needs to get tougher on terrorism.Otther than that he is doing pretty good.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Fallacies? Where did I lie exactly??

Here we go with the citizen thing agan. ONE p*ss poor journalist who shouldn't be in a job anyway, writes an article about "Kenyan-born" Obama and everyone takes it as GOSPEL??? Come on people, I thought this was ATS!!!

To illustrate my point that journos CAN be that wrong, today the UK Metro (one of the most-read national newspapers around) had "Island of death" as it's front headline (about the Haiti quake).

The great thing is - Haiti ISN'T an Island, it's a country.

Ergo, examples of bad journalisms (and journos CAN be wrong - bery wrong in fact) are everywhere.

You Sir, should not believe all you are told by the media.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just wish people would admit Obama is not all that great as everyone thought he would be.He is a good man,awesome that we finaly have americas first black president.I think Obama made way to many promises from lack of experience..He has got to get tougher speeches on Iran and terrorism.For once go out there without any teleprompter and speak his mind and can any preisdent make thier own speeches anymore.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

The healthcare system for a start is a joke and it's getting to the point now where people are denied cover simply because they changed hair colour (yes, without declaring it - can you believe that!?). I know our (UK) system isn't perfect but there's only one thing worse than getting sick - and that's WORRYING about getting sick - and I don't because of it (our system)!

Fallacy, denied coverage because of hair color!?

Secondly, the ban on lobbyists, though it could be stronger, has got to be good and I wish to God that our (UK) Government would grow a pair and do the same. By the way, Sarah Palin, who's legislated for Oil companies would struggle for credibility under the criteria set out in Obama's anti-lobbying rules. Think on that next time she "galvanises the part base".

Fallacies, Palin?, and what ban on lobbyists?

Also, as for sending troops to Afghanistan - why that's exactly where the US SHOULD have been "fighting terrorism" for the past eight and a half years - IF THE OFFICIAL STORY IS BELIEVED, that is.

Of course Afghanistan is where they are at, next see Yemen.

On the flip-side, you had some hillbilly who somehow got to lead the country, TWICE, trying to finish what his Daddy couldn't finish 12 years prior - all the while he was banging on (LYING) about WMDs and then, STILL had the bare faced cheek to turn to Amrica's citizens and ask - nay, demand - for more of their sons and daughters to be killed for his cause - THREE YEARS AFTER it was established ther WERE NO WMDs at all - and I dont' care if you DID have the original receipts from the 1980's!!!

Fallacies, Bush? WMD's? Kill our children?

For failing to get Bush out, you deserve (an) Obama, and no, he can't walk on water, of course he can't, but I bet he could buy you a little more democratic help and co-operation with the UN (!!!!), before you start a new war and absolutely cripple your countries defence capabilities, and exhaust the means to replenish them.

I would explain all the Fallacious arguments you made in this post but why bother. As for the citizenship issue, he is not your frelling President. Unless of course you came over and voted for him. Take care of your own asshat politicians. I hear some of them are not very well liked. And you attacked a fellow citizen of mine and I will come to any fellow citizens aid. This is about the Global Bull# and it has to STOP! We need to get the frell out of all sovereign countries and you can take care of whatever your empire wants to do. Got it?

[edit on 14/1/2010 by TailoredVagabond]

My responses in yellow.

[edit on 1/14/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
IFor once go out there without any teleprompter and speak his mind and can any preisdent make thier own speeches anymore.

You point to a President that DIDNT' use a teleprompter.

I hate this "teleprompter" business. THE TELEPROMPTER DOESN'T HAVE A MIND OF ITS OWN and he is NOT Sarah Palin. he's not "cramming" anything before the world's eyes set upon him!!!

PLUS, he's not an Actor, so he can't remember every speech word for word.

In fact, I'd be more worried if he COULD remember a thousand words of dialogue without help, because as that would make him an actor and able to REALLY fool everyone!

..and to the question if any President writes their own speech anymore?

No. None of them have done as long as there has been broadcast media!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm not president of the Barack Obama fan club. Not by a long chalk. But I get the feeling tha we could have "Jesus" as president and just as much if not more vitriol would be spewed. You get the government you deserve. If you vote for the government, the government gets in. Get involved in grass roots political activism and do something positive rather then bitching about Obama on a blog. That and $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee. Maybe.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

OK your first point was ACTUALLY taking what was my (OK, rubbish) joke about insurance companies denying cover for changing hair colour and then trying to claim a serious point... Well done, you.

Secondly, Palin has lobbied Government on behalf of Oil Companies (and just happends to have been Governor for one of teh most oil rich states in your country.

Lobbying - see this link.

Nobody can work in Obama's administraiton if they've been a lobbyist within the past five years.

