It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many around you seem suddenly "befuddled" ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
ProtoplasmicTraveler, do you have AVG? Did the drive seem to be scanning when it shouldn't after a patch?

On topic, if its electronics that effect you, try a tinfoil faraday cage around your room. I always feel releaved when the power goes out in my area for some reason, it might be the lack of 60Hz hum or no wifi stuff. Also, I have been having very drowsy moments for some odd reason (not on meds, 9-10 hours of sleep) and have felt slightly congested for a long time. Maybe its lack of oxygen to the brain that is making people feel like this. I wonder what effect a mild and long lasting decongestant would have.

I have that same slightly congested feel for a long time too. I take decongestants for it periodically. I also had a slight problem with toxic mold two summers ago after a hurricane came through and caused some internal flooding.

It's possible lingering effects of that might be at play too.

The world is a dangerous place! We need a new one?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thank God I am not the only one feeling this... Before coming to this, I was worrying about alzheimer's. I forget too many things, yet I can still work. I can't finish sentences. I forget words. I have (had?) a 138 IQ, for whatever that's worth, now I feel numb. And dumb. I am on many medications, but that can't be the whole story. The huge chem trails in the sky? The neurotoxins, excitotoxins, flavonoids, etc. in the food? The high fructose corn syrup? The huge mounds of plutonium pits stored in my city? The P.E.s I suffered 3 years ago? The fluoride, etc., in the water? I guess I am lucky to be as coherent as I am!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thanks for the reply Unityemissions.

It is such a sad state this world is in now!

I was raised in a small midwestern town where most of our food came from my grandparents farm or my Uncle's small grocery store. The meat was from local farmers/ranchers, the milk, cream, ice cream etc was also from local sources. In other words - in the 40's when I was young I was eating correctly/healthy.

I am not sure WHO to blame for the state of our food at this point.

Large companies want to make a profit - not produce "good" products.
Government agencies dictate what and who can grow what
produce/grains. (I have a cousin that was PAID NOT to grow anything on his land).

Or is it the consumers themselves that don't have the time or money to eat well (let's face it - it is more expensive to eat Organic type foods) than to open a can of cheap soup or grab a fast food burger.

Again - all very sad to think that the staple of life - Water - is probably making most humans sick!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Its all right.

Times are changing now and we must face all of these problems

"and I know things are rough and it seems as if its cold, buts its the more thoughts that occupy the seams in your soul."

Never keep your lense out of focus, and don't depend on anyone.

Allways be self responsible.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would argue that, overall, "the masses" just aren't very bright to begin with. On top of that, many people are being systematically dumbed down through various means such as bad parenting, a broken educational system, an increase in the use of medications, an increased dependency upon technology, and an increased dependency on government, etc.

Liberalism is a big contributing factor IMO. People get lazy and complacent and instead of working hard, taking personal responsibility, and making good decisions so that they can make it on their own, Liberals have decided that it's OK if you're a failure in life because you can rely on an all encompassing govt nanny to take care of you from cradle to grave. If you don't want to take advantage of the freedom we have in this country to better yourself and your lot in life, then the govt will provide for you. The govt will feed you, clothe you, house you, pay your retirement, take care of your health care, give you a cell phone, and wipe your butt for you. When people depend on govt for things they should be doing for themselves, they get stupid and lazy.

Every single person in the USA can make it if they choose to (unless you have a mental handicap). You have free will. You can choose to study hard in grades K-12 or not. You can choose to go to college, or not. You can play the victim and complain that you were not afforded the same opportunity as others, or you can get up off your butt and do something about it. It's called personal responsibility, individual liberty and freedom.

When I talk to my Liberal family members and friends, they argue the complete opposite of the Conservative principles that this country was founded upon. They argue how we need more govt, more handouts, more bailouts, more taxes, more spending, universal health care for all, and an endless litany of govt solutions because apparently half the people in this country can't take care of themselves.

In conclusion, it's not necessarily fluoride and drugs in the water supply, or chemtrails in the air we breathe, or digital TV signals affecting your brainwaves, or whatever conspiracy you want to subscribe to. Maybe it's all these things and more, or none of these things. Maybe, just maybe we are being brainwashed by a Liberal Media and a Liberal Ideology that makes people dependent on govt, breeds laziness and complacency, and makes people more stupid by relying on the govt to take care of them from cradle to grave.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Americans have always overreacted to events and always got distracted by pop culture. Hell, we're even afraid of sex still. HELL!!! More states allow first cousins to marry than allow same sex marriage. What does that tell you?

