It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens Have Souls ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade
even if by some fluke you have failed to see my signature.

So you think Aliens are going to return, Awesome

Logic would suggest that you have to go on known knowledge of life and the only example we ahve are from earth so far if we look at it from human standpoint.

So you're saying you don't know... cool.
I mean just because all we know is earth and what we have here... and just because we literally cannot comprehend what aliens might be like, doesn't mean that they are bound by our primitive thinking/logic/understanding.

Looking at it from a human standpoint is all we have, doesn't mean that's all there is... or that we're right.

This does not rule out life other then the structure used on earth, but doe make the chance smaller for it in being so.

No it doesn't, not even remotely.

Earth in the universe is like one grain of sand on a beach, times infinity.
As i said, just because we can't comprehend something other than what we have on earth, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

[edit on 10/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Found the verse I was looking for.
It's Genesis 2:7
God "breathed" His spirit (or soul) into Man.
I believe that this separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lacenaire
Found the verse I was looking for.
It's Genesis 2:7
God "breathed" His spirit (or soul) into Man.
I believe that this separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom.

So is there a verse that states Gods view on Aliens or what he did to them?
Is there any mention of them having a soul?

I mean if we're using the bible to prove that animals don't have souls, then shouldn't we be using the same method to prove aliens do have souls?

[edit on 10/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

Found the verse I was looking for. It's Genesis 2:7 God "breathed" His spirit (or soul) into Man. I believe that this separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom.

Dammit! Way to go to kill a thread with an unarguable fact. Man, that is just unfair! Do you mind if I copy your post and paste into 50% of the other ATS threads? Okaythnxbai!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
When God created Man ---- that could include aliens as well....

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lacenaire
When God created Man ---- that could include aliens as well....

Let's stick to solid, unambiguous quotes.
If we're separating animals from "Man" in that quote, then i think it's fair we separate "Aliens" too.

Is there specific mention of What God did or thought of Aliens... not man or animals?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Nothing specific that I know of.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Why do humans INSIST on wanting to think we are SPECIAL? IF there is a god then why would it make this vast universe/multiverse only for us? Additionally, while I don't mind discussions on such topics I think it is much more imperative to even prove if aliens exist before we start discussing the religious aspects of it (which we don't even understand our OWN religions really.)

But, if there is a soul in living things then I see no reason to think aliens would not have one. Plus you have all the reports available (of course unconfirmed) on the many reported races of ET and their advanced religious nature for the most part.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Why do humans INSIST on wanting to think we are SPECIAL? IF there is a god then why would it make this vast universe/multiverse only for us?

Because of the ego.
It's unfortunate but many cannot just simply accept that we are merely another species on the planet.

prove if aliens exist before we start discussing the religious aspects of it (which we don't even understand our OWN religions really.)

Exactly.
That was what i said in my very first post on here.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Plus you have all the reports available (of course unconfirmed) on the many reported races of ET and their advanced religious nature for the most part.

That creates another problem. If God made man in his image, who's image did he use to make Aliens? If they are also made in his image, that would mean that we only slightly resemble his image. Like how a ape slightly resembles man.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

That only applies if you think we are physically in God's image. I tend to think that spiritually we are in God's image, energy, but not in the physical. I would venture to think that if we were to see God, he'd look nothing like a man.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was assuming that aliens already exist when I posted this thread.
Something that I have grappled with for years.
The thing that finally put me over the top was Harry Jordan's testimony on UFO Hunters (History Channel).
Harry Jordan was a radar operator aboard the USS Franklin D Roosevelt during the Cold War.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I agree with SpeakerofTruth, I believe "his image" refers to our soul, NOT any physical aspect. I also do not believe "god" is physical, only the entirety of everything in all of existence in the form of some type of hyperdimensional energy matrix WAY beyond our current comprehension at this time.

[edit on 1/10/2010 by jkrog08]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
When they make themselfs officialy known, you will have the opportunity to ask them. It could be soon, relatively speaking.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There is no god.

the creation and creator is you.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thats like asking do Animals have souls. Dur.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Triple_helixxx

And you just contradicted yourself. Bravo!

And you are right. we are god. Fragmented.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Haha, why do people think this question is so difficult? It's not at all, especially when one understand the nature of reality and consciousness.

All conscious beings have souls. Consciousness is all there is.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There is no doubt that aliens do have souls. Having a soul doesnt necessarily link to religion, but we do release some kind of energy when we die. Besides, as primative as we are, a type 0 civilization and 150 years nearing type 1, who are we to say whether something far more intelligent than us has a soul? Odd, isn't it?

As for the other things that were said about existing, here is my 2 cents.

It's foolish to think or even say "Aliens may not exist" or "Aliens dont exist". You shouldnt even have a 1 second hesitation to the questions "Are we alone" or "Do aliens exist?" And yes, there is video evidence from two of the STS missions showing objects moving under intelligent control. Definitely not a UFO since it's not us doing that, its something else. So it must be alien when everything is ruled out. But perhaps we should still be debating whether the earth is flat or round even though we have evidence that isn't so.

There is something out there and you dont need the evidence to show to anybody no matter what they say, and may those fools be astonished.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Some of you are still operating under the assumption that soul and spirit are the same. You can be souless and still have a spirit....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join