It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many around you seem suddenly "befuddled" ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Look no further than Pop Culture. The 'small group of people' that are above governance exploit human nature's most negative aspects, temptations, and desires. Listen to the music the 'youth' is listening to; watch the movies they watch. Pop culture is the reason. It warps tradition, morals, and intellect. Generationally speaking, intelligence is on a decline. There is an apparent parallel decline in both Pop Culture and Generation. They correlate.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm from the UK.

All i generally drink on a daily basis is water and also coffee.

I don't feel any stupider personally.

I do agree with the Facebook assertion someone made though.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I cannot say that I see a difference in anyone around me, everyone is still the same and showing the same intelligence they possessed always.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have to agree with the depression idea. Last year I was suffering from the same symptoms now. Apathy, tired, lazy, cluelessness, helplessness, feeling stupid and brain dead. It was definitely depression and I knew the reasons why. A couple of life changes later i've been fine.

However the last month or two it's come back and I have no idea why. Im constantly tired despite getting 7 plus hours of sleep, constantly aggravated or grumpy, and I have absolutely no ambition for anything. I can feel the frustration build up in me when I can't figure out what the hell to do! The worst thing is i've seem to lost how to speak.

I seem to mumble words or just completely forget them. I've been embarrassed a number of times the last week in front of friends for trying to tell stories or just communicate only to have me ramble off incoherently or just unable to think of the words I want to use. It's ridiculous and I can't explain it. Anyone else have those problems?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I blame mass medication via water, food, meds, phone masts and chemtrails.
It is about 2 years ago now when I felt like 'death warmed up' and made a determined decision to reverse the damage.

My water is not fluoridated so carbon filtering works adequately.
I eat organic and free range foods delivered and cooked at home.
I abandoned my doctor - tore up my repeat prescription slip and am recovering using alternative medicine.
I bought plenty of orgonite and spread it about my home, and 'gifted' some to my nearest phone mast.
My senses have improved - I no longer need my hearing aid.
My hearing is so acute now that even the slightest background noise irritates me.
I react to smells too - any smell derived from petrochemicals makes me gasp for breath.
I get that same effect if I am outside on days of heavy chemtrails.
I rarely watch TV. I read a lot (non fiction mostly)

This health revival has affected my desire for social contact.
I am a happy suburban hermit.

I can sense the feelings of people, and most of them are angry and miserable, and so best avoided.

I am fortunate that I don't need people contact for happy survival (I am retired)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Unhappy milk comes from unhappy cows, that's us. We weigh down the collective conscience when we exist on a low level. That goes for unenlightened hyper activeness which unsettles others from being able to think calmly. (aspartame, flouride whatever you want to blame it on. TV.) We're all connected in some way shape or form, so those who have taken the worst of the slow kill are causing a catoring to reaction from those around until a solution is come to.. That's why i believe there is a plan by certain negative powers for mass genocide.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Americans have always overreacted to events and always got distracted by pop culture. Hell, we're even afraid of sex still. HELL!!! More states allow first cousins to marry than allow same sex marriage. What does that tell you?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In my opinion, it's just coincidence. Or, to put it more dramatically, a form of mass hysteria.

I have been having troubles with spelling too, and I tend to be a bit more 'forgetting' than otherwise. So? The fact is, a lot of people are reading this thread. Undoubtedly, a percentage of those people experiences some 'befuddling' (didn't know that English word btw) now or then.
Now then, it's logical that upon opening a thread about this phenomenon, a lot of people actually reply and say they experience in too. It's a fundamental error in reasoning that it has something to do with obscure matters as chem trails or whatnot. It's just about that fact that it looks like a problem, while in fact it's not. By the way, don't forget that when you want to see red cars, you actually see a lot of them...it's called salience. Salience of an object or phenomenon that is made highly accessible in your short-term memory. But so much for the psychological theory behind it.

It's just coincidence.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I did forget some of my new friends observing from above did think life was all there was and there was nothing outside of the universe and that they were my god and not creations of OUR GOD WHO EXIST OUTSIDE OF THIS LITTLE UNIVERSE. SOOOOOOOOO........SMART OR DUMBING DOWN MABEY HAPPENING FROM A BROADER SCALE. Or I may be dumb posting SMH....

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
And guess what. All of you are just starting to realise this now.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Okay guys, this is really disturbing me now. I noticed the same symptoms that people are mentioning here. This is what I went through. I would say that today at 27, I'm as sharp or sharper than when I was 15. No kidding. Let me tell you guys what I changed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is more a maintenance routine for myself. I will also add what to do when you're really run down. This list doesn't include what I did to initially fight off brain fog in it's entirety.

My daily protocol:

Wake up and have a bowl of organic oatmeal with local honey and organic cinnamon. Local honey gives low does of allergens from the surrounding area. This works as a sort of natural vaccine. Cinnamon is antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant. Drink with herbal tea. Usually Traditional Medicinals: Daily Detox . This tea has excellent herbs and includes some adaptogens .

