It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect Respect, Even if We Don't Agree. Logic, Moderation, Freedom.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
"Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism." - Barry Goldwater

I am not a republican, nor am I a democrat. I do not seek anarchy
nor do support totalitarianism. I do not argue opinions, and I do not
believe everything that is presented as fact. I believe in logic, but I will not condemn another person for their feelings. I hate no one. I like all genres of music. I will taste any type of food at least once and I will
learn about any culture, religion, people and ideology I do not know about. I have had relationships with women from all races and religions, and friends from all over the world.

There is not one movie or book that I do not appreciate, no matter how bad it is, because I can see the amount of hardwork that was put into it. I do not agree with everything or everyone I see, nor do I pretend to. But, I respect everyone's opinions and won't try to change their minds as I would not want anyone to do that to me. I feel as though that this is one of the biggest problems in the world today. Everyone (not including you) is so quick to judge, argue and try to assimilate everyone else to be just like them, that we can't even allow our selves to have differences in opinions and life styles without fighting, killing, name calling and hatred, even when someone else's beliefs or opinions don't even directly affect someone else.

I believe in the pursuit of happiness. I feel as though these two quotes are some of the most important things I have ever read, and try to live my life by them.

"Everything in moderation, including moderation."

and

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

I do not drink, nor do I do smoke or do drugs. I have no problem with anybody who does, to each his own. I believe in that phrase, almost 100 percent.

I am generally a pretty happy guy, due to my beliefs and the way I feel and conduct myself, there are very few times in which I find my self angry. For the most part on a day to day basis, I have no reason to be angry. Though, I do get disappointed. I feel myself disappointed in the fact so many people are so angry all the time and little things set people off like a switch. I don't mean big things, I mean things like arguing over which video game console is better, or which political affiliation trumps over who. But, even with the disappointment, I wouldn't try to argue with them or even stop talking to them. I am sure I have opinions people don't agree with, but I would hope that they would not stop talking to me because of them.

I don't like the edit button. I will probably never use it, I feel as though if you say something you should stick by it, spelling mistakes and all
. I have been on this site since aprox. 2005. I like pretty much a little bit of everything, I can't think of one specific topic that doesn't interest me.

I don't shove my religious or political views down someone else's throat. If we end up discussing it, I still won't become overbearing, nor will I argue, because the truth is nobody knows what is "right" and what is "wrong". We are all just people on this planet trying to make our way.

I help people as much as I can through small little gestures of kindness. Strangers or family, it doesn't matter. I don't hate police, they are people too. I don't agree with all laws.

I don't like the fact people have such a small group of "friends" throughout life. I don't like the fact we are around tons of people everyday, but are at the same time so secluded from them. I often walk up to strangers to make friends. When watching movies I always think about what everyone elses life is like who isn't the main character. I love riding the bus and train For this very reason. I feel as though we as people are making the world smaller and smaller by technology, but at the same time are becoming so much farther and farther apart.

I believe in taking action when you feel injustice, but doing it in a way that will get you the results you seek. Planning things out logically is only half the process, I feel as though many people want change but never do what needs to be done until its too late.

I personally am split between two ideologies concerning our physical body. One part of me thinks we should take care of our body 100 percent and keep it in good shape, while another part of me thinks it's just personally choice and that in the end it won't matter. Though I think of those two at times, I keep my body in shape.

My primary point of this introduction, is to show how different people truly are. We are not just one thing that can be boxed and categorized into different departments that describe us. I try not to judge a book by it's cover, ever, and I feel as though I am fairly good at it. We live in a brutal and chaotic world, do not mistake my kindness and civility for naivety, and do not mistake my patience for the inability to take action. I have been cut, burned, drowned and beat but I will not change what I believe in, nor would I expect you to either. While it may seem that I do not have strong feelings for certain topics, I do. I will just present it in a "take it or leave it" sort of way. There are injustices in the world, and those are the things I am concerned about changing, not the mind of someone who is already set in their ways.

Haha, reading through this it seems as though I have written a manifesto setting my self up for a conspiracy theorists dating service. I just love to write, I find it calming. As you can see I tend to babble on, you will learn more about me soon. So for now, thanks for reading and I can't wait to interact with you guys further!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well you've certainly set yourself to be welcomed and liked as a new member my friend
. Here's your first flag.

I think you will do very well, and I look forward to your contributions on the board. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Welcome! Nice introduction post. If you've perused some of the threads, prior to registering, you are well aware of what you have stepped in. If not, enjoy the show!

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
yeah never a dull moment here, after so many years as a member i still end up surprised and learn something new.

Great introduction, and welcome

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Haha, thanks for the heads up. I have been here since about 2005, off and on, just depending on what's currently going on in my life and how much time I have to go through most of the topics.

With that being said, I am fairly sure I have read through almost, if not all, of the big "important" topics from about 2005 until now. I suppose now it's time to throw my hat in the ring and add to the discussions that happen on one of my favorite sites to read.

I suppose all that's left to say is thanks for welcoming, and we will see how my contributions pan out.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TranscendencyNow

I rarely flag intro threads, but TranscendencyNow, wow man that was a very deep and well written introduction!

You will go along ways on ATS with a spirit like that.
As its always to have another well rounded open minded member who is well versed in the subject manner..
You sir are a gentleman, and a scholar

Welcome to ATS!
Zy5

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thanks, it's really appreciated. I hope to find more and more open minded people, who go into things with an open mind but also go into things from a logical standpoint, looking at both the negatives and positives to make an informed decisions and opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Do you work for the CIA?

Seems like your introduction was carefully crafted. There's nothing your hiding right?

Well i'm j/k.

Welcome. I wait to hear more from you.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Haha, CIA. I suppose one would never know, would they? But, as you can see from my various spelling mistakes and errors in grammar that I might have left unchecked, that I lack the critical scrutinizing qualities of a member of the CIA.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TranscendencyNow

I lack the critical scrutinizing qualities of a member of the CIA.

Now that's funny!

Welcome to the ATS TN.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I didn't notice any spelling or grammar errors. But I like what you wrote, if more people were like you, this would be a better world. You sound like the kind of person I would be proud to have as a friend.
Take care.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thanks Sundreez, and speaking of funny, I actually wanted to tell you Schrodingers Dog, that your name makes me laugh every time I read it. While I wouldn't want to stick a dog in a box, when ever I read your name I always picture a big dog in a small box, not sure why the box is too small for the dog lol, but it just is. I guess his last concern would be the poison, since he wouldn't be very comfortable.

new topics

top topics

join