It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many around you seem suddenly "befuddled" ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sometimes I forget how awesome I am.

But then I quickly remember and smile.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by silent thunder
Thanks again to all the posters so far.

I am particularly intrigued by those who note spelling and verbal errors (forgetting common words, etc.) I am pretty sure I personally make more such mistakes than I did a year ago.

Not from Queensland or Australia, either.

Without a doubt my spelling skills have gone downhill. My wife and kids would usually run a word by me in the past....now I'm running it by my 9 year old first....even when I write some words and I KNOW they are spelled correctly, they still don't look right!

Spelling here too, and I used to be aces in that category. Hell this thread could really grow, and I bet it ends up on ATS news with Johnny Anon.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Is it possible that perhaps these people around you have always been like this, but you've only just started to realize? Seems to make a lot more sense. I'd say that reading threads on ATS opens up peoples minds, and so they then notice how many people don't have their minds open and seem to be 'out of it'.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I think more than anything it is electronic in nature. There are days that while my mind is sharp and clear I just have no real interest in doing things like work, even though I get paid per project, and always have projects pending to do that clients are often desperate to get in a timely way.

I guess its best described as an apathy or malaise?

It’s often accompanied by what I can best describe as a tension knot in my forehead. It doesn’t produce a pain like a headache but just a noticeable tightening of the muscles in that area.

Is this on the front left side of your brain by chance? I had this for sometime. Actually haven't had this tightening sensation since I started high-dose nutrients in 2008.

When I am having especially bad days or need to get something done I scotch tape some refrigerator magnets to my forehead. That clears the tension and restores my drive and initiative and overall sense of well being.

Interesting.

I honestly feel like I am the subject of some type of electronic interference. My USB drives attached to my computer will periodically light up as if they are being run for information even though I haven’t queried them and often am not even using my computer when that happens.

Could just be windows checking for any changes in the state of the drive. I'm really not sure.

If I leave the volume on my computer speakers occasionally a series of static beeps will come from them like they are picking up some kind of electronic resonant feedback, that usually lasts 10-30 seconds in duration.

This could actually explain all of the above to a large extent. Electromagnetic interference. You speak of projects. Does this involve a mass of electronic equipment like a music or video studio? If so, your problems could be a whole lot of dirty elecro pollution.

The freakiest thing of all is sometimes even when I am talking on it and the battery is fully charged my cell phone will just go completely blank and power off instantaneously without even going through the normal cycle down shut off process first.

I had it checked at the phone store by the carrier I purchased it from and all the wiring is fine, and the programming up to date, they can’t figure it out.

This may sound dumb, but I had an issue like this, and it was just a slightly lose battery. It disconnected from the terminals periodically. I probably could have just used some electrical tape or superglue, but I got a new phone instead. Also may be related to elecro-mag flux.

Finally the pages here on ATS sometimes will just not load on my computer and will just keep cycling through the download process without ever fully loading the page. None of the other websites I visit for business or pleasure do that. I have updated my browser and internet connection but on average I have to click on a page by attempting to load in as many as 6 different open tabs before one of the will finally load. It’s like I am being redirected through another server that just never completes the connection.

Not sure about this one. Could be a virus. Anything's possible with windows these days, assuming that's what you use. I prefer linux or osx86, though I'm currently on win7 and not experiencing any issues.

It’s all rather bizarre and I try not to let any of the above bother me but just take it all in stride and do my best to work around it.

It’s entirely possible I am just going stone cold crazy but I really don’t think so!

Thoughts anyone?

All I can really say is it doesn't sound to me as if you're going crazy. Who knows, though. Maybe we're both crazy!

[edit on 10-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Actually now i think about it, it isnt just my spelling that is going downhill but also my reading, which i have always been quite good at. I seem to have to re-read sentences once or twice for it to sink in, where i used to be able to fly through entire paragraphs.

As i said it is extremely frustrating because a year ago i could read and write quite well.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by sicklecell]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What was the question?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Is this on the front left side of your brain by chance? I had this for sometime. Actually haven't had this tightening sensation since I started high-dose nutrients in 2008.

No dead center of the forehead right over my mythical, mystical third eye!

I drink 2 glasses of all natural Orange Juice, and 1 glass of all natural Apple Juice, and 1 glass of all natural grape fruit juice every day, take one shot of energy drink each day with about 2,000 miligrams of various vitamin B's. Typically have one green salad a day, and either a heavy meal of free range no steroid chicken or beef a day.

Interesting.

The magnet really has a soothing and relaxing effect, maybe it's just because I am imagining it has a soothing and relaxing effect, and it is helping me create mind over matter, but I am in reality a very self disciplined person who typically doesn't believe in talismans for accomplishing things with the mind.