The rest of my diet includes whole foods. Nuts such as cashews, almonds, and pecans. No peanuts. They contain fungus usually. I eat sandwiches a lot that have almond butter and blueberry jam. Freakin' deliciously nutritious.

More herbal teas I use include ginger, peppermint, triple leaf detox, celestial seasonings black cherry berry. Also use other individual adaptogens: American ginseng, eluthero, gotu-kola & fo-ti root. These all help on so many levels. Pick up a book on adaptogens. You'll be amazed at the benefits. I purchased this one - Adap togens: Herbs for strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief . I also use a product called GT's Kombucha multi-green. This contains raw kombucha, a probiotic known to eliminate candida, and blue-green algae + spirulina + chlorella. These three will help with heavy metal issues.

NO caffeine
NO HFCS
NO processed foods
NO ---so that means no sodas, energy drinks, and minimal fruit juices.

Eat whole fruits. Preferably organic, but it's cool if not. Be sure to wash away the pesticides. I use a drop of oregano oil usually per apple.

Eat veggies preferably, but I really slack on this one. It would be ideal.

Oh yes, I supplement with niacin and ascorbic acid daily. Both in therapeutic high doses using an Orthomolecular protocol. One gram of niacin in the form of (inositol-hexanicotinate) and 1/2 teaspoon ascorbic acid with lemon flavinoids, 3 times a day. The benefits of both vitamins are numerous. They fight off pathogens, modulate neurotransmitters, histamine levels, minimalize stress, improve mood and memory, help prevent heart disease, Alzheimer, possibly cancer, etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now for what I originally did to kill "the beast", ie brainfog, low energy, negative moods, brain zaps, spaciness, forgetfulness, trouble reading & comprehending. This is probably many things going on. Candida, viruses, bacteria, protozoa, other fungi, etc...all working against the immune system. When it becomes compromised, infection occurs. Most people seem to be suffering from a series of sub clinical diseases. Enough to keep them run down overall, but not quite to the point of seeing a doctor.

This can be explained by the many ways in which our immune system has been compromised over the many years, and how toxins and pathogens are way, way, way on the rise. So what can be done?

Kill 'em all!

Half of the immune system is in the gut. 95% of serotonin is produced there as well. Hippocrates said that all disease begins in the gut. Pure genius! So we must help out our gut. The above protocol will help, but since we've (most of us) grown up on a junk diet, even more must be done. We gotta wipe the gut entirely, fix it, and replenish it with beneficial bacteria.

I personally use wild oregano oil and peppermint oil to wipe the GI tract. These seem to be the most beneficial in my experience. Start with a few drops of each, two or three times daily in between meals. Do this for two weeks. Then switch to probiotics. I use 4 or 5 brands at a time. One brand each day, twice or thrice in 24 hrs. Rotate and continue for two weeks. Switch back to essential oils until you feel well. A few rounds should do most people quite well.

The other thing to consider is what's called the leaky gut. Our gut lining can become permeable. This allows toxins and pathogens to get where they most don't need to be, our bloodstream! Many people today actually have plastics and fungi in their blood! No good at all. To fix this, simply invest in a lb of glutamine powder. Take 5 grams twice daily. I would take this during the entire process of killing bugs and restoring gut.

Doing all of this should greatly improve symptoms. Additional things to do include:

Supplementing with vitamins. Only about 40% of Americans get the rda of magnesium. This is needed for many detox pathways to be used. As is sulfur. I take epsom salt foot baths every few days. Most pores are located on bottom of feet. Steaming hot, filtered water with a cup of salts in about a gallon of water. I just rinse my sink well and use that. You can also just go get a bucket from home depot. Zinc is commonly deficient in people as well. Be careful with this. Headroom between therapeutic dose and a toxic dose is marginal. Take 25mg once and see how it works for you. I'm personally quite sensitive to what goes in my body. If I'm zinc deficient, take a dose, I can feel the stress relief within 30 mins. Micro nutrients would do most people some good as well.

Sauna therapy. Far infrared technology, preferably. This stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, and shuts down the sympathetic nervous system. Good for increased immune, endocrine, digestive, and lymphatic systems. Sweating also provides a means for synthetic toxins to leave our body that otherwise couldn't and was previously just being stored. Cancer waiting to happen!

Meditation including visualization: Visualizing activates the right-brain which is correlated with parasympathetic nervous system stimulation. The more you practice, the stronger the results. I can tune out for 10-30 seconds when pushing it a little too hard and be instantly refreshed temporarily.

Exercise! Improves just about the whole body. Also another means of sweating, which I already mentioned is great for purging the body of plastics, heavy metals and the likes.