The pop culture by which Americans are distracted with today is different than that of the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, and present. If compared, there is an apparent 'moral' and 'intellectual' decline in the pop culture from 20's to present. Pop culture is the third parent of children; it is a religion. There is mom, there is dad, and then there is Pop Culture.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have felt something strange mentally within the last 9 months or so. It is very slight, but it is effecting my life productivity non the less. I probably feel it less then others cause i don't eat fast food, drink tap water, or watch cable television (just to name a few).

But physically I feel somethings trying to interfere with me mentally. I can only discribe it as a type of ache. Areas that are effected start from top-front-center of scalp, to temple region, back behind ears, to base of skull, ending at back of neck where shoulders meet.

Granted, I'm sure stress can cause all that I've described, but like I said, it feels like something is trying to change/alter me mentally..... for better.... or worse.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Though it is nothing new or sudden, I have been aware of the increasing rate and percentages of "befuddlement" for a number fo years now.

My own confused and bewildered state has improved immensely since I went completely self employed and stopped taking all medications. I also pay attention to my food sources and produce as much of my own as possible and seek trusted sources.

I have embraced my fractured dysfunctional friends and family and lead all that will follow on a spirit walk of self discovery.

I may be just fooling myself - but it seems to be working for me and most of my loved ones.

I have noticed that entrophy always increases, IE: the rate of change, positive or negative must accelerate. My best recommendation is all of the above coupled with an honest inductive logic examination of your life.

Root out the self deceptions first and the remainder become sometimes painfully obvious. If you did not come into maturity equipped with some, establish your core values and a personal mission objectives list.

It certainly simplifies and balances living. IMHO

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

Your right in the sense that people really do seem to cling to this government complacency and dependance, isn't that odd, I guess its not that odd after you look at our history and see it repeating.

Were coming around another cycle now and its time to make some choices and do some things, so lets celebrate this new year and what it represents allways throughout this year.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I see a fricken army of "high-5-boys-n-girls" all twirling glow-sticks while singing about how "enlightened and awake they are becoming" as they play with thier cell-phones and forget where the hell they are walking while texting.

That reminds me of the good ol' story:

After ten years of study, Zenno believed that he was ready to be made a Zen master. One rainy day, he went to visit the famous teacher Nan-in. When Zenno went into the house, Nan-in asked: “Did you leave your umbrella and your shoes outside?”

“Of course, I did,” replied Zenno. “It’s only polite. I would do the same thing anywhere.”

“Then tell me this: did you place your umbrella to the right or to the left of your shoes?”

“I haven’t the slightest idea, master.”

Zenno failed

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

Ya I see what your saying about accelerating everything that is postive or negative. I see that.

Also these energies cannot really effect eachother, they are only focused intent. They cancel eachother out, it is only within the self that the whole can be found and it is realised where you stand, where you really stand.

So it really is going to be a choice if you can decipher these words.

Its impossible to describe the feeling when aligning with this energy and it may feel overcoming at first.

You first would feel lightheaded, you might feel pain and warm spots and cold spots of movement. You may find that everything around you can feel in your heart.

Allow love to carry you through your heart and into life like a flower.

Prepare and be ready to become the soul that you are.

Its time to clean up this mess. This is a big one

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know what you mean. I've noticed that I've personally "dumbed down" so to say... Sometimes I feel like I have some kind of brain fog, and it is hard to concentrate and actually think... It gets to the point where I start to read something and end up just putting it to the side because it takes too much effort to concentrate and understand the words. I have always had flawless spelling, grammar and reading abilities, but lately I've noticed I am sometimes misspelling, forgetting and getting confused about simple words. This could be a health problem, it could simply be from a total lack of mental stimulation for a long period of time, it could be my diet, or it could be something more sinister... who knows. All I know is that I personally have been noticing changes, not only in myself, but in society. No offense intended to anyone, but people, especially teenagers, seem excessively dumb nowadays.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I will provide this one anecdote to answer your question. A few weeks ago I was at work and decided to ask someone who we fought in WW2; just one country was all I was looking for. Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, hell I would've taken France. This person absolutely could not answer it. Didn't know who Hitler was aside from that he was a mass murderer.

This person said she made an A in history. I laughed at her.

I asked another person, pretty much the same thing. That was the day I lost all faith in this country ever being as it was 60 years ago.

On a side note, I asked them what D-Day was ones response was, "it's a war or something."

I'll admit, I'm not as sharp as I was 5 years ago when I watched Jeopardy daily and was 2nd man on my high school's academic team but damn.