I really feel like it helps modulate and change my bodies frequency and block or neutralize what might be electronic bombardment of it.

Could just be windows checking for any changes in the state of the drive. I'm really not sure.

It does it several times an hour and the timing does not correspond with restore points, and it is an external drive too and not part of the original operating system.

I could be wrong but I think my computer is constantly being pinged or probed, mostly likely by some kind of bot external source.

This could actually explain all of the above to a large extent. Electromagnetic interference. You speak of projects. Does this involve a mass of electronic equipment like a music or video studio? If so, your problems could be a whole lot of dirty elecro pollution.

I have a lot of electronics in a fairly compact area, audio, visual, and several pieces of attached electronic hardware.

The really crazy thing is when I turn them all off. Especially if I turn all the electronics in the house off right before I go to sleep. I sometimes then hear voices in my head, laugh if you will but it's usually George Bush Sr.!
My dreams become much more vivid then at night.

Not only do I think there might be at least in relation to me some type of electronic bombardment going on, but I think my normal electronic activity helps to keep that on a subliminal level but when I turn that electronic interference off then I experience some things directly on a concious level.

Could all be a product of my vivid imagination and relative isolation but, I am not so sure.

The magnet placed in the middle of my forehead makes a difference in that scenario too.

This may sound dumb, but I had an issue like this, and it was just a slightly lose battery. It disconnected from the terminals periodically. I probably could have just used some electrical tape or superglue, but I got a new phone instead. Also may be related to elecro-mag flux.

I tried switching out the battery and had the connections tested. I hate getting new phones because my carrier doesn't use sims cards and I usually have about 600 numbers stored in my cell phone that I then have to manually imput into the new phone or spend the better part of two months asking people who I have known for years who the heck they are when they call. I live in Miami and about 60 of them are named Jose, and 40 named Pedro, and another 30 named Juan! It's kind of an embarassing process doing it that way!

Not sure about this one. Could be a virus. Anything's possible with windows these days, assuming that's what you use. I prefer linux or osx86, though I'm currently on win7 and not experiencing any issues.

It's just very odd that it's only ATS that the page cycle and load is so erratic on. I have updated my flash player, java, browser, internet connection and everything. None of the other users seem to be complaining about it, at least no one has started a thread on it on the Board Forum.

All I can really say is it doesn't sound to me as if you're going crazy. Who knows, though. Maybe we're both crazy!

Well as me dearly departed maternal grandmother was oft fond of saying "The whole world is queer but me and thee and sometimes I worry about thee".

Hopefully though we are the sane ones on the bunch.

Thanks for responding.

[edit on 10/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I believe this is a long slow process, so no one will notice and just chalk it up to 'the economy', work stress, or the like..

On the other hand, when you are going through the process or phase of 'waking up', of course it seems that no one around you is doing the same. Everyone appears to be dumb all of a sudden, simply for not questioning all the bull*snip* things they think they 'have to' comply with. Or so they believe..

Someone said apathy too. Hit the nail on the head.

People don't seem to be concerned with too much until their little boxed in world is turned upside down, most of the time. This is how they have been RAISED to think and act.. just like how their family dentist has told them fluoride is good for them. You cant really blame them for the massive scale of under the radar social engineering that has been going on for centuries.

Have faith. Everyone has their own catalyst if they are meant to see the proverbial 'light'.

Personally, I was starting to feel this way a few months ago, depressed, just all around fuzzy feeling. I pay very close attention to what I eat, where I get it from, and I have been doing yoga everyday when I get home from work(also I'm around a lot of computers so I too feel the constant electronic assault). Certain poses open up the meridians and it facilitates toxins in leaving your system. I could come home with a major headache, by the time I'm done doing my stretches and relaxation techniques they are always gone.

The fact that this really seems to be more of an attack on peoples perception of themselves, and the 'way the world is'. If we were truly powerless, I do not believe TPTB would have to try so hard. Just my opinion.

Maybe if we complain to our local water companies we could at least get rid of the fluoride? Also I heard that cat tails in water filtration suck out all of the birth control hormones in the water. Step by step is better than nothing at all.

edit to add:

Another thought I had that just came to me.. If the energy/vibratory pattern whatever on the earth is in fact increasing, maybe people who have not been preparing themselves in some sort of way, are just having a hard time coping with it now??

[edit on 11-1-2010 by ohh_pleasee]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I had the problem of not remembering simple words alot, i could hardly even visualize something as easy as a toaster, or couldnt remember one of my friends name. i have noticed that i was befuddled, but for the past month or so when i came to peace with what has happened in my life it cleared up.