Chunk the tube. The television is the single best source of mindlessness modern man has. It's effortless, requires very little mental stimulation, and supposedly produces alpha waves to sedate us! This is an ideal state for mind-programming. Millions watching the same feeds. Wonder where our independent thought process has gone? Look no further.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am an older (yuck) female and when I was going through menopause the hormone imbalance caused me to forget basic words.

This really scared me and I talked to a friend about this. She said she had had the same thing happen to her. I did feel better - that it was Not just me - but the hormone fluctuation that was causing the mental lapses.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with what people are experincing? Are hormones being added to the water? Or other things that would cause a flucuation in human hormone balance?

Sorry about the spelling - I am dislexic AND have noticed that this has gotten worse of late.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have noticed several people telling me recently that they have relatives with altzheimers.

I just assumed it was because I'm 43 and it's the age where my friends parents will start getting this stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mappam

You're correct. Most people's hormonal balance is all out of whack! The above post will greatly help with this on many levels. It has a lot to do with the plastics which are all around us. They contain endocrine disruptors, xenoestrogens, estrogen blockers, androgen blockers which are leeched from the container and into what we digest. It's also in the air from the factories. Soy is used in many processed foods and contains estrogen. Cut out the processed foods. Detox the body. Limit exposure to cellular phones. Hold them at least an inch away from head. Don't keep them in your pocket next to your junk! Cell phone usage screws with the sperm, and testosterone levels.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have also noticed that several of my friends and my family members have stopped in conversation and just said - "Oh God I can't remember that name. This is terrible and it's happening more and more - I hope I'm not getting altzheimers." or "I'm having a senior moment" etc.

On the other hand my 94 year old grandfather is sharp as a tack and drinks the same water and milk and breathes the same air as the rest of us. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
people seem as stupid as ever tho it seems like peoples lifestyles play a big part in it. They're so obsessed with tv series, movies, celebrity gossip that it just gets on my nerves. I think the everyday media bombardment plays a large part, but it could also be to do with the cocktails of chemicals we take, who knows.
btw I also regularly forget basic words and have frequent memory blocks.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have definitely noticed that many women that I know have suddenly become passionately obsessive about romance novels in the last few months. Much more so than before.

That is usually a sign that there is a hunger for love (of self) and self actualization. So that's cool that that is in the pipeline.

Some may stay stuck in the novels but many, I'm sure will step out and satisfy that ultimate "true love" search of self in healthy ways
as you have mentioned in the thread... the "wake up" as it were.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I find myself making silly grammar and spelling mistakes that I didn't struggle with before.

I am doing way more self-editing.

Particularly, confusing their/there which used to be my pet peeve when I saw others doing it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't think most of you are thinking straight. Yall are starting to sound like zombies who are chanting some kind of matra of self death

Ring ring ring ring ring, we have a buzzer going off.

Playing catch-up will not work, because you are also me.

Your DNA says slave, because you have given in to that. I have not.

You are so delicate that you need to be craddled otherwise, you will die.

Its like a fire, without oxygen it can't breath!

I'm not playing your ritualistic games of death and so I dance and move as the death.

Don't do this,

Its going to be really really something you wish you had not unlocked.

I'm aware of the mind control, its not hard to spot. Does that mean I should come to this thread a regurgitate a bunch of self destructive garbage, no I love myself more than that, and I love myself enough to accept it within myself aswell.

The energy of the sun could vaporize a human body, yet it may not be effected at all if your frequency is high enough withhold it.

This is something wonderful going on that will take your heart and lift you up through this energy and you will experience profound change.

Times are hard ya, but lest stop whining about it and do something for petes sake.

Crap has been hard for me too, its time to take responsiblity

Ya my brain is burning and my eyes are burning, but I still see clearly and can think on my own. Theres so much love to hold onto with to take you through life, let that be your guide and not your pain. Allow for change, within you.

So drop all this crap on the floor and stop picking it back up.

It sticks to you and it just gets everywhere, like dog crap.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I will come back to this comment because I am going to forget it again if I do not write it down. Someone stated that they became irratable while watching shows or commercials.

I have almost become IRATE while watching tv lately. Shows I use to enjoy I feel like there is something wrong with the whole watching of them. I cannot explain it.

As for the forgetfulness of words and the like, yeah, exactly.

The past two years seem to be about the length of time I have seen it in myself. As for others around me I feel they have become almost apathetic about a lot of things.

Okay, now that I put these ideas down.

Proto-I have had the exact same things as you on ATS. I think it is about time for me to do a wipe again and reinstall my saved image. Yes my two external HDD's seem to fire up with me not accessing anything that would fire them up. Me thinks you may have a worm or trojan.

I use xp to sp2 only. I am thinking of switching over to linux. I hate to do it because I know xp like the back of my hand.

And with my current haziness, oh well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join