I have found two cures to the creeping stupidity though.
1. Books, read for god sakes. Your mind does some incredible things when you read a book.
2. Be physical, work out your body as well as your mind. Be outside. Turn your electronics off. You'll notice a difference in a couple days.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I posted in a thread about flouride several days ago that an Aunt of mine was suffering from memory loss, mood swings, poor earing and other things. She's 79 but I don't believe she is suffering from Alzheimers, dementia or anything else, it's her medication I'm sure of it because some days she is right as rain. She was prescribed Venlafaxine but doesn't know what for or when. It's an anti depressant and gives similar symptoms to Aspartame.
Also she watches the television and reads the gossip mags. Believes every word.
I think TV has a lot to answer for, I watch mainly sport myself because the quality of programs has gone downhill, movies are rubbish and music has gotten the same. There is a lot of aggression in modern music and it reflects in the people that listen to it while driving.
Some people would rather text on their phone than speak, that's why they are unable to hold a normal conversation.
"Celebrities" and some sports stars are built up and made into false idols then rammed down our throats as though we have to worship them. Barely a day goes by without Jordan, Paris Hilton, The Beckhams, Cheryl Cole, Kate Moss or Lady Gaga being in the press or on the front of a magazine. In the 70's the only time I heard a movie star or singer mentioned was when they released a movie or record. Or they appeared on the Parkinson chat show on a Saturday night. I'll never forget Kirk Douglas singing "Maybe It's Because I'm A Londoner" Those were the days!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think people are seeing this stupidity but they don't realise that this is something that can be seen in all men and stems from something way back and deeply rooted into the human psyche and that it infact has nothing to do with actually being stupid.

I think it has to to do with our total dependance on government and others or anything to come in a save us. People have become complacent because they have asked for it with their actions, yet people are still not aware of why they do anything. People need to stop and think.

Your seeing stupidity around you and what is it telling you directly as a person.

Maybe you need to open your eyes and see beyond what is written as truth. Maybe your seeing into the stupidity of humanity and realise that nothing could be farther from the truth. What you are seeing maybe is the grand deception before your eyes.

And that those stupid people are parts of yourself that fail to understand or recognize certain powerful understandings of life and self.

All of this is juts a result of our own intentions and feelings.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A friend of mine asked me a similar question a few months back. I asked him what his diet was like or what he consumed the most. His response was artificial sweeteners. He also said he was getting bad headaches and a loss of appetite. I pulled some info of the web on reactions to the poison and he has quit since then, feeling better. Something I have been seeing lately in the news is how they have been talking allot about people with headaches. Why would this suddenly be a symptom to so many. Vaccine reactions? something in the water? Check all the labels of what you eat or drink. How many of you drink Bottled water?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have the same feeling, there is something defiantly going on to bring an unbalance, those who I considered smart are now ditzzier than I thought I was, yet I feel more knowledgeable and awake to my surroundings than I used to.
I still get the lethargic but my mind is more active than ever. Do I do things differently than others ? maybe I do , I never take drugs of any kind, over the counter or prescription. I do smoke however and this link could answer some of these questions.
The Nicotine and Fluoride Link
Maybe it is the barium and aluminium in the chemtrails and whatever other things they spray in the air.
I don’t even need to go outside to feel it, the energy is different, but when I do go outside my energy has random spikes, it’s like my spirit/self (call it what you will ) is trying to pick up something, but it just can’t tune in on the exact frequency.
the calm before the storm is the best way I can describe it. It’s not a good feeling of calm though.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think that maybe instead of getting dumber, we are becoming more aware of how little we actually know. We determine our own intelligence by comparing it to those around us. In a world of global communication, a person may feel inferior or behind on intelligence due to the massive amounts of information and opinions floating around. People used to be a lot happier and used to have solid friendships before this high tech age.

On top of that, a lot of people get inflated egos about how highly intelligent they really are while hiding behind a username on some forum.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Create your own energy within your room and start taking everything away that is negitivly effecting your reality, including all your actions.

Open your eyes and your heart and see your reality, which you are allways effecting and creating changes within.

Did you get a flash of what it means to be self responsible.

The energy your feeling outside is the darkness trying to control even more now, so it becomes more clearly visible.

Bringers of the wings of faith shall lend others the fear and step off their pony.

I'am the brothers of faith how many times does sheding this infromation does it not sink.

Its amazing how some of us think we are better than the most stupid person on earth, infact we are only as dumb according to your that crap ideal of self death.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized
My spelling has taken a big step backward recently. I do feel overall "not quite right" but my spelling mistakes of late have been very noticeable and I find myself drawing a blank on more and more words.

Dear god. Queensland only started adding fluoride to the water a year or so ago. Maybe less, not quite sure. Typing this reply has suddenly made me realise this may not be a coincidence.

I am from Queensland, and have noticed these very things about myself. particularly spelling errors, and memory blocks at times with spelling. This has become very noticeable to me.

Weird !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join