It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens Have Souls ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
There is no doubt that aliens do have souls. Having a soul doesnt necessarily link to religion, but we do release some kind of energy when we die.

Yeah, it's called a spirit.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

To be honest, I thought both meant the same thing but then again, i've never read the bible nor do i have religion. The beliefe that aliens played part in our existence is what I go by.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

I think a soul is an idea and not a fact. People wish they had souls, but no one can tell if it exists.

I think we are more like a Meat Computer.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

Well, in the book of Ecclesiastes, it makes it clear that the soul and spirit are not the same. It essentially states that the soul dies with the body, but the spirit returns from whence it came. By the way, I'm not religious either.

However,it makes sense that what constitues the soul is the carnal mind and dies with the body. The "breath of life" or the spirit is what is eternal.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
I think we are more like a Meat Computer.

Certainly that is what the soul is. However, that does not rule out the spirit which is what animates the animation, not the soul.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
Well, let's put it this way. If aliens do exist (which I believe they do), and according to my religion God created everything (I'm Christian), then God must've created aliens. Therefore it would be logical to conclude that aliens to have souls, but only from a Christian perspective.

I am a Catholic myself. I personally think if they do exist they are not from God, but from Hell. (plus you hear to many bad stories about Aliens etc. so I doubt God would have created such beings which gives more credibility to my comment)

www.tldm.org...

just some thoughts

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
There is no doubt that aliens do have souls. Having a soul doesnt necessarily link to religion, but we do release some kind of energy when we die.

Yeah, it's called a spirit.

Kinetic Energy. When we die, muscles holding bowel and bladder control cease function and the pressure inside the body forces some those waste products out wherein the energy then dissipates into the local environment. Usually the pants.

As to the topic title, there is no reason to believe that Aliens have souls. There is no evidence to suggest that we have souls. There is no evidence to suggest "streams of conscious life forces" or whatever dualist vitalist remnants have recombined into. There is every indication that consciousness is emergent from complex cascading storms of electrical activity in the brain interacting which produce patterns of activity. Chemical disruptions in the brain can alter these storms of activity to interact new ways which result in temporary state of altered consciousness. This can include normal chemical release (such as adrenaline rushes) or ingested in the case of caffeine giving you the pep to start your day. When someone "expands their mind" with illicit drugs, they're just changing the patterns of activity.

Nobody has yet discovered or proposed yet a working model which explains how the immaterial (fantasy) interacts with the material (reality) without completely "breaking physics". The soul is about as real as Microsoft Windows. We can say Windows exists in this reality, because most of us are using a variant of it right now. But where is it? Can you extract it's essence and run it separately from a PC? Does Windows keep operating after you shut off the PC? Sure, you can hold CD or Hard Drive containing Microsoft Windows on it in your hand... but it's not Windows, just patters of pits in a thin metal foil sheet, or the vertical/horizontal position of iron filings on a platter. You have to have the PC to read those patterns of 1's and 0's and arrange them into the proper patterns of activity in the PC to make "Windows" as we experience come into existence.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Because of the ego. It's unfortunate but many cannot just simply accept that we are merely another species on the planet.

Species is an arbitrary term usually defined by when the genetic differences within separate populations become to diverse to allow for successful reproduction. I am cousins with my cat in the same manner I am cousins with the son of aunt, except several magnitudes of order further removed. Both my cat and I are similarly cousins with the tree in my front yard with several more orders of magnitude even further removed.

On top of this, "I" nor "You" are singular beings. We are collectives of billions of smaller single organisms working together in a cooperative fashion. Some of them share our genetic code, like from skin cell to liver cell. Some of them don't, such as a brain cell from the E. Coli bacteria cultures in my intestines. The E. Coli there is just a part of who "I" am as my skin cells are, because I probably wouldn't be alive without them helping to break down my food and help my immune system adapt to microbial threats. And on top of this, even my genetics are not entirely "Human" because the "Human" genome contains several additions of foreign DNA sequences from retroviruses.

Furthermore, efforts to simulate a human brain within a PC are already underway and by the end of the decade it's proposed that it will happen. One of the components, the Neocortical Column has already been emulated and is fully functional. So when that happens, if we teach it language and we start talking to it - do we treat it as an "it" or as a human being with a mind encased in silicon processes instead of bone and flesh?

"Human" is actually quite an arbitrary and loose definition. Most of what we identify as what makes humans different from other animals is just a matter of capacity and happenstance events collective and passed down over the generations. We have to "learn" to be human, not just have a human brain. So "human" can effectively be two components, a biological brain and it's basic function - as well as a collective of information, culture, behavior, language, etc, which wire it up properly. However, we cannot teach a cat or a chimpanzee to be human in the same way we teach a child to be human, because their brains don't have the base structure or operational capacity to learn how to become human. Though chimpanzees and cats born and raised in human environments will have behaviors and mannerisms which differ from their counterparts in the wild. The chimpanzee especially will be able to pick up more human characteristics and behaviors than the cat, since it has a brain more similar to our own.

So to put this into perspective, if we were to use the Neanderthal genome to resurrect their species - we still wouldn't have recreated the Neanderthals. They wouldn't have the social mechanisms their ancestors had developed and probably wouldn't last long if left to their own devices. If raised in the human world, they would merely be humans shaped by the operation of a Neanderthal brain. It's little wonder then that humans took 140,000 years to start building the first societies that we really identify with as being human. Had it not been for, perhaps, the right combination of events over an unknown period of time, we wouldn't have developed the proper social tools necessary to become what we today consider to be human. Tools that those who are still living in precivilized hunter/gatherer societies (such as African Bushmen) also share, but of which feral children* or extremely neglected children do not.