Maybe that is just me, or maybe my mind is sorta getting use to it so i dont notice, ill have to ask my roommate bout this

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

It's interesting that you mention Texas, because I'm a Texan and when I read some of the threads on here, like this one, I always think to myself, Thank God I'm from Texas ..

However, I live in a rural area of Texas, far away from any big city/metro area .. So maybe that could have something to do with it.

I have noticed lately that television really seems to burn my ass more than usual. I used to garner a little joy from some reality shows, but lately I can't even watch an advertisement for one without getting irritable. My wife and daughter have both noticed and commented on it as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I was getting super depressed until I started drinking spring water. We had a filter on our tap water, but when we went to buy a new one, britta and ge and kenmore, all said that they don't take out any fluoride. So we started buying water again. And I have begun to slowly feel better.

Also, we boil water to humidify the air. When we started boiling water last month, there was a little white residue from the tap water, when it got down to the bottom, and dried out in the cast iron pot, it smelled like plastic and aspirin, like medicine.

Well, the past week, when we boil the water, we get about half an inch of white residue per two pots. It is weirding me out in a way. Now when we go out to eat, the ice water they serve tastes really bad, and I know they filter it. Also, I swear I can smell saltpeter in the water.

Good question, though, I have noticed that people are either really aggressive and angry, or very emotional. Women all over my town and in Memphis are going crazy, they easily fly off the handle. I kid you not, I saw a women throw her I.D. at someone who needed it to process a merchandise return. I thought I was gonna witness a real cat fight.

I still wonder if I should have tried to calm them down. I'm torn over that. Should we let people let off steam or should we try to control things more, if we are able?

People are telling me to keep my head low, these days, don't talk about subversive activities or civil war, nor plan for one, just wait for people to come around. I wonder though, with so many people drugged by the water supply will that ever happen?

Good post, starred and flagged.

XL5

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
ProtoplasmicTraveler, do you have AVG? Did the drive seem to be scanning when it shouldn't after a patch?

On topic, if its electronics that effect you, try a tinfoil faraday cage around your room. I always feel releaved when the power goes out in my area for some reason, it might be the lack of 60Hz hum or no wifi stuff. Also, I have been having very drowsy moments for some odd reason (not on meds, 9-10 hours of sleep) and have felt slightly congested for a long time. Maybe its lack of oxygen to the brain that is making people feel like this. I wonder what effect a mild and long lasting decongestant would have.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
IMO, this is the one of the most important topics on ATS at this moment bar none. That might seem silly at first glance given the state of the world,granted, but I have been noticing---and trying to document---this 'collective mental regression' for the last 15 months.

Starting from my personal first 'lapse' in october 2008( a simple inability to recall the name of a close friend)and since I had witnessed my grandfather go through dementia years before, I had a full physical check up almost at once, thinking it not impossible it could be some unsuspecting medical/mental disorder. The results of the check-up found no problems at all and my doctor just attributed it to a bout of 'forgetfulness'.

After that, I begin to try to make myself acutely aware of my own mental processes and the apparent reasoning/thinking/verbal skills of those around me. I asked about and discussed this with many people, both close friends and co-workers. I am almost convinced there HAS been an almost universal 'regression' of sorts.

The symptoms are almost exactly like those listed by posters in this thread: verbal and communicative skills seem down, memory seems erratic, simple tasks seem elusive. Also, this seems to cross most age barriers or demographics as my profession brings me into contact with widely diverse people or groups of people.

Not entirely convinced it is a mental slow-down on a strictly technical level, as it does in some ways seem to mimic cases of extreme demoralization, depression or simple stress. However, as I stated above, it IS broad in scope from what I can gather and affects people across the board.

In summary, it is concerning in that it is so subtle and abstract and very easily ignored. It should, however, be possible to seek common denominators by comparing regions/demographics and checking for certain indicators.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have been experiencing short term memory loss. I'll forget where I just put the keys, or something I just said a few minutes earlier.

But I also notice that my daughter is a little off too. She is 8 now and when she was 5, the school she was enrolled in required all kids to get the chicken pox vaccine. I was extremely wary of this, but the school wouldnt accept her unless she had it. She has the same issue with forgetting what she just said or forgetting what she ate for lunch at school.

My mind isn't as sharp as it used to be. I used to be AWESOME at multitasking, and now I'm just a little above average. It's scary.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I feel it,too. I actually used to be a very articulate person! This is why you see so many of my posts contain Quotes instead of my own words...I just don't feel adequate at expressing myself anymore!

I do okay at "Connecting-the-Dots" though! I can still distinguish things on an innate level and know what I see when I see it.