THEN, you just generalise about valid points I made about (both) Iraq Wars and that the CIA sold weapons to Saddam years ago. You didn't disprive a thing - quoting me and then generalising sure as hell won't disprove me, and I don't care if you CAN use fancy yellow text...

So, if the last bit is so wrong, you tell me now just where exactly the WMDs were in Iraq since we went back.

Seriously, if you prove that, then I will (along with just about every journalist in the world) withdraw my remarks and say yoiu are right.

Oh and while you're at it, you can prove Rumsfeld didn't sell weapons to Saddam (ref. my "receipts" comment).

...any takers???

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

I would continue to argue with you but you fail to even see what fallacies are or you are being obtuse to it for the purpose of deflection.

For your info Palin has nothing to do with the OP so that is a fallacious argument.

Do I need to point these out again?

The absolute laughable argument that Obama does not have lobbyists in his administration is pure unaldulterated lies. Do you want me to point out all the lobbiest. I think not, you will argue about them if I post.

What happened to your link with proof. Did it fail when you actually read the link?

And for your info, the topic is what would OBAMA have to do to.......

Not Palin

Not Bush

Not Pelosi

Not Bogeyman

Not Santa Claus

Do you even know what fallacies are? Let me help you, read up-

Wikipedia Fallacious arguing!

[edit on 1/14/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

The healthcare system for a start is a joke and it's getting to the point now where people are denied cover simply because they changed hair colour (yes, without declaring it - can you believe that!?). I know our (UK) system isn't perfect but there's only one thing worse than getting sick - and that's WORRYING about getting sick - and I don't because of it (our system)!

You're from the UK?
You don't know what it's like to live in America.
You don't know what it's like to receive healthcare in America.
Stick to criticizing your own system, not mine.
You don't know what it's like to be an American.

I'm a proud American.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Admit he WAS a marxist but that he has seen the light and is reformed. He immediately stops all governmental funding beyond bare bones necessities, recalls all members of congress, has new elections, locks up most of his current associates, has Soros thrown into a Turkish Prison, and then steps down.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Also bring back American companies...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yesterday he said to Yemen "Islam says you should fight against any invader of your country". He should say that to Iraq and Afghanistan, then his hypocrisy would be revealed.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thenothingorchid

I am not an Obama hater and I voted for him, but as with all people we don't agree with everything they do. As far as campaigne promises never being kept: As a canidate you don't know everything you come to know as president, so stuff changes. We all do it.

The Democrats as a whole have been doing some dumb crap lately.

We also can't dismiss that the things done by Bush don't still linger. If a football coach has a terrible draft then quits, the next coach will be dealing with it for several years. So yes, Bush problems are still Bush problems just as Obama problems will not be the next guys baby.

For Obama to get back to good with me he needs to:

Let the States dictate their own living standards; Abortion is legal, but let a state decide when and how. Gay marriage ain't a Fed thing either.

Deal with the illegal aliens problem. Other countries have whats called 3rd country nationals. They are their legally, but have limited rights and benifits (and they pay taxes) You ain't working and paying taxes you get kicked out; and absolutely no voting.

STOP TAXING. Some people make alot. If you don't too bad.

Fix our Welfare state. Get rid of all Section 8 housing and other FEDERAL programs and give that money to the States. Federal oversite of the family is like a Doctor clipping your toe nails.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Yesterday he said to Yemen "Islam says you should fight against any invader of your country". He should say that to Iraq and Afghanistan, then his hypocrisy would be revealed.

What should he have said to Yemen?

Additionally, what do you think it is we are doing in Afghanistan? Telling them to embrace terrorists?

Blaming Obama is now a joke, When people stub a toe some say *&^% me, it has nothing to do with your toe, copulation, or being buggered.

It's a conditioned reflex, like blaming Obama.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with all of your statements. Bush started it, Obama is finishing it. There is no secret there. The US is in exactly the same place as it was for the past 8 years, and it's not going to get any better any time soon. It's a scary time, because unless the sheeple....or excuse me....the US Citizens start speaking up and calling out this guy who swore to transparency (making closed door deals, and buying votes?), we are all doomed.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Oh god that is a hard question hmmmmmmmm............ probally if he kept just ONE promiss we MAY like him. hay what happened to ending the war? What happened to ending wire ptas and the patirot act? What happened to transparency? Why is he only allowing 1 hour to be aired on TV of the health care take over conference? He said change. The onlying that that changed is that he is black.

I remember him saying "I will give congress 5 days to read a bill before they vote on it what happened to that? Obama is a #ing discrase and a trator. He has committed TREASON

When the president of the United States, Barack H. Obama accepted rotating status as chairman of the United Nations Security Council, he committed high treason… not only a direct violation of article 1 section 9 clause 8 of the Constitution for the United States of America, which states emphatically:
“No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States; and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall without consent of Congress accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

But this act by the President also has violated the 13th article of amendment that was duly ratified by March of 1819, but with secrecy and by active subterfuge, it was replaced by Lincoln’s 14th amendment right after the Civil War. This duly ratified original 13th amendment states the following:

“If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them.”
www.amendment-13.org...

www.canadafreepress.com...

He is a Disgusting creature

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You know if he had set about to end the wars instead of escalate them, I would have put up with all the loss of freedoms.

There is a lot of economic BS, and wage/economic slavery that I will put up with but war is something I cannot accept the PTB putting on us.

End those wars and I'd be happy with whatever hierarchy, caste system, etc. the elites "think" they are so much better than us and should put us so far below them.

Let them think that, just end the wars!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The wars makes sense from a standpoint of looking at America at the end of Obama's direction

We will only be able to get the prescribed medical care, and will be as sick or as healthy as we are supposed to be

We will have no wealth left, and the FED will be reabsorbed into a more singular world monetary system

Our laws will be made by people that are not elected, but appointed, i.e. not accountable to the populous they administer to

We will live under more security, scrutiny, suspicion, and suspension than any of our supposed enemies

Our rights and abilities to posses and maintain our own personal defense will be utterly damaged...guns, private property, surveillance and searches, loss and application/usage of rights

and there will most assuredly be some that I haven't mentioned

Ssssoooooo... sending a large percentage of the trained, able youth to so far 3 different major engagement, as well as the multitude of ops that are happening all around the world, all of the time

it makes sense to keep these individuals away, and depleting

we are being somewhat thinned before the # goes down

the current forces we use are being trained to handle us in the event of disorder, for as long as they will follow orders...police, national guards, military, security companies, "civilian force that rivals that of the military", boy/girl scouts

when they stop following orders to attack, detain, and impede the rights we all have as Americans

we will be weaker, broke, segregated, disorderly, and resentful

chaotic

perfect time for either a savior...or a conqueror

internal or from afar

I think WE are on our own

EDIT to add:

I am proud to be with YOU
I'm looking forward to seeing YOU on the other side

DaddyMax

[edit on 16-1-2010 by daddymax]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As you can gather from the responses. In short, he would have to actually fix problems instead of continue them. In short, he would have to stop “pretending” to be a good president and he would actually have to “be” a good president.

What you (the poster) and the administration fail to grasp is that what Christ said holds true in all cases. He said, “You will know them by their deeds.” All you give a damn about is appearances. What would Obama have to do for me to “Think” he was a good president? All you care about is keeping me in line and shutting me up. You (and he) obviously don't give a damn about the underlying problems of our country. You, and he, obviously believe that what you actually do means nothing and what you appear to do means everything. We, and what we think, are not the problem. It is you, and he, that are the problem. Do the right thing, and I will not “think” he is a good president, I will know it.

Grasping at straws attempting to gauge the public's opinion in the hope of some propaganda solution is not the answer. The fact that you think it is, is precisely the problem. The secretive, elitist mindset of you and Obama prevents you from seeing the reality of your evil deeds. To you, the consequences of the decisions that you make mean nothing. You feel that you can do anything that you want as long as a positive propaganda campaign is appropriately timed to coincide with your evil deeds. You prevent the dissemination of truth in the desperate attempt to control the knowledge of your deeds and yet you fail to understand why people somehow seem to know that something is amiss in what you've done. So, you become enraged at the notion that somehow information of your true deeds must have been leaked. Somehow, the information of your evil deeds must have been broadcast by the press through some, slight and innocent, slip of the tounge. You cloister yourself away amongst the think tank elites while you scoff and snide at the bumbling, uneducated masses who wave and cheer like fools the moment that you happen to pass by.

And yet, you and your think tanks end up scratching your heads as if you don't understand whenever the unknowing, uneducated public begins to show disapproval of your deeds. What did we do wrong in our presentation? Was it word choice? Did I wear the wrong suit? You behave as if to believe that your massive disapproval ratings must be linked to the trivial and unimportant matters of taste or style. Who now is the elite and who is the fool? For only a fool, convinced of his own superiority, would even venture the question: “What do I have to do to make you “think” I am good?” For the answer is not intricate or hidden. The answer is “Nothing”, for we “know” all to well that you are anything but “good.”

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What would Obama have to do in order for you to think he was a good president?

1. Write "I am sorry, I screwed up" on a WHitehouse notepad.
2. Sign it.
3. Walk into a small room with a loaded revolver.
4. Do the honourable thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join