(* = Most feral children stories are urban legends, hoaxes, or otherwise laced with bull. There are a few legitimate cases.)

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Aliens does fit to Islamic Concept of Creation and Intelligent design as Well Intervention Theory(Sci-fi Hybrid of Evolution and Creationism) but Doesn't fit to Judeo-Christian Concept of Creation and Secular Modern Evolutionary Synthesis thus Aliens(especially Greys, Reptilians, and the Anunnakis are soulless due to their Reptilian and Mechanical nature)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I believe everything in life has a living consciousness which includes a soul I also believe that there exists on this planet technology to transfer souls from one body to another using vast amounts of electromagnetic energy that effects the bodies circuitry and overloads the pineal gland in the brain, although I have no proof its a gut feeling.

Electricity plays on the brain

Do I believe that ET have souls. Why should they be any different to us? taking in to consideration the numerous testimonies from abductees it appears that some of our galactic neighbours are very spiritual and make a special effort to show us humans how it all works.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
and overloads the pineal gland in the brain

The pineal gland has about as much to do with consciousness as the lymph-nodes or testicles. It can even be completely removed via a procedure called Pinealectomy.

Human Pineal Physiology and Pathology.

The Corpus Callosum (the structure connecting the left & right hemispheres) has far more of an effect on consciousness, and severing it causes a condition known as "Split Brain" wherein each hemisphere operates independently. Although there is still one persona, selectively blocking sensory input to one hemisphere can allow you interact with the other independently. You can interview each hemisphere, and it appears as if there are two separate consciousnesses.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Who cares about Judeo / Christian and it's ignorance and lies? Every creature has a soul and that soul is not different from any other. The soul animating a rabbit today could have been the soul animating your great grandfather in the past. The soul assumes a body suitable for it's existence. I suggest you go to a "Christian" website rather than try and turn ATS into a bigoted "Christians OnlY" discussion.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a soul is made up of your body and your spirit. so we know that they must have bodys so the question is, do they have spirits?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
of course they have souls, i like to think that every living thing that can think for itself has a soul

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
HUMAN SOUL= ENERGY GOOD OR BAD/+ OR -/ANGELIC OR DEMONIC

Energy is deposited throughout the UNIVERSE in positive and negative forms. It is incarnated within all things created by the true CREATOR even in planets and stars known as (GIA).

Humans possess these energies + or - and call these energies SOULS linking them to the spiritual world of what is labeled HEAVEN OR HELL a GOOD LOCATION FOR THE WORTHY AND A BAD LOCATION FOR THE DECIETFUL.

Animals possess a different form of energy that is more a + producing energy for they dont seek to overpower each other w/o the knowledge of CONTROLL-WAR-MINERAL VALUE-$$$$$. EX. Tigers dont hunt Lions for their Lion coats to sell. But these creatures are designed to hunt for food to eat and to feed their offspring in order to survive. They basically possess a +energy for they dont seek to destroy each other and label each other as enemies EVEN WORST MAKE WEAPONS TO KILL EACH OTHER. They keep a positive balance in nature like here on a EARTH full of negativity FULL OF +ANIMALS.

Those known as Aliens-ETs-or known as gods by the ancients may fall in a different catagory depending on why they were here but ALL possess either + or - energies. EX. The WATCHERS written in the book of ENOCH were sent here by GOD THE CREATOR OF ALL to watch over humanity as humanity evolved through time (call them angels or good intention aliens @ first). Theses ceatures appeared to possess also a + and - energy. The WATCHERS who began to LUST after women of EARTH began to act negativly and sexed EARTH women creating DESTRUCTIVE CREATURES CALLED NEPHILIMS (ANGEL AND HUMAN MIXED BREED CREATURES) (HEAVEN AND EARTH CREATURES IN 1) these would eat humans and also other nephilims VERY DESTRUCTIVE BUT NOT THEIR FAULT (the great flood was to of occured to drown these offspring) These bad WATCHERS ARE WHAT ARE KNOWN AS SOME OF THE FALLEN ANGELS, BONDED TILL THE LAST DAYS for their actions UNTIL RELEASED BY THE STAR**** ABADDON/APOLYON when they will be freed. But what of the GOOD WATCHERS THAT LISTENED TO GOD where are they????????Were they rewarded for handling their duties why on EARTH!!

My point with the watchers is, OTHER BEINGS CAME FROM HEAVEN/ABOVE SOME POSSESSED POSITIVE ENERGY AND SOME POSSESSED NEGATIVE ENERGY those bonded for their -actions will face their second death and END casted into THE *ETERNAL* LAKE OF FIRE WHERE NEGATIVE ENERGY IS DEPOSITED AND REDISPENSED AS GOOD ENERGY. GODS children will face death 1c. The evil brand will face death twice. Hope I answered your question OP. S&F FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lacenaire
Found the verse I was looking for.
It's Genesis 2:7
God "breathed" His spirit (or soul) into Man.
I believe that this separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom.

I agree also.

[edit on 1/11/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sounds like a philosophical question. You can't locate a person's soul -- though some New Age religious types like to point to the pineal gland for some reason (Descartes most likely.) So, to me anyways, one's soul is that which defines us as sentient beings. It's consciousness and self awareness. An amoeba has no concept of self, it's alive but has no soul. A dolphin, on the other hand, recognizes itself in a mirror, so I'd say it's a sentient being and does have a soul.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The soul is older than the physical universe itself, i believe. So they most likely do have souls. its hard to say really......

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

ur soul powers ur body, do u think chemical reactions create consciousness?? the chemical reactions make sure ur body functions as designed in the physical part of ur reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well to find that out we first need to make first contact and ask them... Untill that happens I don't know what kinda answer you expect.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join