It's got to be the combination of all the things the previous posters have listed,from technology to the water,to the sheer overload of information we take in regularly.

In addition to that,I feel we are all involved in a spiritual battle,as well. The enemy will use confusion and distraction to weaken us.(No,I won't turn this into a God vs, Satan post!) But that's how I feel!

The world can destroy my body and my mind,but it can't touch my soul!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've noticed the same thing, and I have posted about it a few times as well. For me it started about 2 years ago. I've always been a good writer --the best speller, etc., but now I'm constantly misspelling words of all levels. My ability to recall words and stories has also gone down severely --stories I've told dozens of times. But it's not just me. It's many around me as well. Some people won't admit it for fear of losing their jobs, friends, etc., but I pay attention and I see they're having the same difficulties in the recall department that I am having. People of both sexes, all races and all ages. Now it's not everyone of course, but I have noticed "something" in about 30% of the people around me -and it's increasing. I see levels of lethargy that is quite eye opening.

It might be chemtrails, but I think it's the water because some people I know don't go outside alot and are experiencing changes.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I agree with whoever it was....I can't remember....who said this was potentially the most important thread on here.

I don't really have the recall problems with spelling and words, but I have noticed occasional forgetfulness, much more marked than it ever was before. I live way out in the sticks, have a private water supply from a well, don't drink, have never smoked or done drugs, and I'm perfectly healthy and not on any medication. Maybe a little overweight, depending on your preferences.

I work in a petrol station at weekends while I'm a student during the week, and I have noticed that customers, and I see thousands of them in a day, are acting more and more like zombies....so shut down, unresponsive and non-reactive. It's quite scary. We are finding more and more that we really have to take charge with them, just to stop them bumbling about in the shop and half the time they can't even remember how much they spent on their fuel or where their car is. Regularly, people will say yes to the wrong amount of fuel and pay much more than they should. Often they are totally incapable of even remembering or recognising the number of the pump they were at.

My theory is also that it's electronic, but also perhaps something to do with petrochemicals. They are so toxic and have a weird kind of energy signature that they must affect us, and they are in EVERYTHING! A gas station would make this effect particularly noticable, I think, even with vapour recovery systems in place, as there is bound to be something of them floating about that we might breathe in and would affect us.

Acutally, I've just spend 4 days working there, which is much more than usual, and this morning I had the most almighty hissyfit because I could not for the life of me remember the third thing on my list of things I was trying to sort out...it was all paperwork, and I got totally confused. I'm not stupid...my IQ floats somewhere around 142...but the frustration was immense at not being able to remember one little task. Maybe we're onto something here...........

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

When I am having especially bad days or need to get something done I scotch tape some refrigerator magnets to my forehead.

That image made me laugh! Do you ever forget they are there?

I always where a ball cap.I stick mine in the front behind the sweat band.

I can wear them all the time and no one is any the wiser.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Interesting post I know that a lot of people here on ATS think about this and why it is happening. No doubt that it is happening, whether it is because of TV, radio, internet--they could be sending us hidden messages through the frequencies of our brain waves--or whether it is the multitude of drugs being fashioned for every little thing you can think of--and more! Maybe the chemtrails or the water supply or the many pesticides used on our vegatables and fruits or the genetic engineering done on our meat or all the crap put in the oceans and lakes so that the fish are no exception.

Either way we are screwed and we probably could not reverse this even if we could. I have personally noticed some strange emotional and even physical changes in my own life. I am a songwriter/musician and for the last two to three years I have not been able to really concentrate on writing anything. It is really frustrating to say the least. (just listen to the radio or watch the television if you don't believe me. nothing but garbage mk ultra type brainwashing there). I feel unorganized and unable to organize my thoughts to say what i need to say. I am a student and I have been able to write many essays but I found those hard to do as well. I don't know maybe--like many on here--I am just imagining all this because I read too much about the conspiracies--or should I say truths--going on in our world today.

I do know one thing though, they (the TPTB) are doing someting to us that should make us so infuriated that we burn the whole planet starting with them--figuratively speaking

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

That's crazy that you say that. My spelling used to be top notch (knotch?) lol, and everyone in my family and extended family would call to ask ME how to spell a word. I was the spelling champ in my family. No one could out spell me.

For the last couple of years though, I can barely spell my own name. I am constantly having to use spellcheck. When I google something, 9 times out of 10 the search result comes back "Did You Mean _______".

ARGGHHHHH! I am better than this. WTH happened??? Do you know how humbling it is to have to ask your wife how to spell 'Vegetable' after years of gloating about my super spelling powers. I was the Champ. Now I am a Chump